+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bitcoin Getting Battered

Bitcoin Getting Battered

Bitcoin currently down 11% today, Ethereum down 14% and Litecoin's off by 15%. https://www.worldcoinindex.com/

A time to buy, or sell and run for the hills?

Re: Bitcoin Getting Battered

Five days later... it appears it was time to sell as Bitcoin is 8% lower right now at a price of $5,100 (£4,000). From a high approaching $20,000 in December 2017 its lost 70%. As badly as it has performed, in percentage terms it has held up better than all the other well known ones.

Hours is a long time in the crypto world. Bitcoin now minus 14% on the day and solidly below $5,000.

Just to let you know that no one cares about bitcoin updates. If they do, they'll be finding the information elsewhere and not checking ccmb for your posts.

No malice intended, just saving you some time.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Just to let you know that no one cares about bitcoin updates. If they do, they'll be finding the information elsewhere and not checking ccmb for your posts.

That's where you are wrong, I follow the Bitcoin price fluctuations with interest, and I like to hear when there has been significant movement in the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Five days later... it appears it was time to sell as Bitcoin is 8% lower right now at a price of $5,100 (£4,000). From a high approaching $20,000 in December 2017 its lost 70%. As badly as it has performed, in percentage terms it has held up better than all the other well known ones.

I'm confused. Do the anti-globalists love it as an alternative to the Rothchild/Bilderberg dominated central bank currencies or is it a globalist plot to create the one world currency designed by George Soros?

https://www.infowars.com/is-bitcoin-...orld-currency/

The consensus here amongst Mrs Steve R, Wales Bales and I (AKA the elders, or message board Illuminati) is that cryptocoins were created to condition the world to blockchain technology before making them increasingly volatile then worthless due to their decentralised nature and lack of oversight by governments and their central banks to then introduce their officially sanctioned coins which would have the same utility as digital pounds, dollars, etc, do today, but not until after the world's financial systems implode and the resulting despair creates a demand for a fix, any fix. It's the old problem, reaction, solution play. Of course, physical money will not exist in their New World Order.

The consensus here amongst Mrs Steve R, Wales Bales and I (AKA the elders, or message board Illuminati) is that cryptocoins were created to condition the world to blockchain technology before making them increasingly volatile then worthless due to their decentralised nature and lack of oversight by governments and their central banks to then introduce their officially sanctioned coins which would have the same utility as digital pounds, dollars, etc, do today, but not until after the world's financial systems implode and the resulting despair creates a demand for a fix, any fix. It's the old problem, reaction, solution play. Of course, physical money will not exist in their New World Order.
    But I thought that the world's financial systems and the central banks were owned and managed on behalf of those dastardly Rothchilds. Destroying their own wealth creating and power manipulating machines to create new ones is cunning indeed!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I'm confused. Do the anti-globalists love it as an alternative to the Rothchild/Bilderberg dominated central bank currencies or is it a globalist plot to create the one world currency designed by George Soros?

https://www.infowars.com/is-bitcoin-...orld-currency/
    Reading infowars now?

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post

How can you speak on behalf of hundreds, if not thousands, of other people you don't know? I think that the posts about crypto-currencies more interesting than many other threads on the message board even though I know little about the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    But I thought that the world's financial systems and the central banks were owned and managed on behalf of those dastardly Rothchilds. Destroying their own wealth creating and power manipulating machines to create new ones is cunning indeed!
    You make a good point, Cyril, why destroy a system you already own? It would only make sense if the owners would be positive that they'd retain control of a new replacement system in which their power and control would be greatly enhanced.

The signs of a looming economic downturn are plain to see at the moment due to rising interest rates in the USA and the Fed's policy of quantitative tightening along with trade wars through imposing tariffs and other sanctions. The price of oil and copper are proven indicators of recessions ahead. Oil's down around 28% over the past six weeks and copper's been thumped too. The world's stock markets, the shop window for many who view an economy's health, are also cracking. Property prices in the USA, here and elsewhere are also showing signs of strain. Is the 'everything bubble' about to pop?

You make a good point, Cyril, why destroy a system you already own? It would only make sense if the owners would be positive that they'd retain control of a new replacement system in which their power and control would be greatly enhanced.

The signs of a looming economic downturn are plain to see at the moment due to rising interest rates in the USA and the Fed's policy of quantitative tightening along with trade wars through imposing tariffs and other sanctions. The price of oil and copper are proven indicators of recessions ahead. Oil's down around 28% over the past six weeks and copper's been thumped too. The world's stock markets, the shop window for many who view an economy's health, are also cracking. Property prices in the USA, here and elsewhere are also showing signs of strain. Is the 'everything bubble' about to pop?
    What would you now invest in then, Organ Morgan? Gold?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    How can you speak on behalf of hundreds, if not thousands, of other people you don't know? I think that the posts about crypto-currencies more interesting than many other threads on the message board even though I know little about the subject.
    Didn't you know? Lardy is the voice of the people

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    What would you now invest in then, Organ Morgan? Gold?
    Gold and silver are hated by bankers because they have been used as money for 5,000 years and they can't print the stuff so instead they suppress their real value by creating naked futures contracts on metals they don't own and cannot supply and if entities demand delivery then they can settle in cash which they can magic any amount of. But gold and silver have never been worthless while a great many currencies have gone to zero. It's why wise heads recommend putting 10% of one's net worth into purchasing physical bullion as a financial insurance safeguard against their currency becoming confetti paper. By the way, the top in Bitcoin occurred on December 17th last year which was the very day that the first Bitcoin futures contracts were traded at the COMEX.

