+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: European Super League - National team impact?

European Super League - National team impact?

I made a comment in the Scottish football thread about Scottish and even Welsh teams possibly joining the English pyramid system but that FIFA politics would likely get in the way.

One of the big obstacles to a British league is the loss of international team identity. If an ESL began I wonder what the implications might be for international football. How is a ESL different from a British Super League in terms of its potential impact on international teams?

Re: European Super League - National team impact?

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    I made a comment in the Scottish football thread about Scottish and even Welsh teams possibly joining the English pyramid system but that FIFA politics would likely get in the way.

One of the big obstacles to a British league is the loss of international team identity. If an ESL began I wonder what the implications might be for international football. How is a ESL different from a British Super League in terms of its potential impact on international teams?
    FIFA have said that if there was a ESL, they could kiss goodbye to playing internationals.