+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Tomlin & Pilkington

  1. #1

    Tomlin & Pilkington

    As they're not in the 25-man Premier League squad, are they only training with the squad or are they eligible to play for the U23s?

  2. #2

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    They've been playing u23 football. At least some of the time anyway!

  3. #3

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Ah right, thanks. I've had a few looks at the U23 line-ups and hadn't see their names. I wasn't sure whether they were ineligible or just not picked. What a waste of 6 months of their careers.

  4. #4

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Ah right, thanks. I've had a few looks at the U23 line-ups and hadn't see their names. I wasn't sure whether they were ineligible or just not picked. What a waste of 6 months of their careers.
    They definitely started the season playing but I think now Madine etc are out of the picture, Warnock is giving them game time. I'm pretty sure we can only play a certain number of over-age players. Agreed, a massive waste. Pilkington turned down offers to move on according to Warnock.

  5. #5

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They definitely started the season playing but I think now Madine etc are out of the picture, Warnock is giving them game time. I'm pretty sure we can only play a certain number of over-age players. Agreed, a massive waste. Pilkington turned down offers to move on according to Warnock.
    Probably settled here with family etc I imagine.
    He should’ve been in the 25 based on his sub appearances alone last season.

  6. #6

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They've been playing u23 football. At least some of the time anyway!
    Not sure Pilkington has played for them yet this season - he certainly hasn't done so in recent months - Tomlin was sent off in a Development team match a couple of months ago and has not been seen since.

  7. #7

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Probably settled here with family etc I imagine.
    He should’ve been in the 25 based on his sub appearances alone last season.
    Would have been more useful than Madine.

  8. #8

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Probably settled here with family etc I imagine.
    He should’ve been in the 25 based on his sub appearances alone last season.
    100% this.

  9. #9

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure Pilkington has played for them yet this season - he certainly hasn't done so in recent months - Tomlin was sent off in a Development team match a couple of months ago and has not been seen since.
    https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...-cardiff-city/

    Pilks played in the game Tomlin got sent off, perhaps that was the last time either played.

  10. #10

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by The Bob Banker Spanker View Post
    Probably settled here with family etc I imagine.
    He should’ve been in the 25 based on his sub appearances alone last season.
    He's never been Warnock's cup of tea so thats that for him.I also think big Ken's day is done too.

  11. #11

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    It seems a strange situation whereby experienced players are effectively stopped from playing for 4 or 5 months after the window has closed. There's no way they can get in to the first-team squad, they're no real use to the U23s squad but can't leave the club on loan to play elsewhere. Their only option is to terminate their contract and become free agents, I guess, which is risky for them and amounts to a sort of restraint of trade?

  12. #12

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    It seems a strange situation whereby experienced players are effectively stopped from playing for 4 or 5 months after the window has closed. There's no way they can get in to the first-team squad, they're no real use to the U23s squad but can't leave the club on loan to play elsewhere. Their only option is to terminate their contract and become free agents, I guess, which is risky for them and amounts to a sort of restraint of trade?
    They can't terminate their contracts and sign elsewhere outside of a transfer window. They'd have to get released before the end of the window. I don't see how this benefits anyone but there we go.

  13. #13

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Shame that they thought best to stay at Cardiff rather than go on loan.
    8 months for pilks without playing a competitive fixture.
    Shocking really , their careers are short enough as it is.

  14. #14

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They can't terminate their contracts and sign elsewhere outside of a transfer window. They'd have to get released before the end of the window. I don't see how this benefits anyone but there we go.
    Blimey, that's even worse. So they're basically shafted until January?

  15. #15

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Not sure Pilkington has played for them yet this season - he certainly hasn't done so in recent months - Tomlin was sent off in a Development team match a couple of months ago and has not been seen since.
    Clever phucker really tomlin. Imagine doing your employer for 120 grand a month whilst doing absolutely nowt. I think most of us would lap that up, probably at the swim up bar at the sun palace hotel in Cancun, every day.

  16. #16

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    They can't terminate their contracts and sign elsewhere outside of a transfer window. They'd have to get released before the end of the window. I don't see how this benefits anyone but there we go.
    I wouldn't be surprised if we did a deal with Pilkington to pay him off for the rest of his contract, as he only has just over 6 months left, to enable him to be a free agent during the window. Unless of course he comes back in to the 25? But if we are to sign any players in January the same amount of players would have to drop out of the 25.

    As for Tomlin we juts have to hope someone will take him on loan for the rest of the season. I think he has another year and a half or maybe even longer with us. Similar situation to when OGS signed all this players and most were paid off or loaned out. Tomlin is a massive financial drain on funds.

  17. #17

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnojek View Post
    Blimey, that's even worse. So they're basically shafted until January?
    Yup, it's mad. Just like FIFA counting playing for Newcastle U23s was a "competitive fixture" and thus banning Ben Arfa from playing for 3 clubs in a year. Sometimes you just think they enforce these rules so they look like they're doing something.

  18. #18

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by goats View Post
    Clever phucker really tomlin. Imagine doing your employer for 120 grand a month whilst doing absolutely nowt. I think most of us would lap that up, probably at the swim up bar at the sun palace hotel in Cancun, every day.
    I may be naive but I'd imagine Tomlin would rather play football.

  19. #19

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro de la Rosa View Post
    I may be naive but I'd imagine Tomlin would rather play football.
    His history says different I think, as a few wurzels I know said when we signed him. He’s prob cost us about 5 million all in all, 2nd only to madine as the worst by Neil.

  20. #20

    Re: Tomlin & Pilkington

    Quote Originally Posted by sneggyblubird View Post
    He's never been Warnock's cup of tea so thats that for him.I also think big Ken's day is done too.

    He’ll go to fernabachi or however it’s spelled

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •