+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wales v Denmark

Re: Wales v Denmark

That was like watching Reading play. Laboured sideways and passes back. No urgency. No pressing. Pointless corners taken short. Too many misdirected headers. Free kicks on the halfway line ending up back with the keeper. Too much overplaying. You can see why Arsenal fans get pissed off with Ramsey

Hennessey. 5. Should have done better for the first goal. In no man’s land
    Roberts. 6. Did ok. Great work ethic
    Williams. 6 Pretty solid
    Chester. 5 Poor passing and should have done better with his header
    Dummett. 5. Ok but done for pace in lead up to injury
    Allen. 6. Poor first half but better in the second period.
    Ramsey. 4 One great backheel otherwise lazy and anonymous
    Lawrence. 4 Should not have started ahead of Wilson. Our moves always broke down when he was involved
    Brooks. 7. Showed pace and composure.
    Bale. 7. Not involved enough but lots of good stuff when he eventually got the ball

Gunter. 6. Solid
    Ampadu. 6 Looked very comfortable and I can assure everybody he is ok as he is currently on Snapchat to my son’s flatmate in Cathays who happens to be a very attractive Swansea girl
    Wilson. 5 Not as involved as I would have hoped.

You can't play a back four, Allen and 5 attackers. Tactical naivety or just arrogance from Giggs? Denmark carved through us with ease and controlled the game as they did in Aarhus

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Is the time right now to build the squad without those players that probably won’t play in the Euros even if we qualify?

Starting XI

Ward
    Davies
    Mepham
    Chester
    Roberts
    Ampadu
    Allen
    Ramsey
    Brooks
    Wilson
    Bale
    Woodburn

Bench

Lawrence
    Rodon
    Smith
    Hennessey
    Dummett
    Lockyer
    We can’t start with 12 players! Take out Woodburn and I would love that team.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    James Chester. Please learn to head the ball.
    Yeah....Ashley will show you

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    We can’t start with 12 players! Take out Woodburn and I would love that team.
    Would it be too churlish to point out that you awarded marks to a starting 10?

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Would it be too churlish to point out that you awarded marks to a starting 10?
    Why? Did we have a striker tonight? I would have given Tyler Roberts 5. Lots of effort but out of his depth.

The atmosphere was mediocre last night. Started off with a crap light show and then the people around us were constantly in and out of their seats for the first 60 minutes. It was like being at the Principality Stadium.

2 games against a street-wise Danish side will hopefully prove worthwhile in the long run for our young players even if performances in these games has been ok not good. Think this sort of challenge will also have meant a lot for Giggs as a manager too.

Positives:
    - Zombie nation lightshow was a nice surprise
    - Brooks in the first half was very effective
    - A number of decent to good chances created to take the lead
    - Gunter gets another cap
    - There are protective players in our team which is needed as much as skillful players
    - Crowd supporting the team and not getting involved with tiny section of Arsenal Welsh fans
    - Bale gets another goal and well taken too
    - Real desire to take a point even when things looked a bit out of reach

Negatives
    - I know Giggs wants our players to express themselves on the ball but not everyone has to try a complicated ball or fancy flick. This is hopefully one thing learnt (when to do it and when not to) from a more experienced Danish side
    - The flare thrown onto the pitch. Need to be better than that please.
    - Any potential injury.

Super-negative:
    - Walking back through town and seeing one fan who had been to the football clearly who couldn't hold their drink and had an aggressive side. I read that Coyote Ugly weren't letting in football fans and this one arsehole could have been used as justification for that decision, although he wasn't wearing anything football related his girlfriend was.

Although it was disappointing I reckon there was more to take from it in a positive light than feel down. Glad we don't have to see Kasper again for a long time though.

I thought Allen was the best player for Wales last night and ended up playing two positions (Ramsey’s as well). How WalesOnline have giving Ramsey a 7 is farcicle.

Brooks was brilliant in the first half, decent in the second and started to run out of ideas.

Bale cropped up when we needed him to but either played far too deep or was playing a wide target man role. He should be doing neither, Giggs is at fault for this.

Lawrence didn’t beat his man more than once or twice, disappointing.

Ramsey was awful, worst I’ve seen him for a long time in a Wales shirt, completely non-existent.

Twitter has informed/reminded me that 25 years ago a Welsh fan lost his life due to a flare. Love them or hate them hopefully the fan who brought it in has read that tweet and is regretting thinking they'd be cwl for one night. It's just not worth it.

I'd drop Williams, he's 34 now and will be nearing 36 by Euro 2020

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    That was the most cynical yellow card I've ever witnessed. Did you notice Bale have a word with him just after telling him to calm the fcuk down.
    It gives me confidence when I see an 18-year old kid standing up for himself after nearly being chopped in half moments early. The young lad looks like a leader, and that is what we need going forward. Yeah, it was cynical, but did you see the challenge on him that only got a yellow?

