+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looks like we’re going to miss out on Rambo.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Looks like we’re going to miss out on Rambo.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can't imagine he'd rather play for Bayern if Chelsea and Liverpool are interested.
    Are we talking about the same Bayern?

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Are we talking about the same Bayern?
    The one in Bavaria? That plays in the Bundesliga? Yes I think so.

I don't understand why you would think Liverpool or Chelsea are better options than Bayern Munich? Bayern are one of the biggest clubs in the world and regularly win stuff. Chelsea are a basket case and Liverpool haven't won the league for 30ish seasons.

Nicer place to live. Different challenge. Play a few less games. Get that nice winter break. Get a big wage. Play for a bigger club than either of liverpool or chelsea. Yeah. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Nicer place to live. Different challenge. Play a few less games. Get that nice winter break. Get a big wage. Play for a bigger club than either of liverpool or chelsea. Yeah. Who knows.
    Bayern win their domestic league every year. They've won the CL twice in the last 40 years.

They're not a bigger club than Liverpool. They're possibly not a bigger club than Chelsea. They have a Celtic-like dominance of their domestic league, and a big, fancy stadium. I'd rather live in London than Munich. I should imagine Rambo's wife would too.

Bayern win their domestic league every year. They've won the CL twice in the last 40 years.

They're not a bigger club than Liverpool. They're possibly not a bigger club than Chelsea. They have a Celtic-like dominance of their domestic league, and a big, fancy stadium. I'd rather live in London than Munich. I should imagine Rambo's wife would too.
    Point ? They’re still far far more competitive, generally speaking than the majority of English clubs in European competition. It is not Bayern Munich’s fault they are that much better than the rest of the league, generally speaking. Maybe their league does resemble a better version of the Scottish league, but then so do at least two of the other ‘big’ European leagues. Fair enough, maybe Liverpool are ‘bigger’ but Bayern Munich are, and have been far more relevant for the last 25 years, and to even suggest that Chelsea might be bigger is ludicrous.

Nice selection of dates, nicely cutting off Bayern's 3 CL wins in 73-76 but including Liverpool's first three. Well done. Bayern have won as many CL's as Liverpool, have an incredible fan base and have won the league within the last 30 years. And Chelsea, that's laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Nice selection of dates, nicely cutting off Bayern's 3 CL wins in 73-76 but including Liverpool's first three. Well done. Bayern have won as many CL's as Liverpool, have an incredible fan base and have won the league within the last 30 years. And Chelsea, that's laughable.
    I didn't even mention Liverpool's CL wins. But if you must, BM have won the same number of European Cups as Liverpool.

As for the Chelsea thing. Do a little research, they're one of the biggest clubs in the world now.