In answer to your question - yes, for peace of mind.

Deutsche Bank's share price hit another in a long line of record lows today. A decline of almost 5% resulted in a closing price of 8.15 euros. On the date the BBC article below was published its price stood at 10.49 euros, making for a decline of 20+% since then. During the 2007-2008 worldwide financial crisis it share price never fell beneath 16.0 euros

Deutsche Bank: World's most dangerous bank? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36723034

6 July 2016

Deutsche Bank shares hit a new record low today. Its value has halved since the beginning of the year.

So is it now the most dangerous bank in the world?

According to the International Monetary Fund - yes.

Last week, the IMF said that, of the banks big enough to bring the financial system crashing down, Deutsche Bank was the riskiest. Not only that, Deutsche Bank's US unit was one of only two of 33 big banks to fail tests of financial strength set by the US central bank earlier this year.

Deutsche Bank's share price hit another in a long line of record lows today. A decline of almost 5% resulted in a closing price of 8.15 euros. On the date the BBC article below was published its price stood at 10.49 euros, making for a decline of 20+% since then. During the 2007-2008 worldwide financial crisis it share price never fell beneath 16.0 euros

Deutsche Bank: World's most dangerous bank? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36723034

6 July 2016

Deutsche Bank shares hit a new record low today. Its value has halved since the beginning of the year.

So is it now the most dangerous bank in the world?

According to the International Monetary Fund - yes.

Last week, the IMF said that, of the banks big enough to bring the financial system crashing down, Deutsche Bank was the riskiest. Not only that, Deutsche Bank's US unit was one of only two of 33 big banks to fail tests of financial strength set by the US central bank earlier this year.
    The $115 billion money laundering problem.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...undering-worry

It's hardly worth stating that the CEO of that outfit and other crooked bosses of giant banks are regular attendees of the Bilderberg beano.

By the way, harking back to cashless, I visited a Vodafone shop last week to purchase a top-up voucher for my mobile to discover cash was unacceptable.

Very nearly invested in Bitcoin a few weeks ago. So glad that I didn’t. Is this on the way down for good Oggy?

I have no idea, boyo. Those professionals who use technical analysis to predict every market's movements said if $5,900 fell then a drop to a $4,200 support level would be on the cards. It bounced off that mark today. Everyone's now wondering if that was the bottom. If not then should $4,200 be breached in the short term than $2,600 is its next likely support. I don't own any cryptos, incidentally.

Gold and silver are hated by bankers because they have been used as money for 5,000 years and they can't print the stuff so instead they suppress their real value by creating naked futures contracts on metals they don't own and cannot supply and if entities demand delivery then they can settle in cash which they can magic any amount of. But gold and silver have never been worthless while a great many currencies have gone to zero. It's why wise heads recommend putting 10% of one's net worth into purchasing physical bullion as a financial insurance safeguard against their currency becoming confetti paper. By the way, the top in Bitcoin occurred on December 17th last year which was the very day that the first Bitcoin futures contracts were traded at the COMEX.

Next question: how does Joe Public purchase gold bullion?

Via the postal system and any number of online dealers. The best and cheapest in my experience is Hatton Garden Metals https://www.hattongardenmetals.com/ followed by Baird and Co https://www.bairdmint.com/ HGM carries less stock than the others so patience may be required if you want specific coins or bars that they currently don't have. It's best for Britons to purchase British gold coins (Britannias, Sovereigns, etc) for they are Capital Gains Tax free when selling any amount as they're deemed as money. Here's user reviews for HGM https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www...rdenmetals.com Other user reviews can be found elsewhere.

If you or anyone else ever wishes to sell scrap jewellery forget anywhere on the High Street, specially Ramsdens, as they're all rip-off merchants. Best prices will be obtained at Lois Jewellery http://lois-bullion.com/ and HGM is second best.

Re Hatton Garden Metals, I visited their premises two years back when in London. They have an area where you can buy metals over the counter. It's situated a ten minute walk away from Farringdon tube station. It was a strange experience because the area is chocker with multi-million pound businesses but seemed a little run down and a tad seedy. A surprise came when happening upon an outdoor market along one street that had white stallholders all with cor blimey accents. Inside HGM, one punter before me appeared a bit skint clutching his two carrier bags. To the amazement of everyone they contained £130K cash which he exchanged for the shiny stuff.

I'm on board, where can I buy £28 worth of gold?

You'll struggle to purchase gold in any form at somewhere like a Cash Converter outlet for that amount. Invest the 28 quid in a prayer mat instead.

You'll struggle to purchase gold in any form at somewhere like a Cash Converter outlet for that amount. Invest the 28 quid in a prayer mat instead.