+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fulham manager sacked

Re: Fulham manager sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    That's twice Jokanovic has taken a team into the Premier League only to get sacked almost immediately.
    I get the feeling that Jokanovic didn't get much of a say in the players that were bought in. Seems like the owners son interferes to a far greater extent than Tan ever did with us:

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8634031.html

It'll be interesting to see whether Ranieri's methods work with the Fulham players. I think they will as he'll make them compact and look for the pace of Sessegnon and others to counter-attack as he did with Leicester. He's essentially going to do a Warnock with them I reckon - but theirs will of course be considered and intelligent play, unlike the thugs from Cardiff...

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I like Ranieri but he really isn’t a manager you want in a relegation scrap. Give me a Warnock over a Ranieri when you need to scrap for every point.
    ^^^this (mostly)
    He has quite a bit of time to get it right at Fulham though and I see them being clear of the relegation scrap when it matters. I hope i am wrong as we need as obvs more teams struggling better for us.
    Glad we've already got our three points in the bag.

Unless Fulham improve I can see some of their better players being picked off in the transfer window. They have some players that would appeal to the rich clubs who could afford to offer good contracts and security within the league.There is no such thing as loyalty in this game these days. So as oppose to buying more expensive players they would do well to hold on to what they got.
    As Much as we all like Ranieri I am not convinced he is the one to turn them around .I would be more concerned if Allaydyce got the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I would agree with that. Even in the Championship, teams that put pressure on them often got their rewards. The problem was that, at that level, Fulham played most teams off the park in the second half of the season, so their defence was not always tested to its fullest, and by players of a different level to the ones we're seeing now.
    Agree with both of you, but I’m still slightly surprised at how bad they’ve started. Don’t think they’ll go back down though.

Just think our Neil was going to be the first to go

He'll do well there. Fulham now have a lot of similarities as Leicester then. I wouldn't be surprised if they're well out of the relegation zone by the end of January.

I hope not though, for two reasons:

1. They're relegation rivals.
    2. Their posh young fans performed after a few pints on Sloper Road and changed my opinion on Fulham forever.

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Isn't it as simple as their defence?

Jokanovic spent £100 million in the summer on a side that currently has the worst defence in any of the major European leagues. They've looked badly disorganised whenever I've seen them. The goals conceded are bound to drain the confidence of the rest of the team.
    Fair point.
    I sometimes stare into things way too much and overlook the obvious

And as others have noted their defense was not their strong point. Even so, you’d think the Jakanovic chappy would know that after all he used to see them training every day

It’s a sad day when your manager goes, so very sad when one of our better managers in my life time goes, behind sir Roy and Tigana,
    Sadly the club is run by the chairman son, who based on stats bought all the players apart from mitrovic, it will be interesting to see when come January when C.R wants a player and khan junior says, sorry stats don’t add up, so in Fulham supporters minds, Jokanovic is only partially to blame, I will tell you in May if C.R is a success. Its days like this that I don’t like football, but something had to change

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    It’s a sad day when your manager goes, so very sad when one of our better managers in my life time goes, behind sir Roy and Tigana,
    Sadly the club is run by the chairman son, who based on stats bought all the players apart from mitrovic, it will be interesting to see when come January when C.R wants a player and khan junior says, sorry stats don’t add up, so in Fulham supporters minds, Jokanovic is only partially to blame, I will tell you in May if C.R is a success. Its days like this that I don’t like football, but something had to change
    The kiddy fiddler’s statue was in with a shout apparently🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Fulham traveller View Post
    I mentioned Khan Jr's role in this season further up the thread. It'll be interesting to see whether Ranieri can make better use of the materials he has to work with but it did seem that Jokanovic had lost it in the game vs Huddersfield. I actually thought that the change in formation vs Lpool looked like it might offer a way forward but clearly too little too late.

I reckon that they need a complete change of personnel if they want to carry on trying to play the way that they played in the Championship. 99% of the Premiership will outfootball them due to having better players. Obviously that isn’t going to happen in the January window so Ranieri needs to take a different approach but can Fulham’s players go down a completely different road than they’ve been used to? Hopefully not, they carry on trying to look pretty and get picked off at will. Have they got the players to alter their style though is another question, big job for Ranieri.

A good start for Ranieri.

He couldn't have had an easier start

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Yes, this gives me great optimism for Dec 8th.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Better team were Southampton, we were just very clinical