+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: City eye Nathaniel Clyne loan in January...

City eye Nathaniel Clyne loan in January...

Rumour - but would be be a good acquisition and hopefully solve the right-back problem...

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/footbal...ar_342081.html

Views...?

Re: City eye Nathaniel Clyne loan in January...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post
    Rumour - but would be be a good acquisition and hopefully solve the right-back problem...

Views...?
    A number of Liverpool blogs, the Mirror and the Daily Star now running with this one...

I’m guessing, without reading the article, he worked with Warnock at Palace.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if this one came off.

Not many players relish being involved in a relegation fight. Can't see it happening but it would be great if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    I’m guessing, without reading the article, he worked with Warnock at Palace.
    Wouldn’t surprise me if this one came off.
    I vaguely remember reading in Warnocks biography that he sold him to Southampton from palace , but rated him highly.

Be great if it came off.

Quote Originally Posted by Fine Lines View Post
    I vaguely remember reading in Warnocks biography that he sold him to Southampton from palace , but rated him highly.

Be great if it came off.
    Would be a great signing however imagine a few would be in for hin

Would be exactly what we need

International

Quote Originally Posted by mazadona10 View Post
    Would be a great signing however imagine a few would be in for hin
    I think you'll find that Liverpool loanees generally go where klopp tells them to go not where they fancy!

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Would be exactly what we need
    Yep, Bruno has done a good job filling in there but Clyne would be a fantastic signing.

I would hope that we enquired about him in the summer, but maybe Klopp wasn't willing to let him go then - would be a good signing which would have the added bonus of freeing Bruno up to play centreback.

I thought we could only register 2 loan players at one time?

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    We can have loans from abroad but only 2 Premier League loans. So Camarasa doesn't count (I don't think!)

Quote Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
    I think that only applies to EPL/EFL clubs.

https://www.premierleague.com/news/464747

If I understood Warnock's comments correctly from this morning's press conference he was implying that if we got another loan from an English club (e.g. Clyne from Liverpool, alongside Arter from Bournemouth) then any other loan signing in January would have to be from overseas. Camarasa doesn't count towards the 2 loans at any one time, max 4 loans in a season restriction.

Not quite Camarasa does not count so we can loan as many as we like from abroad!

Premier League clubs may not register more than two players on loan at any one time.
    - The maximum number of loans registrable in the same season is four, and, under no circumstances, shall more than one be from the same club at any one time.
    - Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
    - A Premier League club may loan not more than one of its goalkeepers to another Premier League club

With the exception of Welsh clubs competing in the competitions listed under Rule V.6.2, loans from a club in membership of another National Association do not count towards the above quotas.

Would be a great acquisition , however I'm guessing Liverpool would want a clean sale ,rather than loan,and i'm guessing its a wage buster for us ??

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Would be a great acquisition , however I'm guessing Liverpool would want a clean sale ,rather than loan,and i'm guessing its a wage buster for us ??
    Liverpool could make more money on him if he came here and did well, as opposed to selling him off the back of 5 games in 18 months.

Interest confirmed - but signing unlikely due to injuries to Gomez, Alexander-Arnold and Matip.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46567824

Quote Originally Posted by Cowbridge Blue View Post

Views...?
    Another thing to consider is that we'd have two 'Nathaniels' in our squad, quite a feat, not many clubs could say that. And with a Nathaniel Car Sales ad at the ground, i'd say that we would have to be the most Nathaniel-ed club in the country, maybe Europe. It's certainly something to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Another thing to consider is that we'd have two 'Nathaniels' in our squad, quite a feat, not many clubs could say that. And with a Nathaniel Car Sales ad at the ground, i'd say that we would have to be the most Nathaniel-ed club in the country, maybe Europe. It's certainly something to consider.
    Chalobah next, and then we could really start to Nathaniel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    All of them have had their injury problems, so on any given matchday the expected number of Nathaniels present would still only be an xNatnaniel of 1.83

Good shout, maybe we should just sign Nathaniels, see how far it takes us. Going by past recruitment policy it's a valid shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    All of them have had their injury problems, so on any given matchday the expected number of Nathaniels present would still only be an xNatnaniel of 1.83
    Good shout, maybe we should just sign Nathaniels, see how far it takes us. Going by past recruitment policy it's a valid shout.
    I've found another one!

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co...s-ban-10175751

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    There is also Nathaniel Knight-Percival at Bradford

Nathaniel Lofthouse would have been some signing yesteryear, the Lion of Vienna.