Hennessy

Roberts - Chester - Williams - Dummett

Allen - Ampadu

Brooks - Ramsey - Lawrence

Bale

Re: Wales v Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I know, that's what I'm saying
    Collins was a warrior, played with total commitment, idolised by fans of every club he played for.

Our most experienced PL defender, with twice as many PL goals than any of our other defenders.

Unfortunately he was plagued with injuries, (not helped by his fully committed playing style), and sadly didn't play as many games as he would have liked for both club and country.

If you're alleging he feigned injury to miss Wales games, you are sadly mistaken.

Wales going for it!

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    There's goals in that there side!
    4-1 Wales

Very attacking line-up. Ramsey is basically a CAM, so it's three wingers, a striker, a hole player and a play-maker. 4-1 but just don't know which way.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    Very attacking line-up. Ramsey is basically a CAM, so it's three wingers, a striker, a hole player and a play-maker. 4-1 but just don't know which way.
    Yeah, I am surprised we are starting like this, Denmark like to come forward in numbers. It definately won't be 0-0!

James Chester. Please learn to head the ball.

Ampadu or smith on for t Roberts

Giggs is a loser.

Threw that tournament away.

Lawrence terrible. Can see why he’s still plying his trade in the championship.

Had our chances early before they had even got going but we were wasteful.

I thought going forward we looked decent and if Chester had put one of those fairly simple headers away, they would have been chasing the game and not, as it turned out, us.
    A bit of doubt started to creep in and it was like watching Wales of old in the end, too little too late pumping long balls.

As soon as we went behind Tyler Roberts should have been brought off as the ball just wouldn't stick up top, not even before they scored.

Brooks was excellent and Ampadu too, who should have started instead of Chester. Couldn't understand that one.

Giggs has learnt a harsh lesson tonight.

With that lineup we had to score first. When they scored it became a difficult task, but overall it was another good experience for the younger players. Brooks is really starting to shine, and I thought Ampadu did ok, considering he has only played 45 minutes with the Chelsea U23s since his injury against Spain.

In hindsight, we probably shouldn't have started with Tyler Roberts up front, and I would have liked to have seen Ramsey starting further forward, with another defensive midfielder behind him. Then we had some injuries which limited our substitution options, but overall it was a good game to watch. It's no discrace losing to a very good Danish side, and on another night we might have scored 3 or 4 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

I thought going forward we looked decent and if Chester had put one of those fairly simple headers away, they would have been chasing the game and not, as it turned out, us.
    A bit of doubt started to creep in and it was like watching Wales of old in the end, too little too late pumping long balls.

As soon as we went behind Tyler Roberts should have been brought off as the ball just wouldn't stick up top, not even before they scored.

Brooks was excellent and Ampadu too, who should have started instead of Chester. Couldn't understand that one.

Chester has been playing well so was right to play. Giggs tried something that didn't pay off, but should have changed it and brought on Ampadu for Tyler Roberts to bolster the midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post

Ampadu was short of playing time, but he showed that he can play at centre-half, so a bit of a dilemma there. Kudos for the street justice he dispensed after their centre-forward took him out moments earlier

Ampadu was short of playing time, but he showed that he can play at centre-half, so a bit of a dilemma there. Kudos for the street justice he dispensed after their centre-forward took him out moments earlier
    That was the most cynical yellow card I've ever witnessed. Did you notice Bale have a word with him just after telling him to calm the fcuk down.

At the risk of sounding like a fickle prick ( and hopefully jinxing Giggs into becoming another legendary Wales manager like I did in condemning Coleman early on) I am not feeling confident about RG as manager and hope to **** he doesn't spurn the next opportunity he'll have to help the boys get to the Euros.

That's the problem with these internationals, with so much riding on so few games, you really have to do something very radical in sacking a manager after half a dozen "friendly" games , or stick with the guy and hope for the best. It seems that having a keen sense for when to change the management is even more important with international teams than it is with club teams. A sense , I suspect those in charge of the FAW probably don't have. In fact, has any international association ever changed their manager half way through a campaign ? I can't remember any off the top of my head.

