Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
People could do their own research on what leave may entail. It's kind of an unfortunate aspect of life that you don't know every specific detail regarding an outcome before you do it.

Because of this people are often risk adverse and seek to keep the status quo, the fact that wasn't the case suggests people wanted change. Unfortunately many more mistakes have taken place since the referendum which will leave us as some sort of limbo state.
The whole thing stinks.

Unkown outcomes ? You know now. You still have time to change it. There is no rule that says ‘one vote only’. This is like jumping off a cliff, seeing the spiky rocks below, having a pause button in your hand and still saying to yourself “ well, I jumped, didn’t I ? Can’t be seen to turn back now . Just gonna see what kind of splat my body makes on them rocks”.

YOU might think this was a courageous vote on behalf of the Leavers. I think it was a vote in large parts made by scared man-children, consumed by the fear of islamic fundamentalists invading their borders and blowing up Tesco Upperboat (or whatever the equivalent may be in Warrington or Taunton or wherever). Why else would people like my cousin vote ? Because of EU fishing laws !?! Come off it.

It feels manufactured at some level.

What mistakes have been made?? The fact that you THOUGHT you had any bargaining power whatsoever over the EU ??! They’ve been clear since the beginning, there is no negotiation. You leave and you are treated like any other country is outside the EU. It’s not complicated. There is no deal that will give you and the Tories what you want. It will never happen. So brace yourself.