+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: Albania 1 - 0 Wales

Re: Albania v Wales

Embarrassing, get Williams on so at least we can hear the crowd reaction.

This is clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    I'm interested to see how many more sitters Vokes misses before he's hooked. Three so far.
    If Volkes scored 3 goals from 3 chances, he wouldn't be playing for us

Quote Originally Posted by KenfigBlues View Post
    Embarrassing, get Williams on so at least we can hear the crowd reaction.
    I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by G rangetown Blue View Post
    If Volkes scored 3 goals from 3 chances, he wouldn't be playing for us
    would be nice if he could manage to score once from 3 good chances !

Jack Collison commentating.
    You'd swear we were playing well and winning the way he's been bigging us up all night. Must be on the sauce early.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue blood View Post
    would be nice if he could manage to score once from 3 good chances !
    True

Giggs is clueless, he's making some good young players look less than ordinary.

I know it’s only a friendly but this sort of result will send us hurtling down the rankings. For the second successive game we are all over the place.
    Giggs will start the Euro qualifiers on the back of successive defeats. That’s far from ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by MacAdder View Post
    Jack Collison commentating.
    You'd swear we were playing well and winning the way he's been bigging us up all night. Must be on the sauce early.
    Admittedly he is young, but he is pretty rubbish.

(He sounds like Joe Cole)

Matondo Welsh man of the match.

Re: FT: Albania 1 - 0 Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Thought James Lawrence was MOM

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Thought James Lawrence was MOM
    I was being ironic

Albania doubling up on him was a good sign that he had scared them. One of few positives from tonight with the others being the obvious about Gunter and King getting special caps; Ward, Brooks, Roberts, Wilson getting game time; and Allen's performance. I guess you can count Giggs' honest assessment after as a small positive?

Beaten by a more street-wise team on Friday and a more organised team tonight. It's a couple of months until the next fixture now but Giggs has a lot to learn in that time. We can only stick together and hope that he does so.

I was being ironic
    He did look quality though, his pace was frightening

We’d be better of with bobby Gould ffs

He did look quality though, his pace was frightening
    I was impressed by his close control. He's been banging them in for the Citeh reserves too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Fair play Cyril, true 'bloke' economics at play there-visit a town or city anywhere in the world and the costs always come down to the price of a pint. Hotels, Food, Sight Seeing, Recreation, Public Transport? No Chance
    Forget about Bitcoin, lager is the world currency!

Awful tonight. Lethargic performance against a poor side. Vokes alone could have made it comfortable within 50 mins. Still, Albanians really friendly people and they laid on spectacular rain storms to make us feel at home. The public transport bus back to Tirana tomorrow (25 miles) is £1.05 so just not beer economics at play here

I was impressed by his close control. He's been banging them in for the Citeh reserves too.
    Admittedly the pitch was cut up but he had a first touch like a trampoline at times.

All this "rebuilding" stuff irks me when we've got Allen, Rambo and Bale. We can't waste them, and sticking Bale on the right hand side doesn't work for me, he needs to get on the ball constantly. At best, Brooks, Wilson and co become as good as those three.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    Admittedly the pitch was cut up but he had a first touch like a trampoline at times.

All this "rebuilding" stuff irks me when we've got Allen, Rambo and Bale. We can't waste them, and sticking Bale on the right hand side doesn't work for me, he needs to get on the ball constantly. At best, Brooks, Wilson and co become as good as those three.
    Allen is the only one who has been consistent lately out of the "big three".

Bale thrives on the right for Madrid, albeit not for the past month mind. I think it helps when players can read the runs that split second quicker.

Other than his goal against Denmark last week, I can't remember the last time Bale made a successful run for Wales in behind.

Bale thrives on the right for Madrid, albeit not for the past month mind. I think it helps when players can read the runs that split second quicker.

Other than his goal against Denmark last week, I can't remember the last time Bale made a successful run for Wales in behind.
    Real are constantly on the attack, they're usually camped in the opponent's half. At times Bale has been playing right back for us under Giggs.

Respect to Tom Lockyer. Played 90 minutes last night, flew back this morning, joined up with Bristol Rovers before their FA Cup tie with Barnet tonight and came off the bench with ten minutes to go when Rovers went 2-1 down (which was the final score). Great commitment.

My thoughts entirely, people are going on like its the same situation that Toshack had, or when Coleman took over, we've got a genuine world class talent as well a a top player in Ramsey (when he's arsed) and a more than capable entourage in Allen, Davies, Hennessey and Chester