+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mendez Laing in the U23 squad tonight

Mendez Laing in the U23 squad tonight

Re: Mendez Laing in the U23 squad tonight

And has scored. 1-0 with 15mins left

Excellent news. I think his injury and Hoilett loss of form forced us into the 4-4-1-1 we saw for a lot of our games.

Ended 2-0 with Madine getting the other. I didnt realise NML was close to a return, so pleasant surprise him starting tonight.

He did ok. Hasn't got that burst of pace yet, there was a lovely through ball played for him just before he came off and he was very frustrated that he hadn't been able to reach it. The plan was for him to come off after an hour and Jamie Veale was called over to replace him but he said he wanted to carry on, which he did till he scored his goal. It was an emphatic finish after some good build-up play. Madine took his chance well too to be fair, a good header off a perfect cross from Duffus.

Expect to see him in the squad Saturday

Only problem with his recovery, it's now winter , and his asthmatic condition may hinder a full or quick recovery ??

Quote Originally Posted by Loramski View Post
    The plan was for him to come off after an hour and Jamie Veale was called over to replace him but he said he wanted to carry on, which he did till he scored his goal..
    He got plenty of game time under his belt then.

A Mendez Laing at his best would be like a new signing. Hoilett has been so disappointing.

I've said it before and was shot down, but I'd still be tempted to give Cameron Coxe a go at right back. Obviously Premier League football is a really hard baptism of fire, but Manga isn't a right back. I'd shift him inside and give Coxe a go, maybe in a home game that's more winnable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    I've said it before and was shot down, but I'd still be tempted to give Cameron Coxe a go at right back. Obviously Premier League football is a really hard baptism of fire, but Manga isn't a right back. I'd shift him inside and give Coxe a go, maybe in a home game that's more winnable.
    We done amid a similar thing last time we were in the premier league. We have Declan John a fun of games.

I just can’t see Warnkck doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    We done amid a similar thing last time we were in the premier league. We have Declan John a fun of games.

I think Cunningham needs more time and we have Richards.

Agreed - the only way I can see Cameron Coxe, or any other youngster, playing Premier League football for us this season is if our fate, one way or another, has been decided with a few games to go, then we might see something similar to Tom James and Rhys Healey being given game time by Ole against Chelsea in our final match in 13/14.

Just re-read my post and it’s gobbledygook. Damn you predictive text.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    The home winnable games are just too critical. I'd rather throw someone in against one of the big 6 away

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    The home winnable games are just too critical. I'd rather throw someone in against one of the big 6 away
    yes I was thinking the same

Another goal for Mendez-Laing today in a 1-1 draw with Bristol City. Him and Jazz Richards got an hour in, Damour played the whole game. Cameron Coxe got a straight red late on.