+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Record levels of homeless in Tory Britain , 320000

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Record levels of homeless in Tory Britain , 320000

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    I find that very strange as I've worked with homeless prevention in Cardiff for years, so I pay great attention to the amount of rough sleepers on Cardiff's streets.

I've never noticed an abnormal amount of anyone from a particular geographic location (other than South Wales) on the streets, judging from their accents. Which is the only way that you would have known, if this story is true...

The big question is, why would they live on the streets in Wales, where they would have to remain because there no recourse to social housing for them as they wouldn't have ties to the area and they aren't political refugees... When they could just return home and possibly access social housing or live with family/friends etc? There's no logic in it at all, is there? Especially if there's enough of them on the streets for it to be noticeable.
    I honestly didnt invent them ,I didnt say abnormal amount, i' d say I saw 3 to 4 in the North of Cardiff ,in the town centre there was approx the same maybec a few more . Honest?

That's what had me think , how would then correlate through to the rest of the UK ,and form part of the 320k ?

Found this, perhaps it is part of the statistic

https://www.homeless.org.uk/connect/blogs/2018/jan/10/migrant-homelessness-stark-reality-of-destitution-in-england

Heisenberg

Re: Record levels of homeless in Tory Britain , 320000

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I honestly didnt invent them ,I didnt say abnormal amount, i' d say I saw 3 to 4 in the North of Cardiff ,in the town centre there was approx the same maybec a few more . Honest?

That's what had me think , how would then correlate through to the rest of the UK ,and form part of the 320k ?

Found this, perhaps it is part of the statistic

https://www.homeless.org.uk/connect/...ion-in-england
    I can't see how it would be, since the key findings talk specifically about the plight of non-EEA migrants, which rules out the vast majority of eastern European migrants in the UK - which is what you're talking about here.

Where in "the North of Cardiff" are you witnessing street homelessness, by the way?