+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Kadeem Harris.

Kadeem Harris.

Just wondering, how much was he worth in the transfer market at 3 o clock on Saturday afternoon and how much was he worth two hours later? Given he was nominated as Man of the Match in a Premier League game by some, is it possible that his transfer value doubled, or maybe even trebled, over the course of one game?

Re: Kadeem Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Just wondering, how much was he worth in the transfer market at 3 o clock on Saturday afternoon and how much was he worth two hours later? Given he was nominated as Man of the Match in a Premier League game by some, is it possible that his transfer value doubled, or maybe even trebled, over the course of one game?
    I am no valuations expert, but in the absence of any new information in the intervening period between 3pm and 5pm I doubt it moved a great deal. from 12.30pm to 2.30pm possibly...

Depends when his contract is up .if it expires this summer (and he doesn't renew) we won't get a big fee for him this January and nothing at all after that

Transfermarkt is a very poor source of valuation, but for what it's worth they had Kadeem at £315k in August and haven't updated the entry.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/kade...spieler/136501

In August they had Josh Murphy at £7.2m (a month after we paid £12m?), Bobby Reid at £9m, Gunnar at £2.25m, Sol Bamba at £900k, Gary Madine at £4.5m and Callum Paterson at £3.15m. I think most of those values are too low by about a third (except for Gary Madine). A more realistic value for Kadeem would have been £500k-£600k, and that had probably doubled in the real world by the final whistle on Saturday.

Don't you need to have more than one good game every 7 years to be worth millions of pounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Don't you need to have more than one good game every 7 years to be worth millions of pounds?
    Andreas Cornelius seemed to manage it

I'd say Kadeem is worth about 3/ 5 million

Even though he did well in parts on Saturday. I still feel his overall game is far from complete. For each decent cross he puts in he fluffs three or more. He doesn't seem to do all the things well. i.e, brings the ball down well, slip past a player, get to the line and cross doesn't even beat the first man. I would love to see him come good and put in equal and better performances than Saturday. But I am not convinced he can. I hope I am proved wrong.
    Spedger

Quote Originally Posted by Optimistic Nick View Post
    I am no valuations expert, but in the absence of any new information in the intervening period between 3pm and 5pm I doubt it moved a great deal. from 12.30pm to 2.30pm possibly...
    Doh .

People sseem to be talking about how much we could expect to get for him, whereas my question was meant to be along the lines of how much would one good display in the Premier League make for someone whose transfer value beforehand was nowhere near what you would expect it to be for someone who was starting a match at that level - because his va;ue is low, I reckon whatever that value was may have trebled after that game - it may well go down again if he has a run of games and doesn't do much.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo View Post
    Depends when his contract is up .if it expires this summer (and he doesn't renew) we won't get a big fee for him this January and nothing at all after that
    If he turns out to be a star for us this season, he could be the one to save the club millions in buying someone else, that’s for sure.
    Amazing considering he’s been here so long, wouldn’t it be ironic if his contract was up this year and as if by magic he starts performing...

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    If he turns out to be a star for us this season, he could be the one to save the club millions in buying someone else, that’s for sure.
    Amazing considering he’s been here so long, wouldn’t it be ironic if his contract was up this year and as if by magic he starts performing...

It’s up at the end of the season

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...the-bluebirds/

Quite a few 'reports' today that Villa, Leeds, Bolton and possibly an unnamed Premier League club are interested in Kadeem.

A cynic would point to his agent. Expect a new deal to be hammered out soon!

I’d prefer we sold him in January. He has the potential to be really good but doesn’t seem to be able to be consistent enough to make him worth a place.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    People sseem to be talking about how much we could expect to get for him, whereas my question was meant to be along the lines of how much would one good display in the Premier League make for someone whose transfer value beforehand was nowhere near what you would expect it to be for someone who was starting a match at that level - because his va;ue is low, I reckon whatever that value was may have trebled after that game - it may well go down again if he has a run of games and doesn't do much.
    I suppose it depends on coverage.He was bigged up by a lot of tv pundits and I read this morning that Villa and Leeds are sniffing because his contract is up in the summer.Certainly would be worth selling if we can get a nice fee in jan.

Quote Originally Posted by Penarth Blues View Post
    I’d prefer we sold him in January. He has the potential to be really good but doesn’t seem to be able to be consistent enough to make him worth a place.
    I don't think that is really fair on him. He broke into the First Team (again) at the end of the 16-17 season, then had a serious ankle injury in the summer that ruled him out in 17-18 until the New Year - but by then he had NML, Junior etc in front of him and no way back into the side. If, as reported, he considered a move away in the summer in search of First Team football, but decided to stay and fight for a start, and then forced his way into Warnock's thinking because of his performances in training and positive attitude, then he has done everything you could ask of him.

I don't think there is much evidence that he is injury prone (that one serious ankle injury apart), and I don't remember him being inconsistent, or turning it on until he got a new contract then fading away. I may be wrong on one or both of those points (memory not what it was) but I don't think so. I like Kadeem - always have - and think he should get a new contract asap, but I will accept that he hasn't got a lot of First Team appearances behind him to prove his worth beyond doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I don't think that is really fair on him. He broke into the First Team (again) at the end of the 16-17 season, then had a serious ankle injury in the summer that ruled him out in 17-18 until the New Year - but by then he had NML, Junior etc in front of him and no way back into the side. If, as reported, he considered a move away in the summer in search of First Team football, but decided to stay and fight for a start, and then forced his way into Warnock's thinking because of his performances in training and positive attitude, then he has done everything you could ask of him.

I don't think there is much evidence that he is injury prone (that one serious ankle injury apart), and I don't remember him being inconsistent, or turning it on until he got a new contract then fading away. I may be wrong on one or both of those points (memory not what it was) but I don't think so. I like Kadeem - always have - and think he should get a new contract asap, but I will accept that he hasn't got a lot of First Team appearances behind him to prove his worth beyond doubt.
    I’m probably being a bit harsh but watching him on the weekend he looked like a different player to the Kadeem I’m used to seeing play. He does have form for making that extra effort when contract time is nearly up in my book. There’s a reason we’ve barely seen him in all the years he’s been here and it’s not just injuries.

And as if by magic, WOL are reporting that Leeds, Villa and Bolton are interested. However, they note that it would be in the summer, when he would be available on a free.

To be fair he's never really had a settled run in the team

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    To be fair he's never really had a settled run in the team
    No he hasn’t. Some players do enough to keep their places or regain them. I believe he needs to do something outstanding on every appearance to keep his. And only then can we fully judge him.

Like many fans I am yet to be convinced.

I think we would sell him for £2-3 mill.