+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Garth Crooks.

Garth Crooks.

Picks Sol Bamba in his team of the week, but still has to have a dig at us - pompous dickhead.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46172478

Re: Garth Crooks.

Every single one of us has a better clothing style than him, so I wouldn't worry.

I think he literally doesn’t know what he’s talking about. Complete fool of a man.

It's media rules. You can only praise is if you have a dig after.

What is he on about?!

It's annoying seeing us being hated on by the media and pundits but it'll make it ever so sweeter if we can stay up. That'll really piss them all off. Just picture it.. scummy cardiff survive - love this club !

He is quite simply the worst pundit I have ever seen on TV. Tries to be eloquent and thoughtful, and just comes across as thick as pig shit.
    Think Chris Eubank.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Picks Sol Bamba in his team of the week, but still has to have a dig at us - pompous dickhead.

He said on football focus earlier in the season that Newcastle United could win the Premier League. When his fellow pundits started to laugh he then cane back with.... With the right investment 😀

I like him personally though because of quotes like the aforementioned

What cheek? Is he fecking serious? We’re not allowed to question the ref after a leg breaking tackle and our players have a cheek to not jump out of the way

How come we're getting blamed for that challenge?

Quote Originally Posted by barrybloo View Post
    He is quite simply the worst pundit I have ever seen on TV. Tries to be eloquent and thoughtful, and just comes across as thick as pig shit.
    Think Chris Eubank.
    He's absolutely terrible and talks in clichés.

He never actually asks a question either. He makes a statement then expects the person he's speaking to to respond.

Would love to see the media reaction had Cunningham made the tackle and been sent off. Deserved red probably for the worst tackle ever seen ala Ralls.
    However, Cunningham should’ve known better than to be going for the ball as Stephens flew through the air. How dare he get in the way.

Reading this thread has got me nodding like this.

In fairness his integration of rock and roll elements into the country genre has earned him immense popularity in the United States and he should be at least acknowledged for that.

Dick head indeed. Mud sticks!

Especially contentious given that Brighton have committed more fouls than any other team in the league - and we’ve made the sixth least.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...saison_id/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    He also uses his hands for emphasis, leans into the interviewer for dramatic effect, talks in pauses, very quietly as if he has just solved the meaning of life.
    Grade A Twat.

Given that he references awful tackles where Cardiff players have stayed on the pitch I would presume his reference points are the furore around Bennett on Sane and to a lesser extent Arter against Newcastle. I say that because 1) I can't think of any others and 2) I doubt Crooks would have spent a moment watching us unless we were playing against a Premier League team.

I think there has been some reasonable comment on this board about the amount of time other teams spend ganged up in the faces of referees at certain incidents and we have perhaps overplayed the offended innocents watching our response that got one of our key players needlessly cautioned.

But to judge Crooks by his own standards you would expect this man of principle to call out Chelsea the next time they surround a referee given the horrendous assault that Jorginho committed on Sigurdsson yesterday whilst staying on the pitch should he name any of their players in his team of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by severncity View Post
    Especially contentious given that Brighton have committed more fouls than any other team in the league - and we’ve made the sixth least.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/prem...saison_id/2018
    Interesting that 30% of all of the Red cards this season have been given to sides playing against us.

There are bad pundits then Crooks who is a complete idiot.

Saying that Liam Rosenior after his comments about Cunningham is running him close.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    I don't know how he keeps down his job. He doesn't say anything of value whilst trying to sound profound.

I don't think that anyone listens to this fool.

Everyone knows why he still has a job there despite him being completely irrelevant and laughably stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    I don't know how he keeps down his job. He doesn't say anything of value whilst trying to sound profound.
    You don't know how he keeps his job, despite being utterly useless and irrelevant?

Think about it.......

Would love to know what challenges he's on about. Since Man City (last year), where there were a number of bad ones, I can't recall too many that would lead him to make that sort of comment. If anything we have stood off teams this year.

Someone else has pointed to the Arter challenge at Newcastle which wasn't great.