+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cornelius.

Re: Cornelius.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Exactly, he was a teenager, probably away from home for the first time in his life and, apparently, he had kids his own age at the club taking the piss out of him - unless he said to City I'm not signing for you unless you pay me 45 grand a week I don't think I'll be joining in with those who still want to slag him off even after all of this time.
    If this is true its probably the perfect example of how toxic the club was at the time

Was he really just 20 at the time? Tbf, I didn't want to support that version of the club so can't criticise players who either a) didn't want to play for it or b) couldn't handle all the off-the-field nonsense. We could have got more money back from him if Tan hadn't destroyed his reputation publicly.

Think a lot has been made of his price tag but £6-9 million didn't even buy you Mitch then for a striker so while he was in the upper bracket of that it really wasn't that much money, although more than we perhaps could spend on such a gamble. Why didn't we have a RB who could play as a striker a the time?

Went off him after he shot that kid on the dirt bike in the desert in breaking bad.

Let's face it, he came to a club where the owner was in open warfare with the manager and the fans. If he'd succeeded it would have been a miracle. Mr Tan was trying to use his transfer as a means of demonstrating financial skulduggery. If we trawl around the premier league there have been much bigger failures. I, for one, wish the lad every success with his career except if he plays against us on Friday. In which case I hope he falls on his arse and can't hit a barn door from 5 yards out.

Him and his agent must’ve been pissing themselves when we agreed to pay him 40 big uns a week