+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: There is no sexism in modern football.

There is no sexism in modern football.

Re: There is no sexism in modern football.

I don’t see what the problem is

First Team light up the darkness's Avatar

All other employees of the club and the ladies team will be invited to a special event next year
    That’s alright then

The Guardian now reports on women's football with no distinction. I'm all for equal opportunity but I find it annoying.

They all play lip service on the telly, the rags too.
    Bottom line is, does it make money?
    Are many people really interested in women's football?

For some reason, the Guardian also reports extensively on A-League football too. But next to nothing on the Championship.

There’s a woman as the main commentator on these England rugby highlights now. It’s awful and didn’t sound right at all. I’m not sexist but **** off and commentate on women’s rugby!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    There’s a woman as the main commentator on these England rugby highlights now. It’s awful and didn’t sound right at all. I’m not sexist but **** off and commentate on women’s rugby!
    Didn't catch the name of the woman who co-commentated with Rob Philips for the Denmark game, but she was excellent in my opinion, very knowledgeable.

She was annoying as feck even worse than Eddie butler

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Didn't catch the name of the woman who co-commentated with Rob Philips for the Denmark game, but she was excellent in my opinion, very knowledgeable.
    Obviously not that memorable though, if you didn’t catch the name...

I’m not doubting the knowledge of a female commentator. It’s just voice. It’s not for Football or rugby. Not as the main commentator.

I think women have a part to play in the modern game but not part of some politically correct media agenda .

Sky sports seem to use them as a nice to view attraction.

Obviously not that memorable though, if you didn’t catch the name...

I’m not doubting the knowledge of a female commentator. It’s just voice. It’s not for Football or rugby. Not as the main commentator.
    I don't remember names to well, she was really good, that's what i remember most!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    For some reason, the Guardian also reports extensively on A-League football too. But next to nothing on the Championship.
    Really? I haven't noticed that - although the online site does pick up on recent preferences, so if you have been to Australia and used their site there, or searched for A League reports, you might get Australian news and sports reports appearing above UK ones. From what I have seen the hierarchy in Guardian football reports is: Premier League, La Liga, Championship, FIFA scandals.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Really? I haven't noticed that - although the online site does pick up on recent preferences, so if you have been to Australia and used their site there, or searched for A League reports, you might get Australian news and sports reports appearing above UK ones. From what I have seen the hierarchy in Guardian football reports is: Premier League, La Liga, Championship, FIFA scandals.
    I think he's right, at least as far as the app goes. it's annoying when the headline talks about arsenal or Chelsea or whatver but the content is the women's game after you've clicked on it.