+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking Ticket - off Broad Street

Parking Ticket - off Broad Street

I parked in Broadstairs Road last night and came back to find a parking ticket on my car along with every other car in the street.

There were no lines on the road and no plates on the lamposts.
    Has anyone else been a victim of this because I feel as if I've been mugged here.

Re: Parking Ticket - off Broad Street

Is it from police or coucil?
    Or a private company?
    Residents only?

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    Is it from police or coucil?
    Or a private company?
    Residents only?
    Its yellow, I don't know if that helps?
    I threw it in the glove box, my mrs has taken the car out now so I can't check at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    I parked in Broadstairs Road last night and came back to find a parking ticket on my car along with every other car in the street.

There were no lines on the road and no plates on the lamposts.
    Has anyone else been a victim of this because I feel as if I've been mugged here.
    Great big signs on the entrance to the street both ends Controlled Parking zone 8am~10pm Permit Holders only.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Great big signs on the entrance to the street both ends Controlled Parking zone 8am~10pm Permit Holders only.
    A happy hunting ground for parking enforcement all the way up Broad Street, Sanatorium Road, Sudcroft Street, up towards the Gol. Not all resident parking only but watch out for single yellow lines, faded double yellows and parking near pedestrian crossings. Resident permit parking signs are clear. Sorry OP, you'll have to cough up.
    Post script. My mum's cousin used to live in Sudcroft Street and I never new. Could have parked on the drive.😐

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    There are no signs at either entrance to Broadstairs Rd.

There are no signs at either entrance to Broadstairs Rd.
    Yes, but it's part of the controlled zone that is indicated by the big well-lit signs as you enter it. If you missed them on the way in they tell you you're leaving the zone on the way out too so I'm surprised you didn't notice them. You can try telling the council that you thought Broadstairs Road was an enclave within that zone but you're probably better off just paying up.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Yes, but it's part of the controlled zone that is indicated by the big well-lit signs as you enter it. If you missed them on the way in they tell you you're leaving the zone on the way out too so I'm surprised you didn't notice them. You can try telling the council that you thought Broadstairs Road was an enclave within that zone but you're probably better off just paying up.
    OK cheers, I'll have to put it down to experience and pay up.
    I counted nearly 30 cars with tickets on them in Broadstairs Rd. last night so the council obviously see this as a nice little cash cow.
    Given the number of people 'caught', then painting 'permit parking' lines is obviously going to hit revenue.

OK cheers, I'll have to put it down to experience and pay up.
    I counted nearly 30 cars with tickets on them in Broadstairs Rd. last night so the council obviously see this as a nice little cash cow.
    Given the number of people 'caught', then painting 'permit parking' lines is obviously going to hit revenue.
    Definitely, once you're in that zone there is no indication at all that there are any parking restrictions. The signs as you go in are big and well-lit, as I said, but I guess that on a match day your eyes are occupied lower down looking for someone stepping out in front of your car as you're turning. Most of the houses round there seem to have drives, there must be more parking spaces available than in the rest of Canton put together but, as you've found out, it's just a very expensive council car park.