+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Wales v Denmark

Re: Wales v Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    It looks like Ashley Williams will be playing then.
    He was absolutely nailed on anyway, I'd have thought. Captain and MOM last time out.

Plus the added benefit it'll piss off G rangetown Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He was absolutely nailed on anyway, I'd have thought. Captain and MOM last time out.

Plus the added benefit it'll piss off G rangetown Blue.
    MOTM

P.S. It should "piss off" every Welsh fan that an English reject captains their National football team.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    MOTM

P.S. It should "piss off" every Welsh fan that an English reject captains their National football team.
    Afterwards, the Wales boss said he was “most proud of” his team’s clean sheet and singled out Williams for praise.

“Outstanding, outstanding,” Giggs said of Williams. “Man of the match by a million miles. I wasn’t happy with the first-half performance — he was the only one, really, who showed the things that I was looking for, winning challenges.

“He was just magnificent, a real captain’s performance. I get asked all the time about the young players coming in — the older, experienced players are just as important and this showed that tonight.

“I said that to the players: ‘They’re the players that you’ve got to look up to.’ He was magnificent. There were a lot of good performances, but his performance stood out.”

Afterwards, the Wales boss said he was “most proud of” his team’s clean sheet and singled out Williams for praise.

“Outstanding, outstanding,” Giggs said of Williams. “Man of the match by a million miles. I wasn’t happy with the first-half performance — he was the only one, really, who showed the things that I was looking for, winning challenges.

“He was just magnificent, a real captain’s performance. I get asked all the time about the young players coming in — the older, experienced players are just as important and this showed that tonight.

“I said that to the players: ‘They’re the players that you’ve got to look up to.’ He was magnificent. There were a lot of good performances, but his performance stood out.”
    Giggs was just doing his job, and bigging up his players.

They'd just played against the worst Ireland team in living memory, who didn't even have a recognised striker in their squad! He still managed not to win a single header, or make any significant tackles, just the usual blocking, holding, and booting the ball away.

Anyway, my major problem with Williams is that he's English, and only plays for Wales because he wasn't wanted by his own country. The fact that he's not very good, not a nice person, and grossly overrated by some, is secondary to me.

Giggs was just doing his job, and bigging up his players.

They'd just played against the worst Ireland team in living memory, who didn't even have a recognised striker in their squad! He still managed not to win a single header, or make any significant tackles, just the usual blocking, holding, and booting the ball away.

Anyway, my major problem with Williams is that he's English, and only plays for Wales because he wasn't wanted by his own country. The fact that he's not very good, not a nice person, and grossly overrated by some, is secondary to me.
    He's as committed to Wales as any player has ever been. It's a shame some of our welsh born players, like James Collins, didn't have his attitude.

I understand that some fans aren't as patriotic as me, and are quite happy for English rejects to play for Wales, as long as they 'turn up' for every game .
    We can be England's 2nds, we might even have more chance of winning something?
    Don't worry about Welshmen not getting caps for their own country, just because they are not as good as some of England's left overs.

Welshmen for Wales.

Name what the current Welsh would be with only players born in Wales!

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto13 View Post
    Name what the current Welsh would be with only players born in Wales!
    Welsh?

Welsh?
    What are your thoughts on Brooks, Vokes, HRK, Ampadu and Mepham?

I understand that some fans aren't as patriotic as me, and are quite happy for English rejects to play for Wales, as long as they 'turn up' for every game .
    We can be England's 2nds, we might even have more chance of winning something?
    Don't worry about Welshmen not getting caps for their own country, just because they are not as good as some of England's left overs.

Welshmen for Wales.
    Oh come off it. I never liked Williams as a player and I agree I felt he was over rated, but you can't doubt the commitment of a player with 82 caps who's never flinched from international duty in the way some Welsh born players have (including your hero James Collins) and who throws his body on the line in each game

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Oh come off it. I never liked Williams as a player and I agree I felt he was over rated, but you can't doubt the commitment of a player with 82 caps who's never flinched from international duty in the way some Welsh born players have (including your hero James Collins) and who throws his body on the line in each game
    James Collins was totally committed to Wales, except when he wasn't.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ja...active&ssui=on

I know, that's what I'm saying

I know, that's what I'm saying
    Yes, it was a joke.

Welsh?
    What are your thoughts on Brooks, Vokes, HRK, Ampadu and Mepham?
    Add the new lad, James Lawrence, to that list.

Someone will have to stop going, or eat a portion of "humble pie"

Welsh?
    Come on Grangetown Blue,name Your Welsh only team?

It would not contain one single Englishman, who isn't good enough for his own country, so plays for us instead, and denies Welsh players a cap for their country.

It's not rocket science.

I understand some people aren't as patriotic as myself, and some would probably be quite happy with an all English team representing Wales. It would be a bit embarrassing though, booing GSTQ, then supporting English players in Welsh shirts.

"Well, they turn up, so it doesn't matter"

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Add the new lad, James Lawrence, to that list.

Someone will have to stop going, or eat a portion of "humble pie"
    Oh, you're back.

We missed missed your wit and repartee

Oh, you're back.

We missed missed your wit and repartee

Rest assured GB, you’ve kept us going🤪🤪🤪

Cummon Wales!

What you all drinking?

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Rest assured GB, you’ve kept us going������
    Thanks. I try my best x

Yes, it was a joke.
    I've wooshed myself here

I've wooshed myself here
    Happens to the best of us!

Anybody want to play today's lineup predictions?