Whilst people will undoubtedly warm to Giggs for his attacking style, I can't help but feel that we have enough talent to do a bit better against Denmark, especially at home, and that being a little bit more balanced is probably the way forward between two such closely matched sides. Giggs' style reminds me somwhat of what Jokanovic did at Fulham. Too attacking and ultimately naive.

We'll see I suppsoe.

Denmark have only lost 1 in 23, and that was on penalties against Croatia in the World Cup. I was glad to see an improved performance over our first encounter in Aarhus. It takes time for a team to gel, and I do believe blooding the youngsters now will pay off in the long term.

Denmark have only lost 1 in 23, and that was on penalties against Croatia in the World Cup. I was glad to see an improved performance over our first encounter in Aarhus. It takes time for a team to gel, and I do believe blooding the youngsters now will pay off in the long term.
    That's one, not true and two, not taking into account that they've also drawn a load of their recent games, with a number of those games coming against unspectacular opposition in Ireland and Australia to name a couple.

If we can take points off Ireland then we should be able to get a draw at home against Denmark..... in theory.

Giggs was at best naive and at worst arrogant.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/denmark/...s/season/2019/

I hope you're right about the gelling thing but in theory all of these lads have come through a similar youth system and the core of the team have played together for a long time now and have had success doing so. You also have to at least entertain the idea that Giggs is either trying to do things that don't suit this team, or is not intelligent enough to know when he has to play a more cautious counter attacking style.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    That's one, not true and two, not taking into account that they've also drawn a load of their recent games, with a number of those games coming against unspectacular opposition in Ireland and Australia to name a couple.

If we can take points off Ireland then we should be able to get a draw at home against Denmark..... in theory.

I hope you're right about the gelling thing but in theory all of these lads have come through a similar youth system and the core of the team have played together for a long time now and have had success doing so. You also have to at least entertain the idea that Giggs is either trying to do things that don't suit this team, or is not intelligent enough to know when he has to play a more cautious counter attacking style.
    He is right about the results because the January fixtures are usually full of domestic based players. Lots of European teams do it - usually from the leagues where their off season is January and February - so the games against Sweden and Jordan don't really count.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

I got the stats from the Sky commentators. Regarding the tactics, they seem to be coming from the assistants, but I did think the starting lineup was a bit optimistic. The problems I see are the lack of a number 9, and Bale and Brooks both like to play down the right. Also Ramsey is wasted playing so deep.

WalesOnline's player ratings are beyond laughable - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...LXu6VAQutnPcFI

Ramsey excelling?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    He is right about the results because the January fixtures are usually full of domestic based players. Lots of European teams do it - usually from the leagues where their off season is January and February - so the games against Sweden and Jordan don't really count.
    Oh, Ok. Did they play a reserve team against Ireland and Australia as well ? Does that mean that the friendlies they won or drew aren't counted either?

.....my point being that Denmark, whilst being a good, effective side, are clearly not world beaters.

Did we think before the game that we could realistically win this ? I think so.

Did we all know that Denmark weren't going to be a push over ? I think so.

.....then why go all out attack as if we were playing against a side we felt we could crush ? It's just nonsense tactics.

It's not even the result that worries me , it's the way he decided to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    WalesOnline's player ratings are beyond laughable - https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...LXu6VAQutnPcFI

Ramsey excelling?
    Hennessy had a shocker, the ball was easy for the first goal and he made a bad decision. Ward has to start against Albania

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Hennessy had a shocker, the ball was easy for the first goal and he made a bad decision. Ward has to start against Albania
    Is the time right now to build the squad without those players that probably won’t play in the Euros even if we qualify?

Starting XI

Ward
    Davies
    Mepham
    Chester
    Roberts
    Ampadu
    Allen
    Ramsey
    Brooks
    Wilson
    Bale