+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FT: EVERTON 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

FT: EVERTON 1 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Referee: Paul Tierney
    Assistants: Adrian Holmes, Mark Scholes
    Fourth official: Kevin Friend

Re: EVERTON v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Everton will be aiming to maintain their strong recent record at Goodison Park when Cardiff City visit on Saturday.

The Toffees are seven points better off than at the same stage last season and have lost just one of their last nine games at home.

Cardiff remain in the relegation zone after beating Brighton 2-1 at home before the international break.

But Cardiff have won two of their last four games and Neil Warnock believes his side, written off by many at the start of the season, are becoming more competitive with each passing week.

"I think we can do better than what we have done," Warnock said. "We've got to eliminate those mistakes and continue to put teams under pressure.

"We've got a run now where we're playing teams who are not in the top six, not beyond us."

Everton midfielders Gylfi Sigurdsson and Andre Gomes and forward Ademola Lookman are all fit to face Cardiff.

Sigurdsson did not even travel to join up with Iceland over the international break because of an ankle problem, while Gomes returned early from Portugal's squad because of bruising to his leg.

Similarly, Lookman was sent home by England Under-21s after sustaining a minor knock but all three players have recovered.

Cardiff skipper Sean Morrison was forced off against Brighton because of a broken nose but has recovered over the international break.

Harry Arter returns after suspension but Kenneth Zohore is out with a calf problem.

• Everton are unbeaten in their last eight top-flight home games against Cardiff (W6 D2), winning the last three by an aggregate score of 15-5.
    • Cardiff haven't beaten Everton in a league game since December 1956, drawing four and losing three since.
    • Cardiff have taken just two points from 48 available against the six ever-present Premier League sides (W0 D2 L14), losing all nine such games away from home.
    • Since losing against Crystal Palace in April 2014, Everton are unbeaten in their last 13 home Premier League games against promoted sides (W11 D2), winning each of the last nine in a row.
    • Everton have lost just one of their last nine Premier League home games (W5 D3), winning the last three in a row.
    • Cardiff have scored fewer away goals than any other side in English league football this season (2).

"Since losing against Crystal Palace in April 2014, Everton are unbeaten in their last 13 home Premier League games against promoted sides (W11 D2)"

Omens aren't great and it's a blow that Siggurdsson has recovered. Realistically the best we can hope for is a draw.
    I'm hoping for a nil nil but our defence still looks shaky.

Toffees 2-0 Bluebirds

Yep, omens look bad. How Everton managed to keep Gylfi home, yet Gunnar Played with Iceland I don't know. I suspect Warnock pretty annoyed.
    Some very important games down the bottom today.
    Looking forward to Wolves already.

Arter comes in. Murphy on bench.

Can’t say I’ve paid much attention to Everton over the last few seasons but looking at their starting line up today and subs, they got a very decent looking team on paper

Robust hard working midfield

Pacy striker dropped.

If it's close come 75.

On comes Murphy as an impact ??

Why is Arter playing left wing?

Half decent start.
    Kadeem looks lovely and "stumbled" when chased on the by line. Seen them given.

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    Why is Arter playing left wing?
    I think he's just playing in Murphy's place because he's a better defensive/ball winning option.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think he's just playing in Murphy's place because he's a better defensive/ball winning option.
    And facing up to the dangerous Coleman.

So far so good , trouble is I'm listening to Kevin Ratcliffe

Lucky Manga, Richarlison free header 5 yds out!

If we could afford to play 4-4-2 we could be having a real go here.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue;4928l960
    If we could afford to play 4-4-2 we could be having a real go here.
    Later on maybe,but a point would be magical ?

Etheridge booked for time wasting.

Etheridge booked for time wasting 40 minutes in

What a club

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Later on maybe,but a point would be magical ?
    I'm not suggesting we do it. We can't afford to leave any gaps. Patterson just looks so isolated, if he had someone supporting him, we just might cause problems. Oh well. I'll gladly take a 0-0 here.

There's got to be a fair few Everton fans at Goodison today that are from north Wales. I wonder how they feel when they hear their national anthem being sung by the opposition fans.

Of course he did.

Another shite ref.. I'm shocked

Cunningham unlucky there, Ralls has been shocking

Another shite ref.. I'm shocked

Cunningham unlucky there, Ralls has been shocking
    Agree with two of the three. Cunningham is just rubbish.

Why was Harris booked for that?

Why was Harris booked for that?
    England's number 1.