+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Still just the one point away from home for dogged Cardiff as one goal is enough for Everton.

Still just the one point away from home for dogged Cardiff as one goal is enough for Everton.

Re: Still just the one point away from home for dogged Cardiff as one goal is enough for Everton.

Cheers Paul.
    Personally I thought Everton were poor yesterday and there’s was a result waiting for us if we could step up.
    Warnock’s tactic of flooding the midfield with workers seemed to disrupt them and their passing was awful.

Unfortunately though this was at the expense of any width or attacking options for us... and our passing was worse.

I’m not a big fan of passing stats as they can be misleading, but ours were shameful and the number of fairly unforced errors was awful.
    Ralls, Morrison and Camerasa were all guilty several times when they were all capable of better.

For most part the game was painful and the result predictable.

The referee was again poor and I’m wondering what actually has to happen for us to get a penalty.

We’ve had 3 given against us and I’d say only one of those was more convincing ( Bamba’s challenge on William) than yesterday’s foul on Cunningham by Coleman.
    I knew it wouldn’t be given and with Ralls confidence on the floor, I’m not confident he would have scored anyway.

I feel we now, again need to get at least something on Friday.

Re: Still just the one point away from home for dogged Cardiff as one goal is enough for Everton.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    Cheers Paul.
    Personally I thought Everton were poor yesterday and there’s was a result waiting for us if we could step up.
    Warnock’s tactic of flooding the midfield with workers seemed to disrupt them and their passing was awful.

Unfortunately though this was at the expense of any width or attacking options for us... and our passing was worse.

I’m not a big fan of passing stats as they can be misleading, but ours were shameful and the number of fairly unforced errors was awful.
    Ralls, Morrison and Camerasa were all guilty several times when they were all capable of better.

For most part the game was painful and the result predictable.

The referee was again poor and I’m wondering what actually has to happen for us to get a penalty.

We’ve had 3 given against us and I’d say only one of those was more convincing ( Bamba’s challenge on William) than yesterday’s foul on Cunningham by Coleman.
    I knew it wouldn’t be given and with Ralls confidence on the floor, I’m not confident he would have scored anyway.

I feel we now, again need to get at least something on Friday.
    There's a piece from an Everton blog I read somewhere which says something like their passing completion rate was a worst of the season in a home match of 80% - ours was just 52%. We are never going to be at or near the top in passing completion charts, but we have to do better than that.

What made it more frustrating was that many of poor passes were immediately after our player had done well to win the ball in a tackle.

We won't get many better opportunities than yesterday to get points away from home

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    What made it more frustrating was that many of poor passes were immediately after our player had done well to win the ball in a tackle.

We won't get many better opportunities than yesterday to get points away from home
    I think that's overstating it somewhat. I seemed as if there may have been an oppurtunity to do more going forward, but at what price? If we had two up front, we may have got murdered elsewhere.

Our lack of opportunity it down to our lack of quality. Callum Paterson was so isolated yesterday. But we're not the kind of team that can afford to spare someone to support him. The catch 22 is that it's asking way too much to expect him compete sucessfully alone up front at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I think that's overstating it somewhat. I seemed as if there may have been an oppurtunity to do more going forward, but at what price? If we had two up front, we may have got murdered elsewhere.

Our lack of opportunity it down to our lack of quality. Callum Paterson was so isolated yesterday. But we're not the kind of team that can afford to spare someone to support him. The catch 22 is that it's asking way too much to expect him compete sucessfully alone up front at this level.
    This is a fair point.
    If we’d played sayMurphy or Reid instead of one of our worker midfielders would Everton have made so many poor passes ?
    Would they have used the extra space to create more chances ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lawnmower View Post
    This is a fair point.
    If we’d played sayMurphy or Reid instead of one of our worker midfielders would Everton have made so many poor passes ?
    Would they have used the extra space to create more chances ?
    We picked a side to draw 0-0 - it would have been interesting to see what our substitutions would have been like, always assuming we would have made some, if it had got to 70/80 minutes with the game still goalless.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We picked a side to draw 0-0 - it would have been interesting to see what our substitutions would have been like, always assuming we would have made some, if it had got to 70/80 minutes with the game still goalless.
    We're not good enough though to keep the home side from scoring for 90+ minutes, however defensively we set up. Were we say, 25% better, then yes, we could scrape 10 - 12 away points in a season..