+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Grand Slam Of Darts

Re: Grand Slam Of Darts

Did Gezzy push Anderson? No.

Did Gezzy call Anderson a w*nker? No.

Did Gezzy call Anderson a pr*ck? No.

Anderson pushed Gezzy, called him a w*nker and a pr*ck. He'll be getting fined.

I don't know why, but when Gezzy celebrates, he is hated for it.

To be honest, I can't believe you lot on here. I'm actually the total opposite, and I've gone off Gary Anderson. What a little wetwipe he was.

I suppose it's all healthy debate.

Quote Originally Posted by length View Post
    Did Gezzy push Anderson? No.

Did Gezzy call Anderson a w*nker? No.

Did Gezzy call Anderson a pr*ck? No.

Anderson pushed Gezzy, called him a w*nker and a pr*ck. He'll be getting fined.

I don't know why, but when Gezzy celebrates, he is hated for it.
    So you don't think that Anderson was provoked in any way and Price's antics were not gamesmanship in any way (which is against DRA regulations)?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    So you don't think that Anderson was provoked in any way and Price's antics were not gamesmanship in any way (which is against DRA regulations)?
    I've watched the match twice, and I still think Gary Anderson provoked Gerwyn Price.

Anderson entered the exclusion zone to push Gezzy.

Anderson is a big baby.

I've watched the match twice, and I still think Gary Anderson provoked Gerwyn Price.

Anderson is a big baby.
    I tend to agree with you. I think Price, to a degree, pushed the boundaries, but Anderson is clearly a bad loser. Didn't he complain about Gurney after he lost?

I too have gone off Anderson

Anderson is a big baby.
    It started early on when Anderson (and in my opinion, rightly) got fed up of Price giving it large after some visits before retrieving his darts. It's certainly not the first time a darts player has had a go at his opponent for not retrieving his darts quickly enough. We all know that some players use the odd trick, like dropping a dart when retrieving them, knocking a flight off the dart and having to pick it up, not gripping onto one dart enough when pulling it out so they need another attempt to get it out. Such tactics are a bit underhand but have gone on for years and are difficult to prove.

However, with Price, he wasn't even subtle about it. He was blatant. He set out his stall straight away - "I'm going to disrupt your rhythm, wind you up and try and provoke a reaction". He's done it with other players. Russ Bray had words with him in the semi final for doing exactly that. Price got the reaction he wanted and had provoked.

Do you really think that, had Price got on with his game in the proper manner (as in no gamesmanship, no deliberately delaying retrieving his darts, not shouting in Anderson's direction etc etc) Anderson would have reacted?

I stand by what I've said. I believe Price is guilty of gamesmanship, the likes of I hope don't become appealing to other players. Every time I saw Price yelling after hitting a ton (sometimes even less than that if he'd hit a treble with the last dart), I thought "shut up you tool". Anderson is not the only player to have been wound up by Price. He's not going to be the last. If that's what Price needs to give him the edge, then the sport is all the poorer for it.

It started early on when Anderson (and in my opinion, rightly) got fed up of Price giving it large after some visits before retrieving his darts. It's certainly not the first time a darts player has had a go at his opponent for not retrieving his darts quickly enough. We all know that some players use the odd trick, like dropping a dart when retrieving them, knocking a flight off the dart and having to pick it up, not gripping onto one dart enough when pulling it out so they need another attempt to get it out. Such tactics are a bit underhand but have gone on for years and are difficult to prove.

However, with Price, he wasn't even subtle about it. He was blatant. He set out his stall straight away - "I'm going to disrupt your rhythm, wind you up and try and provoke a reaction". He's done it with other players. Russ Bray had words with him in the semi final for doing exactly that. Price got the reaction he wanted and had provoked.

Do you really think that, had Price got on with his game in the proper manner (as in no gamesmanship, no deliberately delaying retrieving his darts, not shouting in Anderson's direction etc etc) Anderson would have reacted?

I stand by what I've said. I believe Price is guilty of gamesmanship, the likes of I hope don't become appealing to other players. Every time I saw Price yelling after hitting a ton (sometimes even less than that if he'd hit a treble with the last dart), I thought "shut up you tool". Anderson is not the only player to have been wound up by Price. He's not going to be the last. If that's what Price needs to give him the edge, then the sport is all the poorer for it.
    It's always been called "gamesmanship" for Gerwyn Price.

If MvG can get away with celebrating 95's etc, why can't Gezzy?

Gerwyn Price doesn't celebrate every 180, but he might celebrate a good 95. He's similar to MvG.

Throwing a nice 95 to hold your throw can get you pumped.

Everyone is different.

Gerwyn Price doesn't celebrate every 180, but he might celebrate a good 95...that's a given. Same as MvG.

Throwing a nice 80 to hold your throw can get you pumped.

Everyone is different.
    The guy is a fecking tool, I hope he gets smashed from now on

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    The guy is a fecking tool, I hope he gets smashed from now on

It's always been called "gamesmanship" for Gerwyn Price.

