+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When last did we have a chat about GOD?

Re: When last did we have a chat about GOD?

Yes but that’s from the English translation and even then it’s been said to mean mankind.

In Hebrew language, in rabbinic literature, the divine presence of God, the Holy Spirit, the Shekhinah is feminine.[citation needed]

The New Testament also refers to the Holy Spirit as masculine in a number of places, where the masculine Greek word "Paraclete" occurs, for "Comforter", most clearly in the Gospel of John, chapters 14 to 16.[18] These texts were particularly significant when Christians were debating whether the New Testament teaches that the Holy Spirit is a fully divine person, or some kind of "force". All major English Bible translations have retained the masculine pronoun for the Spirit, as in John 16:13. Although it has been noted that in the original Greek, in some parts of John's Gospel, the neuter Greek word for "it" is also used for the Spirit.
    It sounds like you have as much knowledge of the bible as me i.e. what we learned at school. Why take such a hardline stance?

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    On seeing this thread's title and that it had 16 replies I just knew you'd be in the mix. My dog did too. "Ethelred," I said to him, "any money Taunton Blue Genie's made some remarks". His response was to lick a paw which translates to: "I'll wager my last pig's ear on it" in doggie language.
    Well I do find folklore fascinating.

Up until a year or so ago Sludge was a committed Catholic. That was until he was banned from Cowbridge's St Cadoc's church for monopolising the confessional box so much that no-one else had a chance to nip in to disclose and be forgiven for their sins.

The priest, father Joseph, patience finally snapped on hearing strange noises. When he broke protocol by parting the curtain that lent anonymity to the mysterious but very familiar voice he'd listened to for so long each day he discovered his wayward parishioner tucking into a pile of sandwiches resting on his lap.

The rotter would be there first thing in the morning and in the afternoon too. The later sessions would entail him detailing all the impure thoughts he'd had since earlier. He'd only been gone for 90 fecking minutes but always enough new material to sustain another two-hour session.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Up until a year or so ago Sludge was a committed Catholic. That was until he was banned from Cowbridge's St Cadoc's church for monopolising the confessional box so much that no-one else had a chance to nip in to disclose and be forgiven for their sins.

The priest, father Joseph, patience finally snapped on hearing strange noises. When he broke protocol by parting the curtain that lent anonymity to the mysterious but very familiar voice he'd listened to for so long each day he discovered his wayward parishioner tucking into a pile of sandwiches resting on his lap.

The rotter would be there first thing in the morning and in the afternoon too. The later sessions would entail him detailing all the impure thoughts he'd had since earlier. He'd only been gone for 90 fecking minutes but always enough new material to sustain another two-hour session.
    You are having it soon sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why do people associate the word 'God' with the Abrahamist one when there have been thousands of them?
    Because the link relates to the Abrahamist god and is a comment by the leader of an Abrahamist cult?

GOD was crap for us - Jimmy Floyd was much better

..if jesus was half man half god...which half was man?

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ..if jesus was half man half god...which half was man?
    The status of Jesus is different depending on which branch of Abrahamism you look at. And a lot of things that he was supposed to have done were assigned to other individuals in earlier religions.

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    I still can't believe Christ is portrayed as a white hippie
    Are we allowed to mention the poor chap was a first century Jew and was persecuted.