+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Giggs

Ryan Giggs

Was disappointed when he was announced, but thought I'd give him a chance, and got my hopes up after smashing. Two losses to Denmark, and one to Albania in 5 competitive games is embarrassing, and the performance showed a lack of plan B or even of plan A really. He seems tactically inept, and a poor motivator, the opposite of a manager. We'll miss out on the Euros, then the World Cup, then we'll sack him. The one performance that was any good was at home looking for revenge at a God-awful Ireland team. Will he realise that playing the kids more isn't the only answer? how about a mix, the promising ones like Brooks, Ampadu and Wilson, amongst those who seem to know what they're doing on a pitch? The like of T.Roberts, James, etc, are nowhere near international standard, and someone has to say it if Giggs won't, surely one of his team can?

Re: Ryan Giggs

He is tactically naive and that’s a big worry. Factor in our star players are not at their best at the moment and it’s a concern. Scotland beat Albania 4-0 the other day which puts this result into perspective. We were all over the place in the second half and very vulnerable on the counter attack.
    He is going to have to learn fast otherwise he is going to be under pressure very quickly.
    He also needs to work out where to play Ramsey who is very poor defensively as he simply does not track back.

Fist job in a stuttering Wales then will grab a premier League club , he's useless

If anyone disagrees, I'd genuinely like to know why

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Fist job in a stuttering Wales then will grab a premier League club , he's useless
    A Freudian slip?

Albania were down to ten men for 65 minutes against the Jocks . But I agree tactically not up to the task .

Giggs is making a few selections errors, why T Roberts is starting ahead of Vokes is a mystery although Vokes squandered a hat trick tonight. Cant blame him for a useless ref tonight but maybe Ramsey and Bale should have started to try and win the game first half then bring on the youngsters later on in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhiwbina Blues View Post
    Giggs is making a few selections errors, why T Roberts is starting ahead of Vokes is a mystery although Vokes squandered a hat trick tonight. Cant blame him for a useless ref tonight but maybe Ramsey and Bale should have started to try and win the game first half then bring on the youngsters later on in the game.
    Vokes doesn't suit our style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He is tactically naive and that’s a big worry. Factor in our star players are not at their best at the moment and it’s a concern. Scotland beat Albania 4-0 the other day which puts this result into perspective. We were all over the place in the second half and very vulnerable on the counter attack.
    He is going to have to learn fast otherwise he is going to be under pressure very quickly.
    He also needs to work out where to play Ramsey who is very poor defensively as he simply does not track back.
    To be fair Scotland scored three of those four against ten men.

Giggs has commented about wanting to create depth and this plus our side being so young now could be the reason for performances like tonight. Think a player like Smith or Ampadu (if playing in midfield) could have made the difference but it's a clear sign, if one was needed, that developing that base of midfield is just as important as exciting attacking players.

For once I am glad that there are a few months before next Wales game. Quite a bit to work on if we're really looking to kick on.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Vokes doesn't suit our style of play.

We missed 4 headed chances against Denmark which Vokes may have converted. We need a centre forward who can hold the ball so that our attacking midfielders can create and score, Vokes is more experienced that Roberts in that role. Shame we havent got more options up front but as long as we dont play Bale or Brooks as number 9s. What happened to Tom Bradshaw?

The first thing he needs to do is play Ramsey as a No. 10 . He is absolutely wasted playing alongside Allen.
    We have no centre fodward so the obvious solution is to play Bale as a No. 9. With Wilson and Brooks wider.
    Juzt my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    The first thing he needs to do is play Ramsey as a No. 10 . He is absolutely wasted playing alongside Allen.
    We have no centre fodward so the obvious solution is to play Bale as a No. 9. With Wilson and Brooks wider.
    Juzt my opinion.
    Its late and i'm pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gillis View Post
    Juzt my opinion.
    Ramsey as a 10 is vital. Putting Bale next to him is where he thrives, which is why we always looked dangerous on the break under Coleman.

