+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Club happy to line Scudamore’s pockets

Re: Club happy to line Scudamore’s pockets

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    Obscene, just like the whole PL. What about Raheem Sterling getting £300k a week?
    What about it? He’s one of the best players in the world currently and getting better all the time.

It goes without no exaggeration from myself that this is far worse than the rebrand. ****ing disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    It goes without no exaggeration from myself that this is far worse than the rebrand. ****ing disgusting.
    Oh come on it’s nowhere near as bad as the rebrand

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Scudamore apparently earns £2.5 million a year. I'm assuming he has set himself up with a reasonable pension. The notion of him getting an additional £5 million golden handshake from the likes of Cardiff, Huddersfield, Burnley, etc, is ridiculous. The guy is 59. I'm presuming he won't need to work until he's 66 or 67 in order to pay his bills, unlike the majority of the fans in the Premier League stands.
    Dead right.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Oh come on it’s nowhere near as bad as the rebrand
    Thing is, not to start a riot, with the rebrand, I always thought eventually we'd go back to blue. This however, you don't get to take back the £250,000. The club should tell them to **** off, instead we're bending over to impress the big boys.

Obscene, just like the whole PL. What about Raheem Sterling getting £300k a week?
    Totally different. He's a player, and a very good one who is a regular for the best team and made a massive contribution to them winning the title. No comparison whatsoever.

Top player earning lots of money from revenue he brings in, what’s wrong with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Thing is, not to start a riot, with the rebrand, I always thought eventually we'd go back to blue. This however, you don't get to take back the £250,000. The club should tell them to **** off, instead we're bending over to impress the big boys.
    Come off it. It ruined 3 seasons of football for me. We're getting £100m directly because of Scudamore. I don't agree with it at all but I'm not going to stop going to games because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomm View Post
    Fair enough when you earn a normal wage. But how often do you club together and gift the person two years’ salary?!
    I think that he earns rather more than that!

Firstly I can’t see why the club felt a need to comment publicly - I felt embarrassed when I saw that the club would be prepared to contribute - and secondly, it feels like a huge misjudgement to even suggest that a man already extremely wealthy, should deserve another bonus funded in the strangest of manners.

The money has to to go to a good cause now, surely?

Meh what's 250k when looking at what we make from being in the league.

Would I prefer it to go to a good cause than for a wealthy man's parting gift, of course I would.

Would the money go to a good cause if we weren't paying our share of said parting gift, of course it wouldn't.

That's not to say the club don't contribute to good causes BTW.

I'm not sure why City and other clubs like us would give anything since the whole thing is set up for the big clubs to get the most out of it year in year out. I just hope Scudamore shares it with his staff since he didn't do all the work himself.

16 out of 20 Premier league teams still refusing to pay their staff the recommended living wage which is around 1 pound an hour more than minimum pay, yet they can all find an extra £250,000 each as thankyou gift for a man who earns £2.5 million a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    16 out of 20 Premier league teams still refusing to pay their staff the recommended living wage which is around 1 pound an hour more than minimum pay, yet they can all find an extra £250,000 each as thankyou gift for a man who earns £2.5 million a year.
    There you have it summed up - football absolutely stinks at times, it must be a truly fantastic game for me to love it as much as I do.

First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie Andy View Post
    The bonus/ golden goodbye seems almost normal when compared to the obscene amounts of money in the Premiership so I will leave that aspect alone.
    However, what is wrong and utterly unjustifiable is, if true,the failure to pay the living wage.
    Shame on those clubs .

Meanwhile.........

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/11/15/championship-clubs-rebel-against-590m-tv-deal-sky-anxiety-grows/?WT.mc_id=tmg_share_em

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Oh good. The disparity between the Prem and the rest is bad enough but we need to be very, very careful if we alienate the lower leagues. That's what makes the pyramid special, nowhere else in the world is like it.