+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can someone remind me.....

Can someone remind me.....

... what the next step is in the UEFA Nations League. If we win on Friday, what's the next step? Are we in a play off from the other leagues in our group (or groups in our league - not sure which way around it should be).

Re: Can someone remind me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    ... what the next step is in the UEFA Nations League. If we win on Friday, what's the next step? Are we in a play off from the other leagues in our group (or groups in our league - not sure which way around it should be).
    If we win, we're guaranteed a play off spot. If we qualify automatically through normal qualification, we don't need to compete, so it'll go to the next best side. If we lose, we want Denmark to qualify automatically so we can take their place in the playoffs.

I'd say it's almost certain we'll be in a playoff of sorts though as we'll probably get moved up into Group A, as you'd expect all of them to qualify automatically.

If we win, we win our group in League B and will advance to League A for the next draw of the Nations League, guaranteed. As stated, we'll probably be one of the best out of our 12 or so competitors in League B and get a play off spot if we don't get one or qualify automatically through the qualifiers. The system for who gets what is complex, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    If we win, we win our group in League B and will advance to League A for the next draw of the Nations League, guaranteed. As stated, we'll probably be one of the best out of our 12 or so competitors in League B and get a play off spot if we don't get one or qualify automatically through the qualifiers. The system for who gets what is complex, that's for sure.
    Its a bloody rubrik's cube of a tournament ,as far as I see your automatic unless your in a a play off,only if you dont lose, or the other team wins, if you've not beaten them,in a play off , simples.