It's looks as though only one of Brooks/Wilson/Woodburn/Lawrence can start in the team. Two if Bale plays as a no.9.

Quote Originally Posted by CCFC27 View Post
    Was disappointed when he was announced, but thought I'd give him a chance, and got my hopes up after smashing. Two losses to Denmark, and one to Albania in 5 competitive games is embarrassing, and the performance showed a lack of plan B or even of plan A really. He seems tactically inept, and a poor motivator, the opposite of a manager. We'll miss out on the Euros, then the World Cup, then we'll sack him. The one performance that was any good was at home looking for revenge at a God-awful Ireland team. Will he realise that playing the kids more isn't the only answer? how about a mix, the promising ones like Brooks, Ampadu and Wilson, amongst those who seem to know what they're doing on a pitch? The like of T.Roberts, James, etc, are nowhere near international standard, and someone has to say it if Giggs won't, surely one of his team can?
    I'm with you all the way here. He is absolutely useless. I said this even before he managed us for one game, and was roundly criticised for it, by a couple of the more moronic trollers that frequent this board.

Denmark are no great shakes, and a half decent street wise manager would have seen us get at least a draw in Cardiff and out in Denmark too. As for the embarrassing defeat against Spain? I thought those days belonged back in the Bobby Gould era! We were again toothless last night. So yet again, another embarrassing defeat last night. A more experienced, more street wise manager would have seen us play better and get decent results in all the above mentioned games

All I ever read is "isn't Giggs great blooding these youngsters". He actually needs the older more experienced pros playing better together first. Two wins against the poorest Irish team I have seen in the last thirty five years is nothing special for him to crow about.

As you rightly say, we'll miss out on the Euros from what I have seen so far of us under Giggs, and the World Cup too. Get rid of asap Welsh FA and give us a decent manager before it's too late!

As someone said, Vokes is clearly more effective the Tyler Roberts. Maybe Giggs is just playing too many Jacks B*stards aswell, judging by the likes of James, Williams, etc over recent games

Nothing new, Giggs didn’t turn up for a friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    If he was Prem Management material, he would already be there.

Hows the Jack's manager doing? I'm just thinking that its usually around this time of year that Giggs is 'odds on' for the job there.

He's turning into Jose Mourinho !!!!!!!

Taking positive forward playing players and turning them into sideways, backways passing players.

Lets hope it was a one off, lets see what happens "if we play this way game"

Anybody pushing for Vokes to be in the team regularly couldn't have watched last night's game. Two sitters missed and then the third from a yard or so out in front of an empty net which he cleverly managed to skew sideways to the stranded keeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    Anybody pushing for Vokes to be in the team regularly couldn't have watched last night's game. Two sitters missed and then the third from a yard or so out in front of an empty net which he cleverly managed to skew sideways to the stranded keeper.
    Yeah but he won a header

Quote Originally Posted by Cyncoed Slumdog View Post
    It was harder to miss than score.

He was crap but what I've seen under Giggs, being almost every game, Vokes still offers far more to our general play than Roberts has done. If you can't get a game for West Brom or half the time for Leeds, why can you for Wales? Also, Bale, is clearly better upfront alongside someone than out wide for us, with Giggs in charge or not, which Giggs should realise sooner rather than later.

Giggs seemed tactically inept in the last few games despite getting everything right for the two Ireland games.

Surely he realises you cannot win the midfield in international football against most sides if you are playing a two in there and one of the two is Ramsey. We have to play Joe Allen in there plus one from Ampadu, Smith and Ledley (in that order).

He then has a choice. Does he play 4-3-3 with Bale and two of our talented youngsters up top with Ramsey supporting from slightly deeper or 4-2-3-1 with Vokes or Roberts up top, Ramsey in the 10 role, Bale out wide and one other presumably Brooks?

We lost narrowly to Denmark who are a better team and then we lost a friendly. This is Wales. What is everyone expecting?