+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A salutary story for the lurkers on here

Re: A salutary story for the lurkers on here

what year was that message board from perhaps 2004 ?

sadly a few of those posters are no longer with us

Quote Originally Posted by MOZZER2 View Post
    what year was that message board from perhaps 2004 ?

sadly a few of those posters are no longer with us
    I do like that there’s a thread debating whether to drop Koumas for the Luton game on Valentine’s Day.
    Scored a brace that day in a 3-3 draw.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I do like that there’s a thread debating whether to drop Koumas for the Luton game on Valentine’s Day.
    If I recall correctly, we were 2-0 down and being battered. Koumas turns things around and is denied a clear penalty right at the death.

Talking Re: A salutary story for the lurkers on here

I'm on there as castle view blue.
    I don't know what I wanted to say about Ryanair mind.

The lone gunman.... What happened to him?

I used to comment on the politics threads but don't anymore as they are a separate board - perhaps it's time to bring them back into the main board?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I went to that game with my two sons (at the time) who were only young and Koumas was absolutely brilliant, in the second half anyway.

I can remember it so clearly for some reason - and he was denied a certain penalty, not that I dwell on things of course........

Quote Originally Posted by Toadstool View Post
    I used to comment on the politics threads but don't anymore as they are a separate board - perhaps it's time to bring them back into the main board?
    No!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Looking at this board, the ratio of posts to views is bonkers. (Sometimes I even wonder if some clever dick is playing with his/her reload button.) There are seemingly loadsa viewers who dip in without making a contribution - which of course is their right.

When Pompey won the Cup Final and had several years in the Premier League, they had a thriving forum: "Fratton Faithful". It was chock-full of posts and banter and debate and humour.

Now Fratton Faithful is a "ghost forum" with hardly any posts whatsoever - despite their club leading League One. (Check out http://boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2590 )

There are several reasons for this including the fact that several of their 'big hitters' deserted the forum for another board.

The suggested lesson is: if you enjoy reading CCMB, consider making a contribution - give, as well as take.
    Maybe everyone has defected to ****?

No, wait......

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Looking at this board, the ratio of posts to views is bonkers. (Sometimes I even wonder if some clever dick is playing with his/her reload button.) There are seemingly loadsa viewers who dip in without making a contribution - which of course is their right.

When Pompey won the Cup Final and had several years in the Premier League, they had a thriving forum: "Fratton Faithful". It was chock-full of posts and banter and debate and humour.

Now Fratton Faithful is a "ghost forum" with hardly any posts whatsoever - despite their club leading League One. (Check out http://boards.footymad.net/forumdisplay.php?f=2590 )

There are several reasons for this including the fact that several of their 'big hitters' deserted the forum for another board.

The suggested lesson is: if you enjoy reading CCMB, consider making a contribution - give, as well as take.
    I lurk because I come here for info these days. I live overseas so can't really comment on games I haven't been to.

I've used this forum since the late 90's.

Facebook has killed many a forum.

Perhaps people who view the board regularly but dont post anything, would be more encouraged to get involved and contribute themselves, if it wasnt for the fact that new posters are invariably attacked and bullied for their views and accused of being 'lurkers' or 'trolls' by the clique of old time posters, who think that this board is run for their own benefit. God forbid if anyone new should want to be positive about the club as well. You need to be a manic depressive or armchair fan/expert to really get the full user experience and be welcomed with open arms.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Perhaps people who view the board regularly but dont post anything, would be more encouraged to get involved and contribute themselves, if it wasnt for the fact that new posters are invariably attacked and bullied for their views and accused of being 'lurkers' or 'trolls' by the clique of old time posters, who think that this board is run for their own benefit. God forbid if anyone new should want to be positive about the club as well. You need to be a manic depressive or armchair fan/expert to really get the full user experience and be welcomed with open arms.
    What if one of those newcomers you talk about wanted to say something negative about the club?

I'm a lurker and proud of it. I used to post a lot more in the days of Croesy and Feedback/Marmite but with the introduction of the politics forum my activity dropped off to a mere spectator. Still a fan of sludge but his anti cat rant was out of order. Enjoying the season so far and love the fact that all the pundits hate us, that is something we should be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dwr View Post
    I'm just a bit shy,that's all.
    + 1

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    What if one of those newcomers you talk about wanted to say something negative about the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    If I recall correctly, we were 2-0 down and being battered. Koumas turns things around and is denied a clear penalty right at the death.
    ...worst decision until bambas'goal'at millwall

Been trying to post for ages via my phone but the bloody Captcha log in thing is always broke according to the page. Just managed to log in via work. Sorry about the delay, will try harder.

The way Splotty of Zion is performing on another planet , the leavers may become remainers .

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    The way Splotty of Zion is performing on another planet , the leavers may become remainers .
    I'm just waiting for the "Big Brother" censorship to make the planet acceptable to advertisers to kick in.....