+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Gunter

Chris Gunter

Worth a bid ? Out of the reading team. He’s an improvement on what we got. Rarely injured. Experienced international. 29 years old.

Re: Chris Gunter

Noooooooo! I'm sure pearcey would offer to drive him here personally

Better than what we got though surely ? Point to prove also.

I think we should be aiming for a lot better now if we convince Connor Roberts to come here he would be a brilliant signing but I think Warnock would be pulling his hair out seeing his fullback making runs in the opposition's box

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I think we should be aiming for a lot better now if we convince Connor Roberts to come here he would be a brilliant signing but I think Warnock would be pulling his hair out seeing his fullback making runs in the opposition's box
    Yeah Warnock seems to instruct them not to get too far forward. It’s limiting our attack I think. Especially with Bruno there.

I think Gunter would be better than what we got and also likely to stay if we did get relegated.

For me Roberts would be too hard to prose out of Swansea. They would want a lot of money. All would he come ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Yeah Warnock seems to instruct them not to get too far forward. It’s limiting our attack I think. Especially with Bruno there.

I think Gunter would be better than what we got and also likely to stay if we did get relegated.

For me Roberts would be too hard to prose out of Swansea. They would want a lot of money. All would he come ?
    I think he’s out of contract in the summer and I think that Rodon is also but I might be wrong on him, that clubs up shit creek and the yanks will sell for way below their potential value

Heisenberg

Worth a bid ? Out of the reading team. He’s an improvement on what we got. Rarely injured. Experienced international. 29 years old.
    He's not good enough for a Reading team battling relegation in The Championship and has been gradually getting worse, somehow, every year.

I'd have one of Manga, Peltier, Richards, Connolly or Coxe in our team before Gunter.

Better than what we got though surely ? Point to prove also.
    No hes not better than what weve got.

Manga is much better than him.

Id also prefer Peltier.

We do need a right back but not someone not good enough for a league 1 bound side.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Noooooooo! I'm sure pearcey would offer to drive him here personally

I’m in the car and about to start the engine.
    Seriously I really don’t want to see him in the side tomorrow night. He is not what Wales need.
    As for Reading he can probably do a job for us at times but he really isn’t great. You need to be aiming for a lot better than Gunts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    No hes not better than what weve got.

Manga is much better than him.

Id also prefer Peltier.

We do need a right back but not someone not good enough for a league 1 bound side.
    Oi. We ain’t going down . Bleedin liberty.

Roberts would go to any team offering him enough cash. My spies say he's been all over the place with a "don't you know who I am?" kind of attitude since he's been playing regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I’m in the car and about to start the engine.
    Seriously I really don’t want to see him in the side tomorrow night. He is not what Wales need.
    As for Reading he can probably do a job for us at times but he really isn’t great. You need to be aiming for a lot better than Gunts.
    I love Chris Gunter, he’s one of my favourite players to ever wear the Wales shirt, but I thought Denmark away illustrated perfectly why Roberts now has to be number one choice at right back. Gunts is great cover on the bench though and a great presence in the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Shitpeas View Post
    I love Chris Gunter, he’s one of my favourite players to ever wear the Wales shirt, but I thought Denmark away illustrated perfectly why Roberts now has to be number one choice at right back. Gunts is great cover on the bench though and a great presence in the squad.
    He’s a great lad but is too negative. He will move forward with the ball, check and play the ball backwards. I have seen him play so often and am fed up with him seeing do this time and time again. He’s ok cover for Wales.

You are kidding right?
    He's a very average championship player. Why don't we go in for Darcy Blake again while we're at it.

Noticed Gary Bell in the hospitality suite ,probably one of our finest full backs , could be be persuaded though to come of of retirement ?

The weekly we should buy (Insert name here) because hes Welsh thread

Better than we got? Not in my opinion. Not good enough for Reading.

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    The weekly we should buy (Insert name here) because hes Welsh thread
    No, not because he’s welsh. More that he has premier league and international experience. Rarely injured. Would be interested in a move (in my opinion). Versatile too.

I enjoyed his interview after the Wales v Denmark game.

Connor Roberts will be a far superior full back in the modern game. Gunter is not a Premier League player, but if we are relegated then I'd say yes to a bid as he's a better option than Peltier and probably Jazz Richards.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Roberts would go to any team offering him enough cash. My spies say he's been all over the place with a "don't you know who I am?" kind of attitude since he's been playing regularly.
    Not exactly what we want here and tbh we need something more than a lad who’s had a dozen good games in the Championship.

Could pay big money and then find he just doesn’t fit in.

It’s a ‘no’ to Gunter too. He’s OK, but not Premiership quality I’m afraid

No, not because he’s welsh. More that he has premier league and international experience. Rarely injured. Would be interested in a move (in my opinion). Versatile too.
    Gary Madine has premier league experience

Manga:
    - Gunter is a natural RB who is more (more not extremely) comfortable pushing forward and supporting the wide player

Peltier:
    - Gunter is as at least as strong defensively and more comfortable pushing forward and supporting the wide player

Jazz Richards:
    - For whatever reason Jazz spends time on the bench out of favour or out of the squad injured. Gunter is an incredible athlete and would be available to play in more games than Jazz.

If we could get Gunter for less than 1million then we have improved our defence at a cost effective price. If we're looking at bringing in players that could move us up closer to mid-table in the premier league then Gunter is unlikely to do that as an individual.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    Manga:
    - Gunter is a natural RB who is more (more not extremely) comfortable pushing forward and supporting the wide player

Peltier:
    - Gunter is as at least as strong defensively and more comfortable pushing forward and supporting the wide player

Jazz Richards:
    - For whatever reason Jazz spends time on the bench out of favour or out of the squad injured. Gunter is an incredible athlete and would be available to play in more games than Jazz.

If we could get Gunter for less than 1million then we have improved our defence at a cost effective price. If we're looking at bringing in players that could move us up closer to mid-table in the premier league then Gunter is unlikely to do that as an individual.
    We haven’t improved our defence at all.

We don’t play with full backs pushing on and Manga and Peltier are far better defenders.

He’s hardly Dani Alves pushing forward either. Put one good cross in the Euros and that’s about it.

He's better than anyone we have at right back, which does say more about us than it does about his ability

I like Chris, Cardiff fan too