+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Club happy to line Scudamore’s pockets

Club happy to line Scudamore’s pockets

https://bbc.in/2DDHnOL

What a disgrace. Think what good that money could do if it were gifted to good causes in Cardiff instead of going to line that already Rich bastard’s pockets.

Re: Club happy to line Scudamore’s pockets

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    https://bbc.in/2DDHnOL

What a disgrace. Think what good that money could do if it were gifted to good causes in Cardiff instead of going to line that already Rich bastard’s pockets.
    Club is packed into a corner in some ways, if they don't do it, other PL clubs could make life difficult for them. While I definitely don't agree that Scudamore needs a golden handshake I have some sympathy for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Club is packed into a corner in some ways, if they don't do it, other PL clubs could make life difficult for them. While I definitely don't agree that Scudamore needs a golden handshake I have some sympathy for the club.
    Why would they make life difficult? Both Wolves and Fulham have expressed their opposition to their idea.

Clubs that have been in The Premier League for the duration or near duration of Scudamore's existence could justifiably contribute but clubs such as Cardiff City who have been in the league for only 2 years of his reign shouldn't be required to contribute anything like the full amount.

Why would they make life difficult? Both Wolves and Fulham have expressed their opposition to their idea.
    They could say, well you saved £250k, you can pay extra for him etc? People are petty, people with lots of money can be extremely petty. I don't agree with it but I understand why they've done it. Tan doesn't make a habit of giving money away, he's still bleating about Cornelius.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    Clubs that have been in The Premier League for the duration or near duration of Scudamore's existence could justifiably contribute but clubs such as Cardiff City who have been in the league for only 2 years of his reign shouldn't be required to contribute anything like the full amount.
    Yes, we do this in work. If someone is leaving, we have a collection, and everyone is expected to pay £1 for every year you've worked with the person who is leaving. So new people at work only pay a couple of quid while those who've been here a while could end up putting in £30.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Yes, we do this in work. If someone is leaving, we have a collection, and everyone is expected to pay £1 for every year you've worked with the person who is leaving. So new people at work only pay a couple of quid while those who've been here a while could end up putting in £30.
    This is a total lie of course.

The whole thing is absolutely obscene. Any club that pays up is only demonstrating how disconnected they are from the real world, and it’s hugely disappointing to see our club in that category. If the guy wants a ‘gift’, spend the money on football facilities for local communities and let him lap up the goodwill from that. The guy has earned £2.5m per year at least. That’s disgraceful enough without a two-years’ salary golden goodbye.

Also, Pedro, I don’t understand your point at all. If the club refused to put up £250k, why would other clubs demand more money?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Fair enough when you earn a normal wage. But how often do you club together and gift the person two years’ salary?!

It's a fair point. We were championship for most of his tenure and his job was to expand the gap between us and his clubs.

The whole thing is absolutely obscene. Any club that pays up is only demonstrating how disconnected they are from the real world, and it’s hugely disappointing to see our club in that category. If the guy wants a ‘gift’, spend the money on football facilities for local communities and let him lap up the goodwill from that. The guy has earned £2.5m per year at least. That’s disgraceful enough without a two-years’ salary golden goodbye.

Also, Pedro, I don’t understand your point at all. If the club refused to put up £250k, why would other clubs demand more money?
    I think that there may be bad will/ill feeling between us and other clubs if we didn't pay. I don't want us to pay it but I can see why they are. Oh, Cardiff aren't so bad etc etc. Scudamore has enough money, and can sod off as far as I'm concerned but I sympathise with the club to a degree. In an ideal world, I would prefer them to tell him to go swivel and spend it on pitches in Cardiff/South Wales etc. I agree with you but I can just about see why the club has done it. Just.

I wouldn’t give anything to that greedy ****. Donate £250k to charity in his honour if you’re that desperate to do it.

Scudamore apparently earns £2.5 million a year. I'm assuming he has set himself up with a reasonable pension. The notion of him getting an additional £5 million golden handshake from the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Burnley, etc, is ridiculous. The guy is 59. I'm presuming he won't need to work until he's 66 or 67 in order to pay his bills, unlike the majority of the fans in the Premier League stands.

Sadly, going on Ken Choo’s quotes it seems less like the club is motivated by fear of what other Premier League clubs will do, and more by the ridiculous notion that’s Scudamore deserves a £5m bonus.

“He [Scudamore] has done a great job," said Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo.

Speaking to BBC Sport Wales, Choo added: "He has moved the Premier League on to another level, and he has allowed someone new [his successor, Susanna Dinnage] to take it further now.

"He deserves the recognition."

Sadly, going on Ken Choo’s quotes it seems less like the club is motivated by fear of what other Premier League clubs will do, and more by the ridiculous notion that’s Scudamore deserves a £5m bonus.

“He [Scudamore] has done a great job," said Cardiff chief executive Ken Choo.

Speaking to BBC Sport Wales, Choo added: "He has moved the Premier League on to another level, and he has allowed someone new [his successor, Susanna Dinnage] to take it further now.

"He deserves the recognition."
    Well, he's not going to say, we had to pay because everyone else is. The whole thing is absolutely ridiculous and that Wurzel should have enough money to retire without any worries, and easily get another few NED roles, earn a very comfy salary to turn up to a few meetings a year.

Bigger waste of money than Cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I wouldn’t give anything to that greedy ****. Donate £250k to charity in his honour if you’re that desperate to do it.

If the club add £10 onto everyones season ticket next year they will soon make the money back.

Didn't he make some comment about the premier league being better when having bigger clubs and not like Swansea and/or Cardiff the first time round? He definitely had something to say about us back then.

It would be ridiculous to go ahead with this. Do all clubs pay the real living wage currently? Does the premier league contribute enough towards grass routes football? Is this where those ridiculous "severely limited view" ticket prices for Liverpool go? Which of the numerous reasons would you like?

Absolutely stinks - Tony Rivers made a good point on Twitter - money could go to local junior football clubs and improve training pitches etc

The notion, not just the sum, is obscene.
    Has this made headline news yet?
    If it hasn't then it damn well should.

Behaviour like this, as we see with silly pay offs for chief execs and the like, is fast becoming the norm and it seems that many people don't even bat an eyelid.

#feckinseething

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    The notion, not just the sum, is obscene.
    Has this made headline news yet?
    If it hasn't then it damn well should.

Behaviour like this, as we see with silly pay offs for chief execs and the like, is fast becoming the norm and it seems that many people don't even bat an eyelid.

#feckinseething
    Well said, it encapsulates so much that is wrong with this country.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Scudamore apparently earns £2.5 million a year. I'm assuming he has set himself up with a reasonable pension. The notion of him getting an additional £5 million golden handshake from the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Burnley, etc, is ridiculous. The guy is 59. I'm presuming he won't need to work until he's 66 or 67 in order to pay his bills, unlike the majority of the fans in the Premier League stands.
    So so true.

Obscene, just like the whole PL. What about Raheem Sterling getting £300k a week?

Scudamore should decline the offer. If he has any sort of conscience.