+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fulham manager sacked

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fulham manager sacked

They have good players, if ranieri gets them playing well this isn't good news for us. But let's wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They have good players, if ranieri gets them playing well this isn't good news for us. But let's wait and see.
    This. I previously saw this as a four team scrap for 17th place between City, Huddersfield, Southampton and Fulham.

Depending on how he hits the ground, that might well be reduced to a 3 team non-scrap.

I think it's fair to say that Fulham have a team that under the right manager could be perform better. And I think that Ranieri will have the chops to get this team performing well enough to avoid the drop. They now have a team with some great players and a very good manager. You'd have to say their chances have improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    This. I previously saw this as a four team scrap for 17th place between City, Huddersfield, Southampton and Fulham.

Depending on how he hits the ground, that might well be reduced to a 3 team non-scrap.

I think it's fair to say that Fulham have a team that under the right manager could be perform better. And I think that Ranieri will have the chops to get this team performing well enough to avoid the drop. They now have a team with some great players and a very good manager. You'd have to say their chances have improved.
    It could also be added that in Ranieri's second season at Leicester, they looked absolutely awful and he was bereft of ideas on how to fix things. Something went wrong there, almost as quickly as things had clicked beautifully the season before. Some blame the players, but whatever went wrong, Ranieri didn't sort it out and he paid for it with his job.

He used to like tinkering around with the team when things weren't working. That's not what Fulham need at the moment.

There's the potential for this to go quite badly.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    It could also be added that in Ranieri's second season at Leicester, they looked absolutely awful and he was bereft of ideas on how to fix things. Something went wrong there, almost as quickly as things had clicked beautifully the season before. Some blame the players, but whatever went wrong, Ranieri didn't sort it out and he paid for it with his job.

He used to like tinkering around with the team when things weren't working. That's not what Fulham need at the moment.

There's the potential for this to go quite badly.
    You could also say that the groundwork for the title winning team wasn't undertaken by Ranieri, but by Pearson, they flew in the second half of the previous season.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post

I'd add Burnley to that list

Fulham will improve under Ranieri

If they beat Southampton in their next game that could mean the end of Hughes which could mean a new manager bounce there as well