+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: High Jinks

High Jinks

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...s-out-15408036

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...tclub-15408968

two points here:

1. Wales Online don't allow you to comment on either article.
    2. On the first one the Police say no action as stewards had dealt with it by ejecting fans - that wouldn't happen at football.

Re: High Jinks

He also pointed out that this was unsociable behaviour. Big difference from hooliganism.

Punch someone in the back of the head at rugby is clearly not the same as punching someone in the back of the head at football. One is unsociable and a ticking off is in order the other is violence hooliganism a possible stretch and your job gone.

It's all because Maggie Thatch branded everyone who attends a football match as a hooligan in waiting, but saw nothing wrong with any one else.

Come on, we all know that they were really football fans who just happened to be at a rugby match.

I agree with you. No real fan of our glorious national sport would ever indulge in throwing punches and putting the boot in at a stadium. That type of behaviour is reserved for when they return home as the ambulance service knows only too well.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    I agree with you. No real fan of our glorious national sport would ever indulge in throwing punches and putting the boot in at a stadium. That type of behaviour is reserved for when they return home as the ambulance service knows only too well.

I was in Coyote Ugly with three mates this summer. One of my friends, let’s call him Al, was so hammered that he became quite aggressive towards another of my friends, let’s call him Pete. I stepped in to calm the situation just as Pete, having had enough, pushed Al away, sending him sprawling. The bouncers pounced and immediately booted the pair of them out, leaving me and my remaining friend to ogle the dancing babes. Justice was swift but not entirely fair.

I don’t envy the bouncers at Coyote Ugly as the combination of cheap booze and half a dozen scantily-dressed teenagers jiggling up and down on the bar seems to cause quite a few people to lose control. I’ve seen middle-aged lesbians being kicked out on previous occasions as they were getting too grabby. When combined with the “peace-loving” rugby crowd I’d imagine that the situation within the club would become almost unmanageable. I normally go on a Tuesday when it’s quiet and cheap.

As for the scrap within the stadium that’s clearly affray and a custodial sentence is the normal punishment for such behaviour in that kind of setting.