+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just found the highlights

Just found the highlights

And as far as refereeing decisions are concerned then I’ve already seen a penalty decision we should have had for a high kick right by Patterson’s face and a free kick given after a clean tackle from Ralls puts Patterson clean in on goal. In fairness the Sky commentators picked up on both.
    Etheridge’s save was a odd one, wasn’t that far away from him, but he ended up having to swipe an arm at it

Re: Just found the highlights

Also fair play to Manga he was causing mayhem in the box in that last few minutes... and absolutely NO mention of the offside in the commentary.

Until about 5 minutes later - even then they weren’t sure

They probaly delayed a bit whilst they were searching through their appropriate anti cardiff rhetoric,who else they going to pick on in this land of luvies.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    And as far as refereeing decisions are concerned then I’ve already seen a penalty decision we should have had for a high kick right by Patterson’s face and a free kick given after a clean tackle from Ralls puts Patterson clean in on goal. In fairness the Sky commentators picked up on both.
    Etheridge’s save was a odd one, wasn’t that far away from him, but he ended up having to swipe an arm at it
    Etheridge save was excellent as the ball moved at the last minute

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Etheridge save was excellent as the ball moved at the last minute
    I stand in row T immediately behind where the shot would have gone in and it was a fantastic save.

I reckon he's worth a few million now.

There was a blatant foul on Morrison for the Dunk goal. As Duffy made his run Stephens, just blocked him off. The angle behind the goal shows it clearly. If Dunk had headed the ball across goal or Etheridge's save played it across goal Duffy had a tap in.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    There was a blatant foul on Morrison for the Dunk goal. As Duffy made his run Stephens, just blocked him off. The angle behind the goal shows it clearly. If Dunk had headed the ball across goal or Etheridge's save played it across goal Duffy had a tap in.
    I think that counts as clever play by Stephens and I'd be delighted if our team had done it. Watch Paterson, he's really good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I think that counts as clever play by Stephens and I'd be delighted if our team had done it. Watch Paterson, he's really good at it.
    This
    He doesn’t have to get out of the way and just stands his ground you see a lot of teams doing this but our main aim is to put Morrison deep at the far post hoping he knocks it back across. I was so frustrated on the weekend Morrison was taking a battering with at least 3 men on him if we tried to play someone else in it would force the opposition to respect the other players and give Morrison a better chance when the odd one comes his way. We may as well just tell the opposition “this is where we’re putting the ball ok”

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    This
    He doesn’t have to get out of the way and just stands his ground you see a lot of teams doing this but our main aim is to put Morrison deep at the far post hoping he knocks it back across. I was so frustrated on the weekend Morrison was taking a battering with at least 3 men on him if we tried to play someone else in it would force the opposition to respect the other players and give Morrison a better chance when the odd one comes his way. We may as well just tell the opposition “this is where we’re putting the ball ok”
    I made a similar point about throw ins. Interestingly our goal came from one sent slightly shorter to Manga to head on as Morrison was off !