+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When last did we have a chat about GOD?

When last did we have a chat about GOD?

Not in His name: God is gender-neutral, says archbishop of Canterbury

https://www.theguardian.com/world/sh...-of-canterbury

Re: When last did we have a chat about GOD?

Who?

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post

What a barmpot

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    What a barmpot
    It's like a dream, you wake up to find out nothing you've ever been told is true. It's a bit like the Bobby Ewing shower scene

Wow even the almighty now, this equality is going ott it won't be long before men are complaining

Quote Originally Posted by jamieccfc View Post
    Wow even the almighty now, this equality is going ott it won't be long before men are complaining
    What about the collection box money they've been pocketing for the past 2,O18 years, all based on a lie

What about the collection box money they've been pocketing for the past 2,O18 years, all based on a lie
    I still can't believe Christ is portrayed as a white hippie

If you think god is real you’re a ****ing simpleton. God’s more likely to not be a man or a woman than casting magic spells down on you.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    If you think god is real you’re a ****ing simpleton. God’s more likely to not be a man or a woman than casting magic spells down on you.
    I think people find it easy to believe in God rather than live in fear that there's nothing after death, I find it hard myself to believe in the big bang theory as everything landed perfectly in place

I think people find it easy to believe in God rather than live in fear that there's nothing after death, I find it hard myself to believe in the big bang theory as everything landed perfectly in place
    How did everything land perfectly in place? Unless you’re arogant enough to think humans are the pinacle of creation and evolution doesn’t exist?

You’re more likely to believe there is a magic sky wizard and he’s definitely a man than believe scientific fact?

You’ve summed it up yourself it’s a crutch invented to make people feel better and control the masses.

How did everything land perfectly in place? Unless you’re arogant enough to think humans are the pinacle of creation and evolution doesn’t exist?

You’re more likely to believe there is a magic sky wizard and he’s definitely a man than believe scientific fact?

You’ve summed it up yourself it’s a crutch invented to make people feel better and control the masses.
    I don't really believe in anything whatever happens will happen I can't change that, the way the planets lined up is some what near perfection but we're a tiny piece of the jigsaw of the universe, I do enjoy listening to Neil deGrasse Tyson

Can you believe he thinks god isn’t a man with an actual dick!? How weird would you have to be to believe that!

It's ok for you you to make whimsical comments, but I bet you haven't got any relatives who were burned at the stake for not going along with the charade!

Why do people associate the word 'God' with the Abrahamist one when there have been thousands of them?

It's ok for you you to make whimsical comments, but I bet you haven't got any relatives who were burned at the stake for not going along with the charade!
    Does him having a dick make it less of a charade?

I don't really believe in anything whatever happens will happen I can't change that, the way the planets lined up is some what near perfection but we're a tiny piece of the jigsaw of the universe, I do enjoy listening to Neil deGrasse Tyson
    Our planet is in the perfect place but there are billions and billions of planets out there that aren't.

Earth is the only planet that we know of that has perfect conditions for life. As somebody else has said, there are billions out there that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Why do people associate the word 'God' with the Abrahamist one when there have been thousands of them?
    On seeing this thread's title and that it had 16 replies I just knew you'd be in the mix. My dog did too. "Ethelred," I said to him, "any money Taunton Blue Genie's made some remarks". His response was to lick a paw which translates to: "I'll wager my last pig's ear on it" in doggie language.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    On seeing this thread's title and that it had 16 replies I just knew you'd be in the mix. My dog did too. "Ethelred," I said to him, "any money Taunton Blue Genie's made some remarks". His response was to lick a paw which translates to: "I'll wager my last pig's ear on it" in doggie language.
    This cheered me up no end

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zenith View Post
    Earth is the only planet that we know of that has perfect conditions for life. As somebody else has said, there are billions out there that don't.
    And possibly some that do

God is fake news, but the handbook clearly states he's a man.

Believe or don't believe. But don't change the ****ing rules.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    God is fake news, but the handbook clearly states he's a man.

Believe or don't believe. But don't change the ****ing rules.
    Where in the bible does it say that?

It also says don’t eat meat on a Friday mind

I find it weird that people seem so quick to laugh at something or insist something’s wrong that they’ve not cared about or read about even once before. A cursory glance gives you this:

Classical western philosophy believes that God lacks a literal sex because it would be impossible for God to have a body (a prerequisite for sex).[7][8] However, Classical western philosophy states that God should be referred to (in most contexts) as masculine by analogy. It justifies this by pointing to God's relationship with the world as begetter of the world and revelation (i.e. analogous to an active instead of receptive role in sexual intercourse).[9] Others interpret God as neither male nor female.[10][11]

The Catechism of the Catholic Church #239 specifically states that "God is neither man nor woman: he is God".[12][13]
    I literally don’t care either way but I always find it surprising the amount of people who will quickly jump on something like this and rage about it without any knowledge and profess to know everything.

Where in the bible does it say that?

It also says don’t eat meat on a Friday mind
    The book of Genesis says that god created man in his own own image, then sent him into a deep sleep and took one of his ribs to create woman.

The bible also forbids eating fat, pork, cheeseburgers (meat and dairy together).

And not being circumcised.