+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: CR7 v Messi Redux

CR7 v Messi Redux

Its an age since we had a CR7 v Messi rant .

Is it now simply over , after viewing CR7's sculptured body

""Cristiano Ronaldo has dethroned Lionel Messi as king of the Champions League - incredible scoring form (including 43 goals in just three years) has seen him seize old rival's crown""

http://flip.it/V9rmNx

Re: CR7 v Messi Redux

I like Messi a lot, but he's no Ronaldo.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    I like Messi a lot, but he's no Ronaldo.
    No he's not Ronaldo he's better

Champions league seems to hold so much weight in things like Balon dor and this year will be world cup. I find it strange at it's very often the case that the best team doesn't win the cups as the difference between progressing and not can be done over 1 game.

Man Utd, real Madrid and Juventus fans are all going to say Ronaldo and they probably make up a large percentage of football fans around the world.

I think so many young kids are swayed by fifa ratings as well that it makes them think that way. We are looking at 2 of the best ever and I don't need someone to win the world cup for me to recognise them as the best.

It's strange where everyone complains footballers chase money with big moves the same people complain if someone does not move put of their comfort zone.

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Champions league seems to hold so much weight in things like Balon dor and this year will be world cup. I find it strange at it's very often the case that the best team doesn't win the cups as the difference between progressing and not can be done over 1 game.

Man Utd, real Madrid and Juventus fans are all going to say Ronaldo and they probably make up a large percentage of football fans around the world.

I think so many young kids are swayed by fifa ratings as well that it makes them think that way. We are looking at 2 of the best ever and I don't need someone to win the world cup for me to recognise them as the best.

It's strange where everyone complains footballers chase money with big moves the same people complain if someone does not move put of their comfort zone.
    The world cup holds far less credence than the UCL for proving who is better than who, so many great players who play in the UCL don't even make it to the world cup.

Impossible to say who is better as they have both dominated the game for over a decade and are among the very best to have ever played.

I've enjoyed seeing them go head to head over the years but I do wonder what they would have been like on the same team, could they even have shared the spotlight? I'm guessing not but what a sight that would have been.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its an age since we had a CR7 v Messi rant .

Is it now simply over , after viewing CR7's sculptured body

""Cristiano Ronaldo has dethroned Lionel Messi as king of the Champions League - incredible scoring form (including 43 goals in just three years) has seen him seize old rival's crown""

http://flip.it/V9rmNx
    How can you compare the two? Ronaldo is a footballing icon, Messi is how I'd describe my son's bedroom after a Match Attax frenzy.

The desire is still there..