Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
The whole thing is absolutely obscene. Any club that pays up is only demonstrating how disconnected they are from the real world, and it’s hugely disappointing to see our club in that category. If the guy wants a ‘gift’, spend the money on football facilities for local communities and let him lap up the goodwill from that. The guy has earned £2.5m per year at least. That’s disgraceful enough without a two-years’ salary golden goodbye.

Also, Pedro, I don’t understand your point at all. If the club refused to put up £250k, why would other clubs demand more money?
I think that there may be bad will/ill feeling between us and other clubs if we didn't pay. I don't want us to pay it but I can see why they are. Oh, Cardiff aren't so bad etc etc. Scudamore has enough money, and can sod off as far as I'm concerned but I sympathise with the club to a degree. In an ideal world, I would prefer them to tell him to go swivel and spend it on pitches in Cardiff/South Wales etc. I agree with you but I can just about see why the club has done it. Just.