If MvG can get away with celebrating 95's etc, why can't Gezzy?
    I think there's a big difference between a fist pump as you're pulling darts out of the board to even walking away from the oche to yell at your opponent, beat your chest, then go back and get your darts.

MVG isn't trying to disrupt the other player's throw. Price most certainly is.

I think there's a big difference between a fist pump as you're pulling darts out of the board to even walking away from the oche to yell at your opponent, beat your chest, then go back and get your darts.

MVG isn't trying to disrupt the other player's throw. Price most certainly is.
    The beating of the chest and yelling was counteractive, a reply to Anderson.

Anderson is up to all sorts on stage. You've probably seen the recent videos? He's farting etc.

The beating of the chest and yelling was counteractive, a reply to Anderson.
    Sorry, now you're talking nonsense. You reckon Anderson started the whole thing?

Sorry, now you're talking nonsense. You reckon Anderson started the whole thing?

Yes. I've said that all along. Take a look back through my posts.

You've even replied since I posted it.

According to a video on Ochepediea - they'll both get fined around £3000, and that's a maximum. Hopefully Gezzy won't get fined as he didn't break any rules.

According to a video on Ochepediea - they'll both get fined around £3000, and that's a maximum. Hopefully Gezzy won't get fined as he didn't break any rules.
    Obviously our interpretations of gamesmanship are different so let's leave it there, as are our interpretations of being a total cock.

The crowd's reaction when Price walked out tonight, during the first leg and during the critical last leg showed exactly what most darts fans think of Price's antics.

Thankfully he was well behaved this evening and very unlucky to come across an opponent who averaged 119 over 5 legs and managed legs of 12 darts or less to break back twice. Extraordinary comeback from Ratajski, who before the break, looked average as Price played beautifully without resorting to antics. I make it that Price averaged 108 over the 5 legs he lost. Some match and great viewing.

What's the point In darts

The crowd's reaction when Price walked out tonight, during the first leg and during the critical last leg showed exactly what most darts fans think of Price's antics.

Thankfully he was well behaved this evening and very unlucky to come across an opponent who averaged 119 over 5 legs and managed legs of 12 darts or less to break back twice. Extraordinary comeback from Ratajski, who before the break, looked average as Price played beautifully without resorting to antics. I make it that Price averaged 108 over the 5 legs he lost. Some match and great viewing.
    Still a prick at the end screaming in his opponents face when walking back from the ochre and the big Polak was on match darts.

Don’t you think that there is a high probability his behaviour is staged. Every sport needs a ‘baddie’ for its marketing purposes, and darts has become a marketing masterclass

Quote Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanton View Post
    Don’t you think that there is a high probability his behaviour is staged. Every sport needs a ‘baddie’ for its marketing purposes, and darts has become a marketing masterclass
    I don't think he's pretending to be a cock, no, it's Oscar winning stuff if he is. I take your point though, it'll be interesting to see if the authorities look to control his behaviour or cash in on it.

The draw for the World Championship was done yesterday, by the way.

https://dartsnews.com/draw-confirmed...-championship/

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    I don't think he's pretending to be a cock, no, it's Oscar winning stuff if he is. I take your point though, it'll be interesting to see if the authorities look to control his behaviour or cash in on it.

The draw for the World Championship was done yesterday, by the way.

https://dartsnews.com/draw-confirmed...-championship/
    Not sure if increasing the number of players taking part is going to make much difference. I can only presume this has been done to cash in on ticket sales, possibly even at the request of the sponsor to create more betting markets.

Not sure if increasing the number of players taking part is going to make much difference. I can only presume this has been done to cash in on ticket sales, possibly even at the request of the sponsor to create more betting markets.
    Whatever the reason, it'll be promoted as being bigger and better but I think they've overestimated the strength in depth looking at the first round draw. The novelty of the women players will be of some interest but it's going to be a slow start to the tournament. Instead of one qualifying game then three seeds in the early sessions, it's going to be three qualifying games then one seed for the first week and some of those sessions will be a tough sell if the seed is Wattimena, van de Pas, Wilson, West etc. Extra afternoon sessions too which will take it further off the radar. Even the second round looks so-so, Cross v de Zwaan and Clayton v van den Burgh should be good but it all looks a bit like Russell Slade organised the early stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    Whatever the reason, it'll be promoted as being bigger and better but I think they've overestimated the strength in depth looking at the first round draw. The novelty of the women players will be of some interest but it's going to be a slow start to the tournament. Instead of one qualifying game then three seeds in the early sessions, it's going to be three qualifying games then one seed for the first week and some of those sessions will be a tough sell if the seed is Wattimena, van de Pas, Wilson, West etc. Extra afternoon sessions too which will take it further off the radar. Even the second round looks so-so, Cross v de Zwaan and Clayton v van den Burgh should be good but it all looks a bit like Russell Slade organised the early stages.
    Totally agree. Games that struggled to create interest on the second board in a tournament like the recent Players' Championship are now going to be prime time on the biggest stage of all. It'll be a flop and it'll revert back in a year or two

I make it £21,500 of fines plus a three month ban (suspended, unfortunately) for Price and a formal warning for Anderson.

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2019/01/23/d...win-grand-slam