+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trouble On the Buses

Trouble On the Buses

Posted by Vince on Facebook:

My Apologies but a bit of a rant caused by behaviour issues from supporters travelling on supporter’s club coaches this season. With West Ham on the horizon and a lot fewer independent coaches providing transport, some of you may be thinking of using the supporter’s coaches for transport to the game? You will be welcome but please read below before booking, and those supporters who maybe thinking in the future when we are the last resort as your normal coach is full please also read.

We are the official supporters club and endorsed by the football club as a safe way for supporters to travel back and forth away games. We abide by the law of the land and the traffic commissioner regulations for travelling by coach to a football match.
    We run a membership scheme with benefits including cheaper travel, however we will provide transport for any supporter, but they pay the full travel price with no membership privileges. All we ask is for you to abide by our code of conduct for example: -
    Alcohol is against the law to be consumed on a coach going to and from a football match and can carry a fine to the coach company and the driver. We enforce these regulations and laws so alcohol, drugs etc are not permitted on any supporter’s coaches that includes consumption and possession on the coach.

I enjoy a drink myself and do not have a problem with supporters having a pint etc when watching the City play it is a social event after all. Personally, I very rarely drink at football matches on the day of the game due to the responsibilities I have volunteered to carry out regarding assisting supporters. I need to keep a cool head and stay rational to help diffuse situations supporters may find themselves in.
    This season we have had a lot more supporters travelling with us an average of 500 per away game choosing to come on the supporter’s coaches which is fantastic. However there has been an increase in incidents all alcohol related which if it carries on, we will have to review our open policy that may make it harder for supporters to travel with us.
    On the way back from Everton yesterday we had grown men fighting on a coach in front of young kids and families who were terrified by the trouble. The steward of the coach had to use physical force in the end to brake the fighting men up and took some blows himself. Several seats were damaged during the fight with the fighting parties split up onto different coaches as the main perpetrator refused to get off the coach. At one point some of the kids as young as 15 were threatened by this adult which is a disgrace.
    We enforce a safe guarding policy for children under 16 although we will not allow children under 14 to travel on their own, but they must get their parents to sign the policy before we allow them to travel. It also gives the parents reassurance that whilst on the coaches we will provide a safe environment for their children to travel.
    We also caught supporters bringing alcohol on the coach and consuming alcohol on the coach even though they have been warned prior to booking with us. We had to leave supporters in Liverpool after the game because they were to drunk to get on the coach, we had one so drunk he didn’t know where he was and his coach left without him at 5.40 after forcing 48 fellow supporters to sit on Priory Lane while he tried to find the coach. We have had drink related incidents all season including abusive behaviour, bullying, and coach damage.
    Supporters travel with us because they do not want to get hammered every game, they like being in a safe environment that is why they bring their children on our coaches, we have OAPs, females, and families that travel with us. Their priority is to go and watch a football match they may have a couple of drinks before the game, but they don’t get smashed off their face.
    So, if your intention is to:
    Get hammered every game! Please do not book on our coaches

If it is to get drunk and have Dutch courage to think you’re the hardest man in the world! Please do not travel on our buses

Constantly use foul and abusive language and bully fellow supporters! Please do not travel with us

Damage and mess up the coaches! Please do not travel with us

Poor behaviour, bullying, fighting, abusive behaviour, will not be tolerated on our coaches you will be banned and any poor behaviour reported to the football club that threatens other supporters safety.
    All we ask is you respect your fellow supporters, our code of conduct, and the coaches. You will be more than welcome to travel with us then.

End of rant we are now taking bookings for West Ham Watford, and Crystal Palace

ccscbus.jpg

Re: Trouble On the Buses

Scary. At least on a train you can get your kids away from that. Awful for the parents and the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Scary. At least on a train you can get your kids away from that. Awful for the parents and the kids.
    Have had bad experiences on trains as well.

Lairy people, football or otherwise, are difficult to deal with.

Were they wearing Stone Island and that stupid jacket with goggles on the back by any chance....

They're ex-Valley RAMS pi$$heads each with a small beer barrel strapped to their backs. They could at least be a little more discreet about their boozing on coaches. How difficult is it to slip miniature bottles of spirits into their jacket pockets which they can swig from on the sly?

Vince still wouldn't want them on his coaches though because they'd never join in with Kumbaya or the other communal gospel singing he insists regulars clap along with.

Its not fair on the supporters club officials. They work hard enough without having to put up with this.
    To be honest the drunken behaviour of our supporters is one reason i dont travel away anymore.
    I hope the club ban these people for life and show support to Vince Alm and his team and also send a message out to others.

never good to hear about on the official supporters coaches ( we used to call them the pop and crisp coaches ) they always used to work well, mainly imho to ferry the older and the families to away games, it was never my idea of fun, went on one once and while we didnt drink due to the rules, it was just a rather sterile experience, which is why the Valley rams coaches catered for ( for the record, never went on one of them either, i much preferred the train, though did go on certain coaches when we were asked for numbers )

but the pic of the damage of them seats is hardly damaged, the bottom seat " pads " just push in, hardly alot of damage

a shame when incidents like this happen, but some just cannot handle booze

Was on the bus. The one kid who got off was visibly upset. Couple of young teens were drinking cider as fast as they could in services and I saw a few youngsters mouthing off to some Manc fans who would have made short work of them if they had turned nasty.

