+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbi Matondo ex-CCFC

Rabbi Matondo ex-CCFC

Apparently Matondo was at City until he was 15, wonder what happened there? Another case of a big club using EPPP to rob a young talent for peanuts?

Re: Rabbi Matondo ex-CCFC

Quote Originally Posted by Cardiff Ultra View Post
    Apparently Matondo was at City until he was 15, wonder what happened there? Another case of a big club using EPPP to rob a young talent for peanuts?
    Yep

Yep, but we got £500k for him.
    😕😕

Never mind that he’s already worth a couple of million and will be a lot more in years to come.

Looked good in the short time he was on today

Modern day football makes me sick. Should not be allowed to happen. Give the smaller clubs a chance FFS! Had enough of it to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by simonp_ccfc View Post
    Modern day football makes me sick. Should not be allowed to happen. Give the smaller clubs a chance FFS! Had enough of it to be honest.
    He was born in Liverpool though and his family are in that area. Perhaps they influenced his move back to the North West

I always thought he was born in Cardiff?
    Edit: although having just looked it up you are correct

His younger brother still plays for Cardiff

he looked fairly decent, loved his step-overs though, i think they might have a step-over coach at man city

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he looked fairly decent, loved his step-overs though, i think they might have a step-over coach at man city
    Reminded me of good old Ronnie Bird , legs going 60 miles per hour, ball either left behind, or 10 yards in front.

He'll get there though, (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    He was born in Liverpool though and his family are in that area. Perhaps they influenced his move back to the North West
    How does he qualify for Wales?

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Monk View Post
    Parentage

He went to school in Cardiff, so it might be just that. He might have other relatives, I can't find out but his dad is from the DRC. He spent most of his childhood in Cardiff, so it's not as if he's been dropped in.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Reminded me of good old Ronnie Bird , legs going 60 miles per hour, ball either left behind, or 10 yards in front.

He'll get there though, (hopefully)
    He looks alright on YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    He looks alright on YouTube
    So did Cornelius

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    So did Cornelius
    But the "Bullet" only cost £500k

Man City have a Category 1 Academy, ours is only Cat 2, so we couldn't stop him moving to a higher grade of academy, albeit for a fee. Swansea also have a Cat 1, though remains to be seen if they can afford to keep it as it's expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdad View Post
    Parentage
    So he's Ingurlish ???????

Another one

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    He went to school in Cardiff, so it might be just that. He might have other relatives, I can't find out but his dad is from the DRC. He spent most of his childhood in Cardiff, so it's not as if he's been dropped in.
    Not sure just going to school in Wales qualifies someone at International level. Assuming the answer above is right, his mother must be Welsh.

Not sure just going to school in Wales qualifies someone at International level. Assuming the answer above is right, his mother must be Welsh.
    Robert Earnshaw

5 years at school means you qualify. Andy Dorman.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_D...ational_career

Re RJK and Earnie, that rule wasn't in then, so I'm not actually sure he should have played for Wales. Glad he did though! Having said that, he might just classify as a British passport holder and could qualify for any of the home nations (like Maik Taylor).

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Robert Earnshaw

..his mother is Earnie?..ff****ing hell

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Yep, but we got £500k for him.
    ����

Never mind that he’s already worth a couple of million and will be a lot more in years to come.

Looked good in the short time he was on today
    500 K is farcical

International

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    500 K is farcical
    It looks farcical now but did we give him all these skills or did Citeh see his potential and have the academy to unlock it? It's a moot point. If hne had stayed here would he be this good now, or in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    His younger brother still plays for Cardiff
    They’ll nick him soon too probably.....

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    It looks farcical now but did we give him all these skills or did Citeh see his potential and have the academy to unlock it? It's a moot point. If hne had stayed here would he be this good now, or in the future?
    He was excellent before he went anywhere near Man City.

Sure he scored a couple of brilliant goals on the Home Internationals for Wales under 16 or something .

Here’s a thread from the time he left http://www.ccmb.co.uk/showthread.php...-Matondo/page2

Also interesting point about the lad Everton tried to tap up and the boy who stayed and is still performing really well for our under 18s