+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best chippie in Wales.

Re: Best chippie in Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Is that the one in ton Pentre.
    what ever that one is called the fish is excellent.
    The Crispy Cod is in Ton Pentre/Gelli (they also have a shop in Tonyrefail), while there is also A Fish called Rhondda shops (which is my second choice up here) in Ton Pentre/Gelli and Treorchy.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Used to go to the Robin Hood and Romilly on Saturday nights quite often back in my drinking days, but that chippy was never open then - I rarely saw it open during the day as well, so I've never had anything from there. The Duke of Clarence was another Saturday night haunt and there's chippy close to where that pub used to be that has been there for at least twenty years that I've never ever seen open!
    Sounds like too many stop ons Paul🥳🥳🥳

I was in Companies House from 1976 to 1989 and your name does ring a vague bell, what section were you on in the 80s?
    Default from 79 to 82, databank 82 to 84, general section for the rest doing special capital. Trouble is there were two Malcolm Wilson's and we both had same birthdays. Always fancied I was the better looking ha.

Used to go to the Robin Hood and Romilly on Saturday nights quite often back in my drinking days, but that chippy was never open then - I rarely saw it open during the day as well, so I've never had anything from there. The Duke of Clarence was another Saturday night haunt and there's chippy close to where that pub used to be that has been there for at least twenty years that I've never ever seen open!
    Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Default from 79 to 82, databank 82 to 84, general section for the rest doing special capital. Trouble is there were two Malcolm Wilson's and we both had same birthdays. Always fancied I was the better looking ha.
    F*ck me? You wanna get on the Family Tree/DNA thread and see if you and Andy Goram are related😂😂

Used to live in Ethal Street in the 70s and it used to be open then but it shut In the 80s and like you say its been shut ever since, what a waste of a chippy.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    F*ck me? You wanna get on the Family Tree/DNA thread and see if you and Andy Goram are related😂😂
    Ha I have been reading that thread with interest. Done my tree, no money in my family unfortunately but I am a distant relative of the late great Alan Rickman.

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    Malcolm Wilson in capital sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Sounds like too many stop ons Paul������
    I wish .

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    Had battered halloumi in a chip shop in Machynlleth in the summer. Wish more chip shops would do this for us veggies.
    Isn't cod veggie?

Malcolm Wilson in capital sounds familiar.
    That's little old me, retired now.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    Can anyone shed light on a place in Canton called “Rabbiottis” ? This was open during the early 90’s. My father would always stop here and pick us up fish and chips , I was under the impression it was world renowned , however with hindsight I’m guessing it was the first chippy we passed on the way home.
    Remember it well, a few doors away from peakocks. Superb grub. He moved to another premises on the junction of waterhall Road and pentrebane Road, not sure if he is still going.

Isn't cod veggie?
    No. Halloumi is cheese. I sure you know that.

If in Milford Haven go to the Marble Hall chippy. They give you so many chips I have tell them to stop.

Mikey Gale’s not too bad, does a bit for me, a wizard with a saw & claw hammer......also runs the Canton Cross bus to away games👍

My mum used to work in Rabiottis in the 60s when we lived in Canton.
    The bulding now houses Dominos Pizza.
    A few doors up is The Canton fish bar which was the original name of the Cod father which is the other end of Canton near the kings.

Are you thinking about John's Fish Bar on Clive Road? When I used to live close to there someone mentioned that it wasn't really a chippie, but a film set. Whether that is true or not I don't know. Would make some sense, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocco Siffredi View Post
    Park Street Chippy in Tenby is better than any in Cardiff .
    I always go to the one just up from he multi-storey car park in Tenby, not sure if that’s Park St. My favourite definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    I always go to the one just up from he multi-storey car park in Tenby, not sure if that’s Park St. My favourite definitely.
    Just checked Google maps and it’s Park Road, I assume its the same one.

International

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy corbyn View Post
    No. Halloumi is cheese. I sure you know that.
    That isn't what I asked?
    Isn't cod veggie?

International

Rabiottis have been running cafes and restaurants in Cardiff for over 90 years.
    I believe that at the start of the 2nd WW a lot od welsh Italians were interred or prevented from running businesses but Rabbiotis had to be released to run their cafes because so many soldiers complained, I think because soldiers in uniform got free tea.

An old and well established Welsh?Italian family!!!

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

That isn't what I asked?
    Isn't cod veggie?

I always thought of him in a white robe with long white hair and a beard. Never considered he might be a veggie

International

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Labelled "Dirty Dot's" and "chicken curry off the floor" for a reason Bob

It wasn't 'chicken curry' off the bone but just "chicken" with curry sauce poured over it.
    Rank but necessary when mullered.
    Shirley if there was no bone in it then it must have been "off the bone"????