+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ashley Williams pre game on camera “look at these mugs doing the ayatollah”

Re: Ashley Williams pre game on camera “look at these mugs doing the ayatollah”

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    I couldn't care less about him saying it and I don't think anyone's upset by what he's actually said.

People are annoyed that at a time when a young, talented squad is in transition, the 34-year-old captain is saying stuff like that which has just stirred up a load of Cardiff/Swansea bollocks all over social media. Those days had disappeared for 10 years but this, coupled with a few losses has seen it return to a certain extent, and he's added to that.
    Would you like a tissue?

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    Good evening Grangetown. What a surprise to see you on this thread.
    How does that answer him?

Quote Originally Posted by Father Dougal View Post
    Yes that is the way I see it.

As I say it’s clearly “banter” of the lightest possible kind really, and I really don’t understand how people can get upset over that. I was surprised to see the fuss on twitter about it but can see a few similar views here.
    That’s OK then.
    You, I or any number of our fellow fans and mates could be in that picture.

He’s basically calling Cardiff fans ‘mugs’... same people who were there last night supporting him.

Yeah, we are I guess, backing someone who clearly has no respect for us.

Joe Allen grinning about it too.

They both need a wash down with a stiff brush and their hair washed and cut. Instead of covering it in chip fat.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Would you like a tissue?
    Nah, just a captain who doesn't divide a fan base

The best thing about supporting Wales in the last 5-10 years has been that when we're on international duty then Wales is our club, the worst thing (one of them) before that was the club rivalry dominating and making it unpleasant for some fans to join in.

Yes, it's a bit silly for Ashley Williams to make this sort of comment but I would also hope to see more from our fans buying into the together stronger message and not making a thing out of it. Ashley Williams has been an incredible captain for our country and while his career may be in it's last 2-3 years we should remember that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    That’s OK then.
    You, I or any number of our fellow fans and mates could be in that picture.

He’s basically calling Cardiff fans ‘mugs’... same people who were there last night supporting him.

Yeah, we are I guess, backing someone who clearly has no respect for us.

Joe Allen grinning about it too.

They both need a wash down with a stiff brush and their hair washed and cut. Instead of covering it in chip fat.
    Jesus Christ grow up, football fans love giving out shit “banter” but start crying the second they get it back.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Jesus Christ grow up, football fans love giving out shit “banter” but start crying the second they get it back.
    Spot on.

Football fans in double standards shocker!

Precious little snowflakes

Have to be pretty thick to not understand the difference between being annoyed he's acting like that during international duty compared to "giving a bit out as a footballer"

Are people really getting worked up over this non story. Ex jack in Cardiff Swansea banter shocker.

For years he took Swansea jibes on the chin from a section of our fanbase. Don't see why people need to take things to heart when footballers give a bit back.

It's like when fans abuse an ex jack all game, then he scores and makes some gesture to the crowd and people start froffing at the mouth.

Just a bit of a stupid thing to say

Quote Originally Posted by SunderlandBluebird View Post
    Have to be pretty thick to not understand the difference between being annoyed he's acting like that during international duty compared to "giving a bit out as a footballer"
    Don’t be upset

What the f**k has he done to his hair?
    It looks like a dead magpies nest.

One final point, Chris Gunter's number one fan flew from China to watch the game yesterday. We are known in China (and France) on basis of all the good things this team and fans did in the lead up to the Euros, the Euros and support given against Austria and Ireland since even when results don't always go our way. Ashley Williams might have some second thought this morning but our fans have the choice as well of how to react and what they want to promote.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I’m not crying or upset.
    I just think he’s made himself look a twat.

Scruffy one too.

Pity you and Polo can’t tell the difference.

Spot on.

Football fans in double standards shocker!

Precious little snowflakes
    That’s rich coming from you, you have a hissy fit if anyone dares mention a limitation of Whittingham .

Perhaps Ash could lead the players in a chorus of ‘the referee’s a w*nker’ next time a decision goes against us.

He needs a word with his barber

On facebook now,here is the video

https://www.facebook.com/AllThingsCC...AwODUyOTU0NTE/

Quote Originally Posted by Igovernor View Post
    State of those comments. I thought Grangetown blue was a Lone wolf.

English wanker who couldn’t get in his own nations team, hope he gets his legs broken and never plays again (banter)

He’s made himself look a bit of a twat but it’s **** all really isn’t it?

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    English wanker who couldn’t get in his own nations team, hope he gets his legs broken and never plays again (banter)
    When you get out of prison G?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    That’s rich coming from you, you have a hissy fit if anyone dares mention a limitation of Whittingham .

No idea what you talking about but that’s nothing new

The ayatollah has run its course.

Don’t know why people would be doing it at Wales games anyway.
    Still poor form to take the piss in "our house".