+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: These Dark Afternoons

These Dark Afternoons

Anyone else think it’s getting dark quicker this year? Seems as though some bugger is flicking a switch about quarter to four, I’m sure the light used to go more gradually in years gone by. It’s getting like it is abroad, that’s one in the eye for the brexiteers I s’pose if nothing else😀

Re: These Dark Afternoons

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Anyone else think it’s getting dark quicker this year? Seems as though some bugger is flicking a switch about quarter to four, I’m sure the light used to go more gradually in years gone by. It’s getting like it is abroad, that’s one in the eye for the brexiteers I s’pose if nothing else😀
    Trump said there's no such thing. Personally I agree with you, it does seem to be happening quicker (perhaps it's our age)

We were coming out of the Leicester game and I said to my mate, apart from the score I do like these night games.

Dont worry its only about 4 weeks until the evenings start getting lighter again

Rather than the clocks going back one hour in October, I'd like to see them go forward by one hour, and then back one in the spring.

There'd be much more daylight and would have a positive effect on the economy as more work would get done. Tradesmen in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by B. Oddie View Post
    Rather than the clocks going back one hour in October, I'd like to see them go forward by one hour, and then back one in the spring.

There'd be much more daylight and would have a positive effect on the economy as more work would get done. Tradesmen in particular.

How do you work that out?

Quote Originally Posted by Malckent View Post
    We were coming out of the Leicester game and I said to my mate, apart from the score I do like these night games.
    I came out of the Brighton game, excited with the result and for a few brief seconds happy that we were through the worst of the winter with it still being light at the end of the match. That's bloody 12.30 kick offs for you.

Trouble is there always the pub by 4pm mode anyway , just left one pub, its was very busy with painted overalls everwhere, and white vans in car parks .

Quote Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
    How do you work that out?
    You put the clocks forward and move the UK about 1500 miles south. Sorted.

Is there a flaw in my calculations?

Is there a flaw in my calculations?
    You could say that