+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wales v Denmark

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Wales v Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Denmark have only lost 1 in 23, and that was on penalties against Croatia in the World Cup. I was glad to see an improved performance over our first encounter in Aarhus. It takes time for a team to gel, and I do believe blooding the youngsters now will pay off in the long term.
    That's one, not true and two, not taking into account that they've also drawn a load of their recent games, with a number of those games coming against unspectacular opposition in Ireland and Australia to name a couple.

If we can take points off Ireland then we should be able to get a draw at home against Denmark..... in theory.

Giggs was at best naive and at worst arrogant.

https://www.11v11.com/teams/denmark/...s/season/2019/

I hope you're right about the gelling thing but in theory all of these lads have come through a similar youth system and the core of the team have played together for a long time now and have had success doing so. You also have to at least entertain the idea that Giggs is either trying to do things that don't suit this team, or is not intelligent enough to know when he has to play a more cautious counter attacking style.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    That's one, not true and two, not taking into account that they've also drawn a load of their recent games, with a number of those games coming against unspectacular opposition in Ireland and Australia to name a couple.

If we can take points off Ireland then we should be able to get a draw at home against Denmark..... in theory.

I hope you're right about the gelling thing but in theory all of these lads have come through a similar youth system and the core of the team have played together for a long time now and have had success doing so. You also have to at least entertain the idea that Giggs is either trying to do things that don't suit this team, or is not intelligent enough to know when he has to play a more cautious counter attacking style.
    He is right about the results because the January fixtures are usually full of domestic based players. Lots of European teams do it - usually from the leagues where their off season is January and February - so the games against Sweden and Jordan don't really count.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    He is right about the results because the January fixtures are usually full of domestic based players. Lots of European teams do it - usually from the leagues where their off season is January and February - so the games against Sweden and Jordan don't really count.
    Oh, Ok. Did they play a reserve team against Ireland and Australia as well ? Does that mean that the friendlies they won or drew aren't counted either?

.....my point being that Denmark, whilst being a good, effective side, are clearly not world beaters.

Did we think before the game that we could realistically win this ? I think so.

Did we all know that Denmark weren't going to be a push over ? I think so.

.....then why go all out attack as if we were playing against a side we felt we could crush ? It's just nonsense tactics.

It's not even the result that worries me , it's the way he decided to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

I got the stats from the Sky commentators. Regarding the tactics, they seem to be coming from the assistants, but I did think the starting lineup was a bit optimistic. The problems I see are the lack of a number 9, and Bale and Brooks both like to play down the right. Also Ramsey is wasted playing so deep.