+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Ralls

Joe Ralls

..a masterclass in how to avoid the ball in 90+ minutes of a game.

Re: Joe Ralls

I could not believe he wasn't taken off with every substitution made!

We effectively played that game with 10 men.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock_Flock_of_Five View Post
    ..a masterclass in how to avoid the ball in 90+ minutes of a game.
    Don't start me off !!

Great lets slag off individuals.

All Ralls fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Great lets slag off individuals.

All Ralls fault.
    I didn't take much notice of what Ralls did or didn't do, let's face it, he isn't the kind of player who covers the yards, that's not a criticism, he doesn't play that way, although nobody is saying that it was 'All Ralls fault' In all honesty, i find it difficult to analyse his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    I didn't take much notice of what Ralls did or didn't do, let's face it, he isn't the kind of player who covers the yards, that's not a criticism, he doesn't play that way, although nobody is saying that it was 'All Ralls fault' In all honesty, i find it difficult to analyse his game.
    Id say hes a player who covers the yards. Thats his main asset.
    Anyway after a narrow defeat to target 1 player is pathetic.

Did you watch the game? He was pretty anonymous. I don't really think pointing that out is "targeting him".

I'm not blaming him for the defeat, the goal against us wasn't his fault, but he was completely anonymous. He should be doing far better as a professional footballer.

I’m a fan, but he looked short of confidence today. As for not working hard. That’s ridiculous.
    Giving the ball away, that’s a fair criticism- and can go for several others as well.

Mind you there was a complete lack of options until Murphy came on and then it was too late

He wasn’t great and I couldnt believe Camarasa came off and he stayed on.

I think Morrison looks out of his depth. Need a right back and get Manga in the middle with Sol. I still prefer Bennett over Cunningham as well.

I thought we did alright though. Soft goal to concede.

I think that the criticism should be constructive, it's no good to just call a player 'shit' it doesn't really mean anything. I've always had Ralls down as a pivot type of player, Arter does some hard running and even Gunnar looks more mobile to me. If Ralls does cover some ground, then it's not box to box, Camarasa is given more freedom with Ralls and Gunnar taking it it turns to get that little more advanced. In my opinion Ralls doesn't look right, he doesn't look comfortable. Maybe he's not quite fit, maybe he's struggling with the pace and better movement of the opposition.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    He wasn’t great and I couldnt believe Camarasa came off and he stayed on.

I think Morrison looks out of his depth. Need a right back and get Manga in the middle with Sol. I still prefer Bennett over Cunningham as well.

I thought we did alright though. Soft goal to concede.
    Although it pains me to say it, Morrison looks well out of his depth at times. And has become prone to panic. He was immense last season and I really thought he'd make the step up OK.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Although it pains me to say it, Morrison looks well out of his depth at times. And has become prone to panic. He was immense last season and I really thought he'd make the step up OK.
    Trying too hard?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Trying too hard?
    I just don't think he's quick enough in this league, it's the speed of thought as much as pace

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I just don't think he's quick enough in this league, it's the speed of thought as much as pace
    I think that applies to a number of our players. Experience helps with this as well.

I wouldn't fault Ralls for effort, and think he was one of our best players last season, but he looks to be struggling in the PL and was really poor today, probably our worst player. Kept giving the ball away.

My son and I both expected him to be subbed but it didn't happen.

Think we should have got Murphy on sooner if not starting as playing Arter, Gunnarson and Ralls together isn't the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I think that applies to a number of our players. Experience helps with this as well.
    Yeah I think Bamba has the advantage of having 6 foot long legs to recover , I honestly thought Sean would be one of the few who could make it but his positional play isn't the best, I've been very disappointed with hoillet this season he looks like a league 2 player and Ralls pissed me off today when Arter won that challenge and he ****ing didn't run on to the ball 30 seconds later we was 1-0 down but I thought we done alright today frustrated Everton but made some awful substitution decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Spooky Tree View Post
    I'm not blaming him for the defeat, the goal against us wasn't his fault, but he was completely anonymous. He should be doing far better as a professional footballer.
    Warnock is not playing him in the right role, can hardly blame Joe when the instructions from Warnock are to bypass midfield.

It's difficult to be constructive when a player has a game as bad as that. He was poor in every department, he looks totally unfit, ponderous and his pass completion rate must have been less than 1 in 5. Like others have said he should have been the first substitution.

Tough to take a defeat today, Everton were poor but we rarely looked like unlocking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    It's difficult to be constructive when a player has a game as bad as that. He was poor in every department, he looks totally unfit, ponderous and his pass completion rate must have been less than 1 in 5. Like others have said he should have been the first substitution.

Tough to take a defeat today, Everton were poor but we rarely looked like unlocking them.
    His pass completion rate was 55% which is poor I know, but he was far from the only one.
    His match rating was 6.23, which besides his sending off atSpurs is his worst this season .

Harris actually rated lower and Arter, Camerasa and Gunner were all only a tenth or so better.

The passing overall was terrible, but you have to feel sorry for a player stuck with the ball and no one making an angle for them to pass to. Happened so many times today.

At one point mind when Morrison passed it straight to an Everton player 30 yards out after Bamba had had too many touches and dropped him in the brown stuff I thought we were match fixing!

If you are going to play 4 central midfielders to basically nullify the opposition and make the game scrappy, with your best (only) flair player on the bench then this isn’t a surprising outcome.

Camerasa, Cunningham, Patterson , Morrison all had pass success of less than 50%

Ralls excelled against better midfields this year in particular the Gunners fame who let's be fair have extremely good midfielders .

He's been out for a while and I think he isn't able to play his same game with Gunnerson in the side.

Let's cut him slack he's been brillant over the last two years well exceeding our expectations , last year he was a vital nailed on first teamer , our problems are tge end result, farther up the field .

Ralls must have pictures of Warnock in an uncompromising position as there’s no way on earth you ‘d play him otherwise

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Ralls excelled against better midfields this year in particular the Gunners fame who let's be fair have extremely good midfielders .

He's been out for a while and I think he isn't able to play his same game with Gunnerson in the side.

Let's cut him slack he's been brillant over the last two years well exceeding our expectations , last year he was a vital nailed on first teamer , our problems are tge end result, farther up the field .
    I have always been his biggest fan. He's been great for us over a number of seasons and held us together. But yesterday was as poor as I have seen him. Just kept giving simple passes straight to them. I know the options are extremely limited but better to play the channels with Patterson's desire than short passes back to Everton.

Yesterday was so frustrating as they were not great. Don't start me on the ref, the time wasting which is staggering in the premier league from every team who have a lead - ref's don't even try to do anything (except book Etheridge - WTF) - can someone please find Junior so we don't have to keep playing his twin brother, and can someone please help me understand what possible reason NW picks Cunningham ahead of Bennett. If he is still punishing him for Burnley's backpost header than that is nonsense. In my view he is so far ahead of Cunningham.

Apart from all that great away day!!

Heisenberg

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Worcester View Post
    can someone please help me understand what possible reason NW picks Cunningham ahead of Bennett. If he is still punishing him for Burnley's backpost header than that is nonsense. In my view he is so far ahead of Cunningham.
    I'm sure it was Cunningham who was done at the back post against Burnley.