+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why Cardiff should make a swoop for Ramsey - Nathan Blake

Why Cardiff should make a swoop for Ramsey - Nathan Blake

He's a lot better than anyone we've got?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-15415336

I'd love to see him back but I can't see it happening but I don't think anyone needs to explain why we should want him back!

Re: Why Cardiff should make a swoop for Ramsey - Nathan Blake

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He's a lot better than anyone we've got?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...nsfer-15415336

I'd love to see him back but I can't see it happening but I don't think anyone needs to explain why we should want him back!
    It's one of the most ridiculous articles i have ever read, i couldn't finish the piece because it was so stupid.

Why would the player, who was looking to move into the top bracket of earners at Arsenal, and would have a few top level European clubs looking at him even consider a move to Cardiff.

A newspaper job is to make interesting articles so people read them

I'm sure this article is just to make people who read papers think yes its bloody outlandish but its a good idea.

In short - its not happening but Blakey has managed to fill in a few column inches which is what his job is

Tomorrow I believe he is writing a piece on why Wales should host the World Cup - its a good idea, its bloody outlandish and its never going to happen but it'll fill in a few blank spaces in the paper

I'm hoping he'll do one on why Kelly Brook should have a one night stand with me without my Mrs ever knowing.

Keep up the good work

Because if he refuses to be transferred until his contract is up, he will get a massive signing on fee as the club he goes to would not have to pay a transfer fee, not going to happen him coming to us, but it is not a stupid article!

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post
    It's one of the most ridiculous articles i have ever read, i couldn't finish the piece because it was so stupid.

Why would the player, who was looking to move into the top bracket of earners at Arsenal, and would have a few top level European clubs looking at him even consider a move to Cardiff.
    Wales Online are on a roll today, I don't know why anybody gives them the time of day. First they go all paparazzi on Jason Koumas, and now this shite!

Ridiculous. And I'm not even sure it would even do that much good. We need a goalscorer.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Ridiculous. And I'm not even sure it would even do that much good. We need a goalscorer.
    Have we missed that many chances ? I agree we need a more prolific striker and one who can make the right rubs etc. However we need to be more creative also.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Have we missed that many chances ? I agree we need a more prolific striker and one who can make the right rubs etc. However we need to be more creative also.
    Agreed. Signing someone to break the lines and create chances would be great. With Arter, Camarasa and Ramsey in the team, we might actually be able to pass the ball around in midfield on a more regular basis.

Agreed. Signing someone to break the lines and create chances would be great. With Arter, Camarasa and Ramsey in the team, we might actually be able to pass the ball around in midfield on a more regular basis.

The title is the most ridiculous thing I’ve seen for a long time, he’s going to Juventus or similar sized club, Man ure would be a good move for him I don’t see Jose lasting much longer there

Quote Originally Posted by qccfc View Post

Yes he is leaving as they agreed to pay ozil 300 k a week but not him. He will get 200k somewhere for sure, only about 4 times what we can afford.

Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Yes he is leaving as they agreed to pay ozil 300 k a week but not him. He will get 200k somewhere for sure, only about 4 times what we can afford.
    However, if we pay him a £31.2M signing on fee and £50k/pw then that's the same amount over 4 years...

Not sure we're in the market for spending £31.2M on one player but the sums are not outrageous in Premiership terms.

The main problem, as noted by others, would be that he's not going to come here and struggle when he could be going somewhere and winning trophies potentially.

If we were ever to sign him, we'd be Ramsey FC and it would be just as bad as playing in Red in my opinion. If he truly wanted to play for us, he never would have left.

He's a cracking player, but signing him would be sad for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    If we were ever to sign him, we'd be Ramsey FC and it would be just as bad as playing in Red in my opinion. If he truly wanted to play for us, he never would have left.

He's a cracking player, but signing him would be sad for both parties.
    come on bill you’re telling me you wouldn’t sign Ronaldo because he would be bigger than the club

This is the funniest thread ever. Ramsey didn't sign a new contract because he is looking for a mammoth payday via a signing-on fee. Ledley has advised him well. Ramsey is at his peak, so I would expect to see a bidding war amongst a few bit hitters, with Cardiff playing no part at all!

I would have thought there was a very slim possibility of him coming here in January on loan if Arsenal showed any inclination to let him go somewhere else for the last few months of his contract, but why would they do that? As for any permanent move, absolutely no chance at this stage in his career - at the end of his next contract perhaps, but no way at the stage of his career when he should be at his peak.

Its not happening

What a feeling to help your doomed local club that you played for as a kid and keep them up

we are in the prem league, lets go for it, nothing worse than going out as that dog sat in the corner whimpering

Its only money ffs

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    What a feeling to help your doomed local club that you played for as a kid and keep them up

we are in the prem league, lets go for it, nothing worse than going out as that dog sat in the corner whimpering

Its only money ffs
    Yeah look at Jack Wilshere, strength to strength since he went on loan to Bournemouth from Arsenal.

Off to Bayern, apparently. Great move for him.

Off to Bayern, apparently. Great move for him.
    So not Cardiff then? I'm shocked, I was totally looking forward to seeing Arter, Camarasa and Ramsey in midfield

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    So not Cardiff then?
    No. Literally nobody on this thread has said that was a realistic possibility.

Yeah, Ramsey's through balls would be devastating. I hope you are right, and he signs for us

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Yeah, Ramsey's through balls would be devastating. I hope you are right, and he signs for us
    That was debating the merits of him signing for us. It would be good. I'd love him back. I think we need a midfielder just as much, if not more than a striker. I've also said Ramsey isn't going to happen in the first post on the entire thread.

I would have liked to have seen him at Juventus, but at least Bayern is an improvement over Arsenal.