+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Emiliano Buendia

Emiliano Buendia

Just to highlight that there are bargains out there if you're willing to put the groundwork in. This Argentinian kid is 21 and cost under £1.5 For Norwich from Getafe and he tore Swansea apart yesterday.

Re: Emiliano Buendia

Quote Originally Posted by thehumblegringo View Post
    Just to highlight that there are bargains out there if you're willing to put the groundwork in. This Argentinian kid is 21 and cost under £1.5 For Norwich from Getafe and he tore Swansea apart yesterday.
    Is he any good in the air?

Does he know about the cold Tuesday nights in February?

The inability of Cardiff City - for whatever reason[s] - to identify and sign these 'gems' from overseas is frustrating. Capital city in the public gaze versus a sleepy backwater..

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Does he know about the cold Tuesday nights in February?
    ..or even the dark, late Sunday afternoons in November ..?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The inability of Cardiff City - for whatever reason[s] - to identify and sign these 'gems' from overseas is frustrating. Capital city in the public gaze versus a sleepy backwater..
    Giving out 3 year contracts to 33 year olds is more Warnocks style

It's a difficult one. I struggle with our footballing "philosophy" and don't think it's a sustainable vision for consolidating as a premier league club. As much as I'm full of admiration for someone like Callum Patterson for managing to maximise every last sinew of ability out of himself, I will never be convinced that he's the answer to our centre forward problem. Yet seeing Zohore's lack of character disgusts me.

I hope we find a happy medium somewhere and we can somehow incorporate better footballers into our style of play.

It's a difficult one. I struggle with our footballing "philosophy" and don't think it's a sustainable vision for consolidating as a premier league club. As much as I'm full of admiration for someone like Callum Patterson for managing to maximise every last sinew of ability out of himself, I will never be convinced that he's the answer to our centre forward problem. Yet seeing Zohore's lack of character disgusts me.

I hope we find a happy medium somewhere and we can somehow incorporate better footballers into our style of play.
    We've only seen 7 minutes of Zohore in the last 2 months, in a game that was already unsalvageable, so I'm not sure exactly how much we can read into his character from that.

I agree in general though, if we are to move forward as a club, it seems like an obvious step to improve our foreign scouting

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Giving out 3 year contracts to 33 year olds is more Warnocks style
    Find it crazy people talk about Warnock like this, man got a squad of misfits promoted on a budget.

It’d be nice if he was a bit more modern but to talk about him like this to me is ridiculous.

Well said sir��

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Find it crazy people talk about Warnock like this, man got a squad of misfits promoted on a budget.

It’d be nice if he was a bit more modern but to talk about him like this to me is ridiculous.
    Not sure any criticism is aimed specifically at the Manager - it's the club in general who seem to be at fault..

Totally agree about Zohore. Excuse after excuse, but it's obvious he's just enjoying the dosh..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Not sure any criticism is aimed specifically at the Manager - it's the club in general who seem to be at fault..
    In fairness, we've done well with Manga and Camarasa, but agree we need to beef up our scouting. Having said that, Norwich seem to have done well recently but they signed some right dross last summer. Signing players at our end is always going to be a bit of a mixed bag though, Huddersfield seem to shop almost exclusively abroad and most of their summer signings (not including their old loans) don't get a look in.

So because he got us promoted you cannot ever question any decision he makes?

Alex Ferguson won a hell of a lot more than Warnock but he wasnt allowed to dish out 3 year contracts to players who are nearly 34 years old. Giggs and Scholes, players on a different stratosphere to Bamba were on 1 year contracts when they got to Bambas age.

Warnock has always wasted a lot of money on signings he does not use so perhaps hes not the best man for a war chest in January.

Hes spent over 40m since last January and only Cunningham started the game last Saturday.

Where did I say don’t question or criticise him?

But the way you talk about him you’d think he’d done **** all and you could do a better job.

Where did I say don’t question or criticise him?

But the way you talk about him you’d think he’d done **** all and you could do a better job.
    I merely pointed out that signing or handing out contracts to older established players is more his style than scouting unknown gems from foreign leagues. Why is that so "crazy" or "ridiculous"?!?!

You think Warnock is the football messiah, I dont. Get over it.