+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Garth Crooks.

Re: Garth Crooks.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Picks Sol Bamba in his team of the week, but still has to have a dig at us - pompous dickhead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46172478
    I have seen a number of match reports, blogs and messageboard comments that claim our players surrounded and influenced Martin Atkinson after the Stephens 'tackle' on Cunningham. It didn't happen!

I have just re-watched the incident and it is just what I remembered at the time. Gunnar, Ralls and Camerasa are the closest to the ref but none of them are in his face and none of them are remonstrating with him. In fact Gunnar turns away and the other two are 6 feet or more away. The card comes out very quickly based on Atkinson's own (correct) view of what happened.

Paterson definitely gets involved and initiates a scrum of players from both sides pushing and shoving and peacemaking, but that is all directed at Stephens - not the ref. The only time Patto goes near the ref is to receive his telling off and yellow card. However, no doubt the Garth Crooks (and others) version will now become the accepted truth.

Didn’t look to me like our players surrounded the ref, both sets seemed to run toward where the incident happened.

Also the ref seemed to give it very quickly too.

Perhaps ex Spurs player Crooks was having a dig due to Warnock’s comments over Kane.

Also we aren’t a dirty team, only 4 sides have less bookings now.. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City - all of whom dominate games, so don’t really have to foul, and surprisingly , Newcastle who I though were as dirty as anyone down here.

Given we live off scraps of possession I don’t think those stats indicate a dirty team at all.

Crooks comes across as a bit thick if you ask me

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Would love to know what challenges he's on about. Since Man City (last year), where there were a number of bad ones, I can't recall too many that would lead him to make that sort of comment. If anything we have stood off teams this year.

Someone else has pointed to the Arter challenge at Newcastle which wasn't great.
    Ralls v Man City maybe, but that was hardly vicious

No amount of evidence to bad our case matters with these people.
    You hear the same stuff about our so called rough approach churned out time and time again and the problem is that as I said, mud sticks.

If referees, officials and football fans in general keep hearing this stuff over and over, they start believing it.

In a similar but quite different way, the shite that gets talked about how fantastic Liverpool are and have been since time immemorial, even though they have not one a premiership title ever.

A lot of people believe what they are told by these "experts".

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Would love to know what challenges he's on about. Since Man City (last year), where there were a number of bad ones, I can't recall too many that would lead him to make that sort of comment. If anything we have stood off teams this year.

Someone else has pointed to the Arter challenge at Newcastle which wasn't great.
    However it was nothing compared to the blatant violent kick from the Newcastle player in the same game which went unpunished .

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Didn’t look to me like our players surrounded the ref, both sets seemed to run toward where the incident happened.

Also the ref seemed to give it very quickly too.

Perhaps ex Spurs player Crooks was having a dig due to Warnock’s comments over Kane.

Also we aren’t a dirty team, only 4 sides have less bookings now.. Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City - all of whom dominate games, so don’t really have to foul, and surprisingly , Newcastle who I though were as dirty as anyone down here.

Given we live off scraps of possession I don’t think those stats indicate a dirty team at all.

Crooks comes across as a bit thick if you ask me
    Man City are very clever, they dominate possession and aim to win it back quickly if they do lose it but if they lose the ball in a bad position for them they think nothing of committing a foul to stop the play. There is hypocrisy at all clubs - but Crooks really doesn’t have a clue what he’s talking about in this instance as Atkinson produced the red card almost immediately

Danny Kelly said similar last night on his show last night once again , people just seeing what they want to see from a Warnock team.
    I thought Brighton were very physical (and that’s being polite as some might say dirty ) and not sure why they had a problem with the red card , he had lost control of the ball and lunged in ...you can only imagine what they would have been saying had it been the other way around !

Also I would love to see how Morrison kept getting head injuries on Saturday, I think must have had treatment 3 or 4 times before having to go off ?

Glad someone brought this up as thought the same when saw it. If anything we don't foul enough. If only people could be questionned on their comments then everyone could see how ridiculous they are

The epitome of lazy journalism.

Probably not watched us much, sees someone say we are a dirty side and that's it.

I think this season we haven't been anywhere near as physical as we should be.

It's not just the pundits either. Having a read of the Brighton forum before and after was a laugh. How they should be beating the worst Premier league team ever.

Billy Big bollocks Brighton ffs, that scrappy little club we played in every division that played for years in a ground resembling that of Leckwith athletics club.

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Also I would love to see how Morrison kept getting head injuries on Saturday, I think must have had treatment 3 or 4 times before having to go off ?
    He broke his nose!

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    The epitome of lazy journalism.

Probably not watched us much, sees someone say we are a dirty side and that's it.

I think this season we haven't been anywhere near as physical as we should be.

It's not just the pundits either. Having a read of the Brighton forum before and after was a laugh. How they should be beating the worst Premier league team ever.

Billy Big bollocks Brighton ffs, that scrappy little club we played in every division that played for years in a ground resembling that of Leckwith athletics club.
    "Cardiff are a Warnock (I hate that bloke) team, Warnock teams are cloggers, Warnock teams play long ball football and rely on set pieces for their goals, Cardiff spent relatively modestly in the summer on Championship players - all of this means that Cardiff are fair game for a broadcast or online kicking from me when I've not got anything constructive to say about them (i.e. 100 per cent of the time). There, that's all I need to know about Cardiff City, they are obviously not up to Premier League standard and are certs to go down - possibly with a lowest ever points total. All of which means that there's no need for me to actually watch anything involving Cardiff other than goals (we all know that there'll be barely any going in the opposition net) and "controversial" incidents."

Taken from the Garth Crooks book of football punditry 2018/19, which so many "experts" are very well versed in it seems.