Thread: The Reluctant Landlord

The Reluctant Landlord

Best new comedy for a long time.

Just saying Like.

Re: The Reluctant Landlord

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    Best new comedy for a long time.

Just saying Like.
    I have it sky plus'ed and watched the 1st episode on Monday night, very funny and almost non-PC, which i liked

Watched the first one - quite poor on first viewing.

Not as bad as the dreadful 'Rovers'

I'm not sure yet , will watch a few more ,currently binging on the American version of the Office ,I do prefer the american comedies like Parks , Veep,Big Bang , etc .

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I'm not sure yet , will watch a few more ,currently binging on the American version of the Office ,I do prefer the american comedies like Parks , Veep,Big Bang , etc .
    I’m binging American office too, just started series 8. It’s grown on me with each series. I’ll miss it when I’ve finished

I hate American sitcoms , all of them , funny how they make good films though

Loved Curb Your Enthusiasm but my favourite has to be My Name Is Earl.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Loved Curb Your Enthusiasm but my favourite has to be My Name Is Earl.
    Earl was brilliant for the first couple of series. Went stupid when he was in a coma but series one and two are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    I tend to agree although without rhyme or reason.
    MASH back in the day way very good, Happy Days too, though nostalgia plays a part.
    Can't be arsed watching any of the newer ones these days.

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    I’m binging American office too, just started series 8. It’s grown on me with each series. I’ll miss it when I’ve finished
    Would you say its better that the UK office ,I noticed the first series almost mirrored the UK version and Brent , however Carroll has transformed the character in my view ,its hilarious, like you, binging now it s free on Amazon

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Its always sunny in Philadelphia is a ruddy religion with my boys. I don't think you can get anymore un PC than that but it does take a while to warm to the characters.

My mate saw 10 minutes of it and just didn't get it and I thought it was loud and obnoxious at first but once its grown on you its very funny.

Would you say its better that the UK office ,I noticed the first series almost mirrored the UK version and Brent , however Carroll has transformed the character in my view ,its hilarious, like you, binging now it s free on Amazon
    Not sure Id say it's better. Its different and the characters develop over the longer run and i like them equally as much.

IMO curb your enthusiasm is the zenith of us sitcoms but the office is also very good. Tried Arrested Development but 2 series was enough for me and may try parks and recreation next

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Not sure Id say it's better. Its different and the characters develop over the longer run and i like them equally as much.

IMO curb your enthusiasm is the zenith of us sitcoms but the office is also very good. Tried Arrested Development but 2 series was enough for me and may try parks and recreation next
    Parks and Rec is like The Office, starts off good but gets better and better. Definitely stick with it

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Parks and Rec is like The Office, starts off good but gets better and better. Definitely stick with it
    Yes I would agree Parks is a similar format . I would say Parks just edges it for me , and I view the Ron Swanson part , as one of the best comedy characters I've ever seen on TV

Much better imo, I don’t know if the uk version was just before its time or that the yanks are so crazy it’s almost believable but the American Dwight is ****ing brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Much better imo, I don’t know if the uk version was just before its time or that the yanks are so crazy it’s almost believable but the American Dwight is ****ing brilliant
    Yes him and Michael Scott are astonishing characters , the moment when Dwight pollaxed someone playing American football in the office, and then handed of that woman in the face was pure comedy.

Yes him and Michael Scott are astonishing characters , the moment when Dwight pollaxed someone playing American football in the office, and then handed of that woman in the face was pure comedy.
    “MR BUTTLICKER OUR PRICES HAVE NEVER BEEN LOWER”

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    “MR BUTTLICKER OUR PRICES HAVE NEVER BEEN LOWER”
    WE'RE ALL HOMOS: HOMOSAPIENS

EARLY WORM GETS THE WORM

I HATE SO MUCH ABOUT THE THINGS YOU CHOOSE TO BE

HAVE HIM CALL ME ASAP AS POSSIBLE

HI, I'M DATE MIKE

I'm not quite superstitious, either — maybe just stitious