Way to many youngsters in fake SI trying to live up to the mistakes of our past. The old days have gone and judging by the size of some of these kids they wouldn’t have lasted 5 minutes.

What coach was it, luckily we were incident free on the pontypridd coach . My daughter who's 11 was on the coach with her friend. Obviously if there was trouble her friend would not be allowed to go again by the parents and I doubt my wife would allow me to take her again.
    It's not 1979 anymore.
    Also if the police get wind we may revert to bubble games which were a night mare

Quote Originally Posted by Armitage Shanks View Post
    What coach was it, luckily we were incident free on the pontypridd coach . My daughter who's 11 was on the coach with her friend. Obviously if there was trouble her friend would not be allowed to go again by the parents and I doubt my wife would allow me to take her again.
    It's not 1979 anymore.
    Also if the police get wind we may revert to bubble games which were a night mare
    WOL has run the story saying that the police have been informed.
    Guess that could mean more police searches of buses and buses being turned around if any alcohol is found. Also could see NAT putting up their prices to cover damage costs which will inevitably be passed on.

If you want a drink, don't go on the supporter's club coaches, simple. There are plenty of other buses and modes of transport

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    They're ex-Valley RAMS pi$$heads each with a small beer barrel strapped to their backs. They could at least be a little more discreet about their boozing on coaches. How difficult is it to slip miniature bottles of spirits into their jacket pockets which they can swig from on the sly?

Vince still wouldn't want them on his coaches though because they'd never join in with Kumbaya or the other communal gospel singing he insists regulars clap along with.
    They’re ex valley rams

We had a quick conversation about alcohol after the Bournemouth away game and perhaps the number of incidents are now so numerous that it's time to revisit it.

1. Do you need alcohol to enjoy football?
    2. Do you need so much alcohol that you leave your seat on 20 minutes, and then again on 30 minutes, and then don't return til 50 minutes because you were at the bar?

One shouldn't answer yes to both questions. Arguably, one shouldn't answer yes to the first question either, but that may capture a lot of people who can enjoy alcohol sensibly also.

I hope Wales and Cardiff's recent success is encouraging a lot of kids to try to get fit and make it at the highest level they can sporting wise, and they are recognising that becoming a binge drinker is really not the way to go. Hopefully their dads/mum's/older siblings can then follow the younger generations example.

Quote Originally Posted by surge View Post
    1. Do you need alcohol to enjoy football?
    This season, yes.

Why are you singling out “ex rams”? Clearly wahetever happened was out of order but to label all former members of an organisation long gone is absurd and unfair. I travelled up on a valley coach, lots of alcohol and no problems whatsoever. If the incident Vince alludes to involved fans from Ely or Whitchurch I wouldn’t label all fans from town. Stupid comment IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    never good to hear about on the official supporters coaches ( we used to call them the pop and crisp coaches ) they always used to work well, mainly imho to ferry the older and the families to away games, it was never my idea of fun, went on one once and while we didnt drink due to the rules, it was just a rather sterile experience, which is why the Valley rams coaches catered for ( for the record, never went on one of them either, i much preferred the train, though did go on certain coaches when we were asked for numbers )

but the pic of the damage of them seats is hardly damaged, the bottom seat " pads " just push in, hardly alot of damage

a shame when incidents like this happen, but some just cannot handle booze
    Watch out lads it’s Cass Pennant !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Croesy Blue View Post
    Watch out lads it’s Cass Pennant !!!!
    Bless, still following me around like a lost lamb

Quote Originally Posted by El Gwapo View Post
    Why are you singling out “ex rams”? Clearly wahetever happened was out of order but to label all former members of an organisation long gone is absurd and unfair. I travelled up on a valley coach, lots of alcohol and no problems whatsoever. If the incident Vince alludes to involved fans from Ely or Whitchurch I wouldn’t label all fans from town. Stupid comment IMO.
    Many of my posts at this forum are of the tongue-in-cheek variety. The one you responded to was amongst the more obvious ones.

Many of my posts at this forum are of the tongue-in-cheek variety. The one you responded to was amongst the more obvious ones.
    Proud to say l got it Organ

I'm not condoning the idiots involved but Vince is a serial attention seeker who now believes he's a spokesman for Cardiff and Wales fans.
    Always moaning about something and always making speeches and look at me comments he's a nuisance

Quote Originally Posted by stan butler View Post
    I'm not condoning the idiots involved but Vince is a serial attention seeker who now believes he's a spokesman for Cardiff and Wales fans.
    Always moaning about something and always making speeches and look at me comments he's a nuisance
    Really? I think he has the best interests of Cardiff city and the fans at heart

I think it's fair enough for him in this circumstance.

You are an idiot

Did you not see the photos?

Is this a wind up? You’ve caused more trouble on the buses than anyone in human history, apart from your mate Jack.