+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Fire Stick and Alexa, anyone got them ?

Fire Stick and Alexa, anyone got them ?

My kids are talking about buying my elderly parents a fire stick and alexa, but I can see the point as they don't/wont subscribe to any music download sites and they use my account to rarely watch netflix.

Is there any point ?

Re: Fire Stick and Alexa, anyone got them ?

Probably not.

So buying them something they don't want and won't use? Sounds like a waste of money. And not exactly in the "spirit of giving".

Other than catch up tv there’s not much point in the case of your parents.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So buying them something they don't want and won't use? Sounds like a waste of money. And not exactly in the "spirit of giving".
    For clarity, I know nothing about either and was looking for replies like that of 'Fine Lines' above (thanks), I'm not in the habit of buying or advising to buy for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Peajay View Post
    For clarity, I know nothing about either and was looking for replies like that of 'Fine Lines' above (thanks), I'm not in the habit of buying or advising to buy for the sake of it.
    If they already have access to Netflix and they won't be making any further subscriptions (Amazon Prime etc) there's no point in buying them a Firestick. My cable provider is supposed to be linking with Amazon before year's end so I'm actually hoping to be able to access all the apps I use via cable and get rid of my Firestick. I find switching between HDMI inputs annoying. My mother-in-law (for whom I bought a Firestick and a Netflix a couple of years ago) finds it confusing.