+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jacks v top 6

Jacks v top 6

Ignoring Leicester and including Spurs during their stint in the top flight the jacks played 84 games against the top 6 and amast 59 points. A stat I came across recently. Only posting it because I'm bored today, wonder what reaction, if any, I get from this.

Re: Jacks v top 6

Amassed, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Ignoring Leicester and including Spurs during their stint in the top flight the jacks played 84 games against the top 6 and amast 59 points. A stat I came across recently. Only posting it because I'm bored today, wonder what reaction, if any, I get from this.
    I'm not surprised. Certainly in their first few seasons, their passing game could give the big boys a run for their money, plus they got a few very good players in as well.

Swansea's problem was not getting enough good results against lower teams in the division.

Relegation form, that.

Is that good or bad?

At what cost to the future of their club?
    Their bubble was always going to burst.

I can't imagine any of the 'Big 6' relished an away game at that dump, in the middle of nowhere, especially in the winter, or a midweek night game.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    I can't imagine any of the 'Big 6' relished an away game at that dump, in the middle of nowhere, especially in the winter, or a midweek night game.
    Mind you, they also had a pretty tidy centre back, an international captain, can't think of his name now....

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Mind you, they also had a pretty tidy centre back, an international captain, can't think of his name now....
    I think I know this one......give me a minute.

Arsenal in particular seem to have a problem with them. There model was never going to be sustainable with 93% of money in going in wages, they always needed to sell, did well for a bit but look at the dross they bought last year.
    Also, saw a stat that in 2016 they amassed a total of 9 points from the first 12 games and ended up on 41.

Our record against the top six in Premier League matches;-

P 17 W 1 D 1 L 15 Pts 4

I make it we're on an eleven match losing run against them at the moment.

Don't think we should be pursuing this one really if we're looking at it from a Cardiff v Swansea viewpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Arsenal in particular seem to have a problem with them. There model was never going to be sustainable with 93% of money in going in wages, they always needed to sell, did well for a bit but look at the dross they bought last year.
    Also, saw a stat that in 2016 they amassed a total of 9 points from the first 12 games and ended up on 41.
    pretty similar to another club from south Wales at the moment then.

I think I know this one......give me a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Our record against the top six in Premier League matches;-

P 17 W 1 D 1 L 15 Pts 4

I make it we're on an eleven match losing run against them at the moment.

Don't think we should be pursuing this one really if we're looking at it from a Cardiff v Swansea viewpoint.
    And that one win was a miracle, how that happened I’m still unsure.......

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    pretty similar to another club from south Wales at the moment then.

Yes and there is no way we will need 40 points to survive this season. Possible not even 30

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes and there is no way we will need 40 points to survive this season. Possible not even 30
    I'd be surprised if 30 was enough to stay up. Yeah several teams aren't amassing points at that sort of rate yet, but the projected totals are always low at this time of year. Usually a few of the teams at the bottom go on some sort of run during the season

59 points from a possible 252. or 0.7 points a game.

I'm surprised, because they seemed to get few good results against top teams.