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    You can't play a back four, Allen and 5 attackers. Tactical naivety or just arrogance from Giggs? Denmark carved through us with ease and controlled the game as they did in Aarhus
    I think the tactics were meant to be shock and awe, as we had to win. A draw wouldn't have been good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I think the tactics were meant to be shock and awe, as we had to win. A draw wouldn't have been good enough.
    To play you need to control the midfield, there's no point playing with 2 (1 really, Ramsey can't play deep) in the middle and 4/5 attackers. They were pushed up against the Danish defence with nobody linking the attack and defence. Allen needed Smith/Ampadu alongside him to screen the back four so Allen could link the defence and attack with Ramsey further forward to do some damage, that was obvious from the first ten minutes

To play you need to control the midfield, there's no point playing with 2 (1 really, Ramsey can't play deep) in the middle and 4/5 attackers. They were pushed up against the Danish defence with nobody linking the attack and defence. Allen needed Smith/Ampadu alongside him to screen the back four so Allen could link the defence and attack with Ramsey further forward to do some damage, that was obvious from the first ten minutes
    That was the lineup I suggested before the match

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    That was the lineup I suggested before the match
    Its the one everyone but Giggs seemed to want, problem is he picks it

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    WalesOnline's player ratings are beyond laughable - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...LXu6VAQutnPcFI

Ramsey excelling?
    I couldn't see the game and had to be content with Radio Wales. They were giving Ramsey dog's abuse towards the end of the game. The live updates in the Gaurdian said the game had "passed him by".

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I couldn't see the game and had to be content with Radio Wales. They were giving Ramsey dog's abuse towards the end of the game. The live updates in the Gaurdian said the game had "passed him by".
    That's no way to treat our 2nd best player!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Without wishing to make excuses for Ramsey as he did not get much of the ball. It seemed painfully obvious to all, bar the person that mattered, that Ramsey was playing too deeply to affect the game like he usually does and we needed him to.

He was picking the ball up from Williams/Chester, after they passed sideways for a while (or until a mispass gave the ball back to the Danes) and had forty yards to get to where he needed to be.

Ampadu could have played his role pushing forward from defence and has shown that he can both defend and pick a pass.
    Why on earth he wasn't used earlier, if not from the start, I don't know.

Williams (good servant but past it) and Chester (bang average) were not good choices and by the time the (forced) change happened, it was too late.

IMO Giggs has to take the blame not Ramsey.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Without wishing to make excuses for Ramsey as he did not get much of the ball. It seemed painfully obvious to all, bar the person that mattered, that Ramsey was playing too deeply to affect the game like he usually does and we needed him to.

He was picking the ball up from Williams/Chester, after they passed sideways for a while (or until a mispass gave the ball back to the Danes) and had forty yards to get to where he needed to be.

Ampadu could have played his role pushing forward from defence and has shown that he can both defend and pick a pass.

Williams (good servant but past it) and Chester (bang average) were not good choices and by the time the (forced) change happened, it was too late.

agree..giggs..like wenger..not knowing his best position

It’s so obvious, why couldn’t Giggs see this? I’m still fecked off about his schoolboy tactics. He’s so caught up with this Man U attack attack philosophy and doesn’t realise that Ferguson actually did things with a bit of nouse that I’m convinced that he should be held largely responsible for the loss.

Even if the world’s best 11 are managed by a novice they could lose against to inferior opposition. Formation and tactics are huge and whilst some might say this is a learning curve for the players, I think it’s just proof that Giggs is not a very intelligent manager. Just cause he was a decent player and has got a job-for-the-boys job, he is still a total novice and is yet to prove himself. I suspect he’ll be found out. Can anyone see him going on to have a job in the PL after leaving Wales ? I can’t.

If we are going to give jobs to people with no experience, I’d prefer someone like Bellamy got the job over Giggs. At least he’s got a bit of personality, and in my opinion, talks a better game.

Also, a draw is potentially good enough. A loss is definitely not. Let’s talk a bit of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Apart from when he came on at Fulham, Ramsey is not influencing games this season and, based on what I've seen, is not doing much to make Arsenal think they are making a mistake in letting him go - being charitable. he is in an awkward position whereby it looks like he has another club lined up and is just winding down gradually with his present team. On Friday, it looked like he was unable to up his game when his country needed him. Yes, he wasn't used in his most effective position, but he, and Joe Allen, were both distinctly second best to their Danish counterparts and we are talking about two players who were in the select team for Euro 2016 there - it's been some time since Ramsey, and to a lesser extent Bale, have been big influences in a Wales game.

I didn’t make it to the game, but watched it on TV. Disappointed for us losing it, but thought it was a decent game, with both sides playing some good stuff.
    All good experience for our younger players.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    I didn’t make it to the game, but watched it on TV. Disappointed for us losing it, but thought it was a decent game, with both sides playing some good stuff.
    All good experience for our younger players.
    Yep, good experience for the forthcoming Euro qualifiers.

A tremendous save by Kasper from a perfectly executed free kick.