+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wales v Denmark

Wales v Denmark

Really looking forward to this. My first visit to the CCS since that awful defeat to Ireland last year. Giggs looks like he has a very strong squad to chose from with few injuries. Ben Davies is suspended. It looks like Giggs has the luxury of some difficult decisions to make. I would go with...

GK.Hennessey
    RB Roberts
    CB Mepham
    CB Chester
    LB Dummett
    CDM Ampadu
    CM Allen
    CM Ramsey
    RM Brooks
    LM Wilson although I think Lawrence will get the nod
    ST Bale

Re: Wales v Denmark

dont think you can play Bale as a target man, he needs to be running at players not have is back to goal so I would play Lawrence up front. Wilson missed out.

We don’t have an out and out striker unless you play Tyler Roberts or Sam Vokes. Now it may mean that both Lawrence and Wilson miss out allowing Bale a roaming/wide role with Roberts as striker.

Post Re: Wales v Denmark

Lawrence has to start for me. This would be my team as it has flexibility:

Hennessey

C Roberts Chester Williams Dummett

Ramsey Allen

Wilson Brooks Lawrence

Bale

Whilst also dropping into:
    Hennessey

C Roberts Chester Williams Dummett

Wilson Ramsey Allen

Brooks Bale Lawrence

Ampadu will definately play, you can't have five attack-minded players against Denmark!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Ampadu will definately play, you can't have five attack-minded players against Denmark!
    Wilson and Ramsey are both playing more withdrawn roles for their club side, playing 5 across the midfield means we can be a bit more expansive. Also, it's Denmark not Spain. They're going to sit back and be tough to break down, especially if Eriksen isn't 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He's barely played since the Spain game though

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    He's barely played since the Spain game though
    He was on the bench for Chelsea last week though so he is fit.
    This looks like being a sell out. Should be a cracking atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Wilson and Ramsey are both playing more withdrawn roles for their club side, playing 5 across the midfield means we can be a bit more expansive. Also, it's Denmark not Spain. They're going to sit back and be tough to break down, especially if Eriksen isn't 100%.
    Eriksen has been fit for weeks. We need Ampadu for his distribution as well as his defensive abilities. The first half against Ireland was like watching paint dry with nobody knowing how to play the ball out.

Ampadu is also the player who covers for a full-back if they go forward, which is quite often under Giggs.

Seems to be a lot of expectation on Ampadu already. He was exceptional against Ireland but remember there were impressive displays from Woodburn who has subsequently struggled in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Seems to be a lot of expectation on Ampadu already. He was exceptional against Ireland but remember there were impressive displays from Woodburn who has subsequently struggled in the championship.
    He's a talented lad who can read the game. You can't teach that.

Woodburn isn’t struggling. He just hasn’t had a chance yet. Sheffield Utd have been flying so it’s not easy to break into a winning side.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Woodburn isn’t struggling. He just hasn’t had a chance yet. Sheffield Utd have been flying so it’s not easy to break into a winning side.
    I was going to say something like that.

Bale has picked up an ankle injury. It sounds like he will be ok......

He's our second best player according to some...

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    He's our second best player according to some...
    8th or 9th according to others.

Anyone know how ticket sales are going?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Anyone know how ticket sales are going?
    Virtually sold out.

It's going to be a cracking game, and it can't be any worse than last time when our superstars didn't turn up. Hopefully Osian Roberts and his team have analysed the last game, and we will be a different prospect this time around.

James Chester, Chris Mepham, Neil Taylor, George Thomas and newcomer James Lawrence also sat out the Wales squad's first training session of the week.

Denmark will be without their influential captain Simon Kjaer because of a hamstring injury.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46185695

I'd like to go with 11 Welshmen.

But that's just me

Game officially sold out now. Mepham out injured.

Quote Originally Posted by emjayblue View Post
    Game officially sold out now. Mepham out injured.
    It looks like Ashley Williams will be playing then.