+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looks like we’re going to miss out on Rambo.

Looks like we’re going to miss out on Rambo.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-a8634646.html

Glad to see him take a step up from Arsenal. As much as their ‘fans’ moan about him, he has been held up himself in recent years by the club. He needs to be playing champions league...........if Bayern qualify this year!

Re: Looks like we’re going to miss out on Rambo.

How much will Cardiff get?

Nathan, Nathan, Nathan

Can't imagine he'd rather play for Bayern if Chelsea and Liverpool are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Can't imagine he'd rather play for Bayern if Chelsea and Liverpool are interested.
    Are we talking about the same Bayern?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    How much will Cardiff get?
    Nothing, 5% of sell on fee, 10% of sell on fee, 100% of sell on fee. All add up to the same amount anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    Nothing, 5% of sell on fee, 10% of sell on fee, 100% of sell on fee. All add up to the same amount anyway
    So he doesn't care about us then

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Are we talking about the same Bayern?
    The one in Bavaria? That plays in the Bundesliga? Yes I think so.

Are you serious? They might not be having their best season but they’re more likely to win things than those and always go deep into the champions league.

The majority of ambitious footballers would choose Bayern over Liverpool and Chelsea

Trying himself in a different league, exactly the thing that messi constantly gets criticised for not doing.

I don't understand why you would think Liverpool or Chelsea are better options than Bayern Munich? Bayern are one of the biggest clubs in the world and regularly win stuff. Chelsea are a basket case and Liverpool haven't won the league for 30ish seasons.

Nicer place to live. Different challenge. Play a few less games. Get that nice winter break. Get a big wage. Play for a bigger club than either of liverpool or chelsea. Yeah. Who knows.

It was ludicrous to think he would come to Cardiff. It was never on.

Big step up on arsenal. The league is arguably not as competitive. Bayern not doing great so far but usually its between them and dortmund and then they usually win or buy the dortmund squad.

But European trophy prospects improved and will actually be likely to win a league trophy. Better players, more money, better stollen. Win win.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindec View Post
    It was ludicrous to think he would come to Cardiff. It was never on.
    I'm waiting for WalesOnline to suggest Messi would benefit from a month with us while his arm gets better

Bavaria is a beautiful part of the world as well. London is a feckin dump...no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Kaiser View Post
    Nicer place to live. Different challenge. Play a few less games. Get that nice winter break. Get a big wage. Play for a bigger club than either of liverpool or chelsea. Yeah. Who knows.
    Bayern win their domestic league every year. They've won the CL twice in the last 40 years.

They're not a bigger club than Liverpool. They're possibly not a bigger club than Chelsea. They have a Celtic-like dominance of their domestic league, and a big, fancy stadium. I'd rather live in London than Munich. I should imagine Rambo's wife would too.

Bayern win their domestic league every year. They've won the CL twice in the last 40 years.

They're not a bigger club than Liverpool. They're possibly not a bigger club than Chelsea. They have a Celtic-like dominance of their domestic league, and a big, fancy stadium. I'd rather live in London than Munich. I should imagine Rambo's wife would too.
    Point ? They’re still far far more competitive, generally speaking than the majority of English clubs in European competition. It is not Bayern Munich’s fault they are that much better than the rest of the league, generally speaking. Maybe their league does resemble a better version of the Scottish league, but then so do at least two of the other ‘big’ European leagues. Fair enough, maybe Liverpool are ‘bigger’ but Bayern Munich are, and have been far more relevant for the last 25 years, and to even suggest that Chelsea might be bigger is ludicrous.

Nice selection of dates, nicely cutting off Bayern's 3 CL wins in 73-76 but including Liverpool's first three. Well done. Bayern have won as many CL's as Liverpool, have an incredible fan base and have won the league within the last 30 years. And Chelsea, that's laughable.

I would imagine Barca will go for him.

I would love it if they did

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I would imagine Barca will go for him.

I would love it if they did
    There's a limit on non-EU players in Spain and Barca have too many already.

Regarding the attraction of Bayern, Munich and the Bundesliga....

Bayern are a very big club. They generally go far in european competition and will qualify every year. Comparing the Bundesliga to the SPL is nuts. The bundesliga is a million miles more competetive. There are a number of decent sides and compared to the ultra competitive slog that is the EPL I think it has a good balance in terms if quality and number if games. It seems like a more healthy environment to develop, aside from the fact that the best management in European football seems to be come out of Germany and he’d be getting away from some of the negative attention you can get in the english media and football public.

On top of that, I suspect Bale’s time playing football on the mainland might influence his decision somewhat, although generally speaking, footballers do seem to be a bit more conservative and tend to prefer staying within their comfort zone.

I think Bayern would be a great move for him.

You don’t half chat shite

Domestically dominant you may be right however there is a difference between Celtic and Bayern....Bayern can actually compete to win the CL, that’s the level they’re at.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    You don’t half chat shite
    You think people outside of Germany give a **** about Bayern Munich? Or the Bundesliga?

The Premier League is the most popular and lucrative league on the planet. That's just a fact.

But go ahead, yuk it up all you want. As they say: "ignorance is bliss".