+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zohore wanted by Fenerbahce?

Zohore wanted by Fenerbahce?

Maybe....

http://sportwitness.co.uk/sporting-d...ible-transfer/

Fotomac claim Fenerbahce may be tempted to sign Cardiff City forward Kenneth Zohore following Islam Slimani’s poor start to the season.

The Leicester City player is currently on loan with the Istanbul club, but hasn’t convinced in his first few months in the Super Lig. The Algerian has found goals hard to come by and has been criticised in the Turkish press in recent weeks.

According to Fotomac, Fenerbahce could consider terminating Slimani’s loan contract during the winter break and bringing in Zohore to replace him. Fenerbahce’s sporting director Damien Comolli has reportedly met with Zohore’s agent to discuss a potential move

The Danish striker has yet to score a Premier League goal for Cardiff City this season and it’s claimed Fenerbahce’s scouting team are preparing a detailed report of the 24 year old.

Re: Zohore wanted by Fenerbahce?

T’ra Ken

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Maybe....

http://sportwitness.co.uk/sporting-d...ible-transfer/

Fotomac claim Fenerbahce may be tempted to sign Cardiff City forward Kenneth Zohore following Islam Slimani’s poor start to the season.

The Leicester City player is currently on loan with the Istanbul club, but hasn’t convinced in his first few months in the Super Lig. The Algerian has found goals hard to come by and has been criticised in the Turkish press in recent weeks.

According to Fotomac, Fenerbahce could consider terminating Slimani’s loan contract during the winter break and bringing in Zohore to replace him. Fenerbahce’s sporting director Damien Comolli has reportedly met with Zohore’s agent to discuss a potential move

The Danish striker has yet to score a Premier League goal for Cardiff City this season and it’s claimed Fenerbahce’s scouting team are preparing a detailed report of the 24 year old.
    I just wonder if that is what he wants secretly, out of the City of Cardiff ,and the UK ,it doesn't suit everyone ?

I’d drive him there myself.

Waste of fecking space.

If he bangs in a few for them in the second half of the season perhaps we should poach their manager 🤔

I think people are being really harsh on Zohore. He's played one full game this season, his first game back from injury and having missed a pre season.
    Then he played 60 minutes against a resolute Huddersfield defence and his replacement who got to play against 10 men didn't do any better.
    70 minutes against Burnley, when we actually created a lot of chances, and would have won that game 9 times out of 10. And aside from that he's been given the odd few minutes in games we had already lost against top teams.

Way way too early to be writing him off.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    If he bangs in a few for them in the second half of the season perhaps we should poach their manager ��
    One of the Koeman's! I think Comolli's got more sense & experience than to target Ken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I think people are being really harsh on Zohore. He's played one full game this season, his first game back from injury and having missed a pre season.
    Then he played 60 minutes against a resolute Huddersfield defence and his replacement who got to play against 10 men didn't do any better.
    70 minutes against Burnley, when we actually created a lot of chances, and would have won that game 9 times out of 10. And aside from that he's been given the odd few minutes in games we had already lost against top teams.

Agree.

He’s done enough in the past for me to think he’s worth persevering with

About the same length of time Cornelius had! He'd been written off by the Accrington game at the end of August.

There's only 10 months age difference yet Cornelius has 21 full caps & Ken has none.

Please let this be true.

Ken has showed a bit more than Cornelius for us.
    I thought when his baby was born it prove a problem for us.
    Now hes injured as well.
    I hope he gets fit soon.

Either Ken gets his act together and scores some goals for us or please disappear to Turkey.

Don’t you ask youself why he’s not getting games? Especially wheb we are desperate for a decent striker.

It could be that he’s too lightweight for the role. Or maybe his attitude is off. Considering he’s as big as Paterson I can inly imagine he’s unable or unwilling to work on the physical side of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Wright View Post
    Don’t you ask youself why he’s not getting games? Especially wheb we are desperate for a decent striker.

It could be that he’s too lightweight for the role. Or maybe his attitude is off. Considering he’s as big as Paterson I can inly imagine he’s unable or unwilling to work on the physical side of things.
    He's always been a confidence player, and wasn't put off by the physical nature of the championship.
    I don't know why he hasn't been playing, but I think that the idea that he's gone from comfortably our best striker to a "waste of space" despite barely getting to see him in the meantime fairly unlikely

He's always been a confidence player, and wasn't put off by the physical nature of the championship.
    I don't know why he hasn't been playing, but I think that the idea that he's gone from comfortably our best striker to a "waste of space" despite barely getting to see him in the meantime fairly unlikely
    I agree with that - and it seems he still has a niggling calf injury - but the growing frustration with his performances or his absences is totally understandable. We know what he is capable of - we have all seen it - but he isn't getting back to that level let alone passing it as he probably needs to do to survive as a Premier League striker. Whether it is injury, mentality, no luck or an inability to adapt, we are stuck supporting a team that needs a striker and has to rely on a converted right back up top as Plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    About the same length of time Cornelius had! He'd been written off by the Accrington game at the end of August.

There's only 10 months age difference yet Cornelius has 21 full caps & Ken has none.
    Cornelius was bloody awful at Accrington.

Well, Warnock and the coaching staff have their finger on the pulse with this and will know more than any fan. At present, he's behind Paterson, Ward, Reid and Madine in the pecking order.

Writing him off? No. Expecting him to be the answer to our problems this season? No.

Warnock has been openly critical of him. I think there lies your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Warnock has been openly critical of him. I think there lies your answer.
    I can only think back to Warnocks comments when he finally got him playing when he said something along the lines of, needing to shake him, get him going , telling him to take his gloves off , all of which suggests an attititude or self belief problem.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    I can only think back to Warnocks comments when he finally got him playing when he said something along the lines of, needing to shake him, get him going , telling him to take his gloves off , all of which suggests an attititude or self belief problem.
    Yep, bit of both even. No doubts he's got talent. I think back to the cheeky goal he scored at Norwich last season, split second timing and skill that top strikers would have been pleased about. Attitude is necessary, though. Imagine Paterson's desire and attitude with Zohore's natural ability?

And who said turkeys don't vote for Christmas?

Has there ever been a City player who is so reticent to try and win a header?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    And who said turkeys don't vote for Christmas?

Has there ever been a City player who is so reticent to try and win a header?
    Even Earnie won more flick ons.

Lol no he's not.

Also his contract is NOT up until 2020 he singed a